monster_beetle

'94 Castrol Celica 92200

interesting, is this the one w/ pop-up headlights?

they need to work on the description..

Really cool! :) I would have preferred it was the pop-up light version, but it's a Celica! And it's lovely news they have a driver figure included!!! I wonder whether it will be like on the TB01 (which will mount somehow on the chassis) or a full cockpit set ? :D

Being on a DF03RA I would expect the interior to be like the TA01/02 rally interiors as opposed to the TB01 interiors. TB01 interior style over the DF03RA chassis would result in a very narrow interior, the chassis is very compact compared to the TB01.

A cover to fit over the tub might be something worth me making up a vac-former plug for. Help keep the dirt out of the tub. Basicly a Dark Impact body shape with no roof. I should be able to fit a part that big in my home made vac-former.

ah, splendid, the bug eyes. hopefully this time they don't tint the window stickers (as they've done to the new drift spec R32 and EG6)

ah, splendid, the bug eyes. hopefully this time they don't tint the window stickers (as they've done to the new drift spec R32 and EG6)

If it comes with an interior, why would they? I bet Tamiya will also want to keep the windows as clear as they can be.

Would the body shell fit a DB01 do you think? If so would there be any chassis mod's needed?

800px-Toyota_Celica_GT-FOUR_02.jpg

Hmm, just spoke to Vin87 at MSN. And he told me I am wrong with the round headlight model. I am right that that is the model released in '94 by toyota, BUT... it made it's entrance in the rally scene in '95. In which it was immediately disqualified because of a wrong turbo.

Also tamiyausa.com has updated their description, saying that the driver of the original car was Didier Auriol. Which points us at the celica with the pop-up headlights.

Hmm, just spoke to Vin87 at MSN. And he told me I am wrong with the round headlight model. I am right that that is the model released in '94 by toyota, BUT... it made it's entrance in the rally scene in '95. In which it was immediately disqualified because of a wrong turbo.

Also tamiyausa.com has updated their description, saying that the driver of the original car was Didier Auriol. Which points us at the celica with the pop-up headlights.

Noooo way! This is beyond awesome - I have to get one of these shells and lots of those interiors!!! :D

Oh nice - I had a tl01 version of this - the body was fantastic if a pain to stick the decals on. I do like where there going with this chassis though. Sadly I dont think i'll be getting one unless my numbers come up ;-)

Oh nice - I had a tl01 version of this - the body was fantastic if a pain to stick the decals on. I do like where there going with this chassis though. Sadly I dont think i'll be getting one unless my numbers come up ;-)

I still have the TL01 version, I didn't paint it in the Castrol Livery, Decals still in the box though.

was just going to say if its auriol it'd be an ST185 with the pop ups :D my brother has one IRL, he'll be stoked about this! he has a display shell butr wanted a runner too.

RenoRanes007 do you want to sell the castrol decals? i take it you've got the ST205 version as pictured above? i'm restoring a TL01 version myself.

Hmm... Bummer. If it is the ST185 with the popups I'm not interested. I like the 'bug eyes' ST205 model. Will wait to see some pictures when they are released. If it isn't what I want I'll get the older kit ST205 bodyset and fit it to my Tamiya/HPI TA01/02 rally chassis (No internal alloy gears in TA02 and better for brushless).

AWESOME - bug-eye or pop-up, I really REALLY hope they release a bodyset for this one! I've been looking for a Celica bodyset for my TB-01 rally chassis for ages, they're so rare to find NIB and I really want to do a street-car shell for the shelf (I used a battered old Evo shell for bashing).

I am really wanting a DF03ra to go on road and light off road. maybe jump around a bit off of curbs and thrash around in gravel. Im wondering how much more expensive the celica/lancer will be over the subaru at the time of release, being a newer model will there be a premium to pay or will it be a very similar price? I may go for the subaru to get a cheaper rally car on the df03ra chassis. the celica sounds really nice with those lights, and the lancer will be a nice change from subaru's.

I noticed that on the tamiya webpage for the lancer Here it says that the dark impact body is included as a dust cover, but on the webpage for the celica Here it doesnt mention it, will it fit inside the celica shell and is it included does anyone know or can guess?

thanks

Rich

I am really wanting a DF03ra to go on road and light off road. maybe jump around a bit off of curbs and thrash around in gravel. Im wondering how much more expensive the celica/lancer will be over the subaru at the time of release, being a newer model will there be a premium to pay or will it be a very similar price? I may go for the subaru to get a cheaper rally car on the df03ra chassis. the celica sounds really nice with those lights, and the lancer will be a nice change from subaru's.

I noticed that on the tamiya webpage for the lancer Here it says that the dark impact body is included as a dust cover, but on the webpage for the celica Here it doesnt mention it, will it fit inside the celica shell and is it included does anyone know or can guess?

thanks

Rich

I don't know if it will be included with the Celica, but DI bodies aren't that expensive, so you could just buy one seperately afterwards :) I think the Celica and Lancer will have a slightly higher price (being limited edition+dust cover on at least one of the two+interior on one of the two), but I don't expect it to cost $20 more in the market price than the other DF03RA's...

I don't think the DI body comes with it. As it will get in conflict with the interior (that is what I expect).

Ah yes I see.

Ive no experience with rc cars at all, does the cockpit set act as some kind of dust guard in itself or is it more of a dust collector? Are the cockpit sets only good for shelf queens or are they good for rallying too? The dust guard is a strong selling point of the df03ra, as I want to waterproof/protect it. I wonder if the DI body could be made to fit under the cockpit set or maybe think about making my own dust cover / mud guards in the arches etc.

How long should I expect for these new releases, are we talking weeks months or even a year before they are released and available, ive no experience of this in the past.

Auriol drove the ST185 in '94 so it will most likely be the popup light version. i'm very glad with that since that is the only one i'm missing from my collection. i have a street T20 and 2 WRC T20's, and also 3 WRC T16's. can't wait till they are on sale!!

do you mean it is the pop up light model of car, or it comes with pop up lights in the kit? if not do you think a pop up light mod will work on it is that why everyone is interested in this pop up light thing? :P

is it is a direct remake of the old ST185 it will have a big plastic part for the front grill and lights with the lights up. so the popups are molded in

BUT nothing is impossible to make :P working popup mod is quite easy. you just need a 3rd ch. on your transmitter and one of those cheap ebay microservo's and some imagination :P

celica.jpg