Olly_Lunchbox

Boxed Bear Hawk For Sale

I'm selling some of my stuff and would prefer them to go to TC members. If I don't get any takers here they'll go on eBay.

It's in ok condition and will make a good runner.

It's all original, comes with MSC, two servos and a receiver you will need a battery which I'm presuming most people here have <_<

The BAD points - It is missing the driver and the pinion, the shocks are a bit stiff and the diff isn't diffing but it's fine for a runner.

The good points are that it's in good nick, everything on it including the body are sound and it comes with the battery stay.

I don't have the instructions but it comes with the box. Box is not mint but isn't too shabby either.

U.K. only please because the cost of overseas is too prohibitive.

I'm asking £50 + £8 postage.

I have paypal or cash is fine if you want to collect it.

BearHawk001.jpg

BearHawk005.jpg

BearHawk008.jpg

More pics here .... Bear Hawk pics

This has been sold to everyone's favourite Australian :lol:

Sorry to everyone else who mailed me but Mark was first!

:lol:

Quick on the draw there Tex! :-)

You interested in a few NIB Original body-kits for those?

Regards

Quick on the draw there Tex! :-)

You interested in a few NIB Original body-kits for those?

Regards

LOL :) I had my birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and wanted a 2WD buggy. Was looking at a DT02 MS but it went for over my price range at auction and none others I could find and this trade came up almost right when the auction ended. Liking the hard bodies more than the lexan bodies I jumped on it. Bear Hawk has been on my 'wishlist' since I discovered it was a hard body.

This one is in pretty good condition and the only parts I can see missing are the driver and the MSC cover. The driver is the same as the Grasshopper so easily sourced (may use a Fox or Wild One head - nicer helmet) and the MSC is going in the box with the other 20 orso MSCs and won't be used again (not by me anyway). Because of the expensive postage, which I expected it would be, and didn't have a second thought about paying, Olly has very kindly added a 2nd body top to the package for me. Cheers Olly! I very much doubt I will ever break the original body, let alone the spare. Not very often I roll a car. I've been running a Grasshopper around now for almost a year with a 4600Kv MambaMax in it and not rolled it yet, same with the Fox and Super Champ.

They are a very nice body style and this model could look very scale with a few slight changes.

No one should need to ask what colour. ;) The best body will stay boxart and the other will be _______ with custom decals to match. ;) Painted detail and a full depth detailed and painted styrene interior. 4 spot lights on the front and some red tail lights (I like to drive into the early evening). The body mounts and hole in the roof will all be filled.

The front bumper is great for kids who crash, doesn't look very scale though, so it will go and be replaced by some bar work. Add nerf bars and a roll bar around the rear motor (similar to the Fox). Don't know about a wing yet, will do some mockups in the art program and see if anything gels. The rear does look 'bare' without one (pardon the pun :P). Rough Rider wheels will fit to the front. Depending how they look on the rear will decide whether I use them or some other type of scale looking wheel. The Carson wheels look quite good if I can find a set for sale outside of Germany. (Disc 'plough' wheels don't work well in the dirt here unless you are trying to plough a paddock).

14T E-Maxx steel pinion gets rid of the only alloy gear in the gearbox. I know 14T don't fit in the current holes but there's heaps of room there for more hole sets and add an alloy plate outside of the gearbox, under pinion cover will be make sure the 3/4hp Mamba motor doesn't tear itself off the gearbox. Looking through the manual I see many parts that can be upgraded with modern parts. DF03 alloy dampers will bolt straight on and replace the kit pogo-sticks. DF02 or Thundershot Universal shafts will bolt straight to the rear. Hollow shaft for the gearbox should be able to be sourced from another kit (even if it needs to be shortened slightly). Top Force adjustable upper links and turnbuckle sets will fit. I have my suspicions that a Manta-Ray ball diff will fit it too and I want to buy a set of F104 alloy front steering knuckles to test fit (They look like they will fit Grasshopper/Lunchbox/Bear Hawk, can only buy a pair and see). I will mount some swaybars in there too somehow. That's most of the mechanical I can see straight up. Should make it quite strong and easily adjustable.

All of that should make it stand out from the crowd and have it handling well, far more power than it needs and looking like a real buggy. Here's hoping it all goes to plan :)

I will run it first as Mr Tamiya intended. Only way to know if the mods are a step forward or not. Can't wait for it to get here so I can play.

Thanks again Olly :D

Crikey!

I knew you'd be planning something nice for this but that sounds mind blowing!

Can't wait to see it!

The only thing I will say about this chassis is that it can be a bit tail happy on full throttle, it's a bit of a donut machine but from the way you described your driving style I trust your capable hands B)

Nice buy Mark, you're going to have a lot of fun with it. I've found the Sport Tuned is about the limit of what the chassis can take with my cack-handed driving. Would love to see a vid of it getting tail happy with a brushless set-up!

What a car! Had one when I was a kid, sold it though about 10 years ago, very very regrettable! Mine had the custom 'araldite' welding added to the back tubular part of the shell after a poorly landed jump!!!

This one is obviously going to a good home, good skills TA Mark. The plans sound awesome.

4WD Bear Hawk??

TA-Mark_58093_Bear_Hawk-07.jpg

It's sitting on my hopped up #58161 Ford F-150 TA02 chassis (NIB kit came from scollins). Almost a perfect fit. Would only need some slight mods to the body around the main driveshaft input to the front gearbox. Lots of GPM alloy on this chassis, almost the same hopup list as my Blazing Star built on a TFE chassis. Dampers are DF03 fronts all round, great amounts of travel with the tourer damper stays. Wheels are Tamiya 30mm 2 piece 5 spoke with the F-150 kit tyres. Still lots of work to be done to the F-150 before I'll be happy with the finished product.

I tried the BH body on the TFE chassis, but the extra 20mm wheelbase is just that bit too long. Had to try it though just to see. Hard bodies are way better than lexan for scale appearance.