My little baby arrived in the post today, can't wait to start building her up. I call it a her cos the decals are pink!! Anyway, looking to put some sort of brushless set in there so that it really flies!! Can't wait, so excited!!

looks too good to build dont it...lol.

I have a DF03 tool built her in Feb...was the best 8 hours of me later years...anyway i asked a similar question and value for maney those EZrun systems seem to be the jobby....however cant stop lookin for a steal on a mamba max on ebay ...with a few hops ups (that you mgiht always have in your MS kit) the DF03 are begging for brushless.

Im running a 12t brushed...im in your boat....time for brushless.

I think the only concern is space the DF03 chasis doesnt have alot of room to fit larger ESC's might need to relocate it over the the RHS beside the sterring servo...im no expert and i havnt seen many brushless ESC's just passin on what was passed on to me.

Dont know if youve built one before but its an idea to relocate your ESC over beside the sterring servo anyway as i didnt like the battery wires hovering over the 4WD drive shaft...moving it to the other side takes away the risk.

Anyway - good luck.

A Mamba or Sidewinder esc is an easier fit in the limited space due to the fact that they don't have fans on them. Ezrun and several other brushless esc's require more room for the fan to fit and get airflow. I have my Sidewinder mounted opposite the steering, towards the back, and laying on its side with the bottom toward the battery. Receiver is mounted in front of the steering servo on it's side. My battery wires come out just to the esc side of the drive shaft and the small area in front of the esc is a where the connector resides. This has worked very well for me and keeps the antenna wire as far as possible away from the high current wires to the esc and motor.

Tamiya would have you put the esc and receiver on the same side. To me separating them gives better weight balance and less chance of interference from the high current wires.

My MS has a eZrun 5.5T in it, esc fits fine and motor does if turned right way.

The Mamba fits in with room to spare. Check my showroom entry for what I needed to add to the MS kit to make it suitable for brushless. Not much! Just a 22T/23T pinion and some alloy clamp style wheel hexes. Picture of how I ran all the wiring and mounted the electrics there too. DF-03 MS Racer.

This is mine when i 1st built it with the 9T in it Click the wires are up and over now from esc > motor.

very nice, what is benefit of fitting alloy clamp style wheel hexes?

Thanks

very nice, what is benefit of fitting alloy clamp style wheel hexes?

Thanks

They clamp to the axle shaft and makes a perfect seat for the wheel to be pulled up tight on. You can over-tighten the wheel nut on plastic hexes and it folds them around the crosspin and they rub on the bearing sheild (seen this done many times). Not possible to fold the alloy clamp hexes around the crosspin in the same manner.

This is mine when i 1st built it with the 9T in it Click the wires are up and over now from esc > motor.

Great timing. I am sitting here trying to mount my EZRUN 9T in my DF-03MS and can't seem to get the wires in right. What did you do to bend the wires (without breaking them)? Got an up close pics?

Great timing. I am sitting here trying to mount my EZRUN 9T in my DF-03MS and can't seem to get the wires in right. What did you do to bend the wires (without breaking them)? Got an up close pics?

Nevermind. I got it. It took quite a while and looking at many pictures.

They clamp to the axle shaft and makes a perfect seat for the wheel to be pulled up tight on. You can over-tighten the wheel nut on plastic hexes and it folds them around the crosspin and they rub on the bearing sheild (seen this done many times). Not possible to fold the alloy clamp hexes around the crosspin in the same manner.

Mark...

1- will these work on my Thundershot?

2- if so, will these allow me to run newer style wheels, and what kind?

3- do you have a link for where to get them?

Thanks!

Sal

Everything is fitted now and it works a treat!! Just have to paint the body shell and I'm up and running!! Only got a 15 turn brushed motor in at the moment to test the waters...