monster_beetle

'94 Castrol Celica 92200

...How long should I expect for these new releases, are we talking weeks months or even a year before they are released and available, ive no experience of this in the past.

RChamp stated release date around month of July. Price: 15100Yen=157usd ;)

Bit late now for me, I already got my 58417 hehe, but still interesting to see them when they come out and what they look like.

Anyone have a picture of the kit? Thanks!

has anyone got a release date ?

or a link to rc champs site?

yeah i'm desperate to see exactly what this is aswell..

yeah i'm desperate to see exactly what this is aswell..

found his web site .

really quick response.he said 18th of july is the release date

Still seems to be no box art or an images of this one out there yet :)

Really looking forward to getting one, especially if they come with the cockpit set :angry:

yeah i have a NIB and runner version of the TA02 one, the rally interior looks awesome when you're running :)

I found some pictures. :blink:

Dunno if the pictures are real or not but it looks right :unsure: Release date is listed as July 18 and price is 15100 yen.

Seems that there will be an XB as well...

92200 XB

There is also a picture of the 92203 Lancer Evo IV:

I found some pictures. :)

Dunno if the pictures are real or not but it looks right :angry: Release date is listed as July 18 and price is 15100 yen.

Seems that there will be an XB as well...

92200 XB

There is also a picture of the 92203 Lancer Evo IV:

I searched last week and found the same pictures, but unfortunately they could just as well be the pictures from the original release. And I think they are because of:

1. The quality of the pictures

2. The Camera view of the pictures (the new release pictures often have a lower camera point, check TamiyaUSA).

3. The shadow of the Mitsubishi shows an edge in the shadow behind the front wheels. This line appears to be straight to the back and far to the middle, like on the TL01 (on which the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV was also released), and not like the buggy tub of the DF03RA.

Those pictures are not Tamiya images. Though, they do represent the products accurately as far as the body goes.

I searched last week and found the same pictures, but unfortunately they could just as well be the pictures from the original release. And I think they are because of:

1. The quality of the pictures

2. The Camera view of the pictures (the new release pictures often have a lower camera point, check TamiyaUSA).

3. The shadow of the Mitsubishi shows an edge in the shadow behind the front wheels. This line appears to be straight to the back and far to the middle, like on the TL01 (on which the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV was also released), and not like the buggy tub of the DF03RA.

I also suspected this.... :lol: anyway, the Toyota can't be too far off. I think I will have to order one of these. I have heard a lot of good things about the DF-03ra and it should be a nice change in pace to my scale 4x4s.

Hope to see some official pictures soon. I have seen the release date July 18 several places...

Jason's got both the Celica and Evo on sale, including body sets.

Thanks for the info.

The Mitsubishi says "Chassis protection cover" and the Toyota says "cockpit parts included"... I want both :lol:;)

post-27454-1248292178_thumb.jpg

post-27454-1248292192_thumb.jpg

That Celica is cool! Will these make their way into LHSs?

Seems strange that they'd show one with tinted windows and then state that it includes a cockpit set.

thats definitely a new celica shell/decals, i can spot the difference between it and the original :lol: maybe they got a shell before a kit so they built this up and took the pics, didnt have the rally interior for the display shot?

My Celica kit is now waiting for me at home... bad news is I will not be home before Monday <_<

I ordered one of the first kits from a retailer in Japan. It comes without the ESC but I have a pile of those already anyway... can't wait to get started on the kit.

If anyone has got one built yet please post some picture. If youre about to build one some things I noticed...

You will need some decent glue for the first sections diff plates. It states tamiya cement in the manual but I used some regular household superglue as I read somewhere thats fine for it, its been fine so far.

You need a 2.5mm drill bit and pin vise or drill to do some holes for grub screws on all the arms.

Watch out for screws rounding off especially on the rear gear box, use a nice screwdriver and dont rush them they will go in just with some careful work.

The clear/smoke gear cover parts tree wont fit.

Velcro on the dark impact dust cover is a good idea instead of cutting holes for bodyposts on the dust cover it also makes a better seal around the chassis, not sure if the kit dust cover is the same but I assume it is. I would say no more than 15mm thickness.

There is not much room inside the chassis for electronics, a small footprint ESC or receiver makes it easier.

Good luck guys with your new special editions if youre getting one! I sort of regret not waiting and sort of dont. My subaru is pretty beaten up now lol!

That Celica is cool! Will these make their way into LHSs?

Seems strange that they'd show one with tinted windows and then state that it includes a cockpit set.

I think the picture is of the XB TT01 version 99201, thats why the windows are tinted.

92201b.jpg

92201a.jpg

92200 comes with cockpit :-)

IMG_0545.jpg

More pictures at etamiya.com

IMG_0549.jpg

On this page the lower image of this page shows a TA01 or 02 is it?

Looks like the lights are like the mirrors on a parts tree. Guess you cant do flip lights with those. :)

On the other page of the manual it shows a DF03RA it looks like.

On this page the lower image of this page shows a TA01 or 02 is it?

Yeah, it's just the original instruction sheet that came in the original body set.

I was super impressed to find the wheel arches pre-cut on my body when I opened it up :) man, that saved a truck load of time :P Hope to have it painted by the weekend!