RA1028

Photos For Re-issue Rough Rider From Shizuoka Hobby Show 09

black bumper, plastic antenna tube instead of metal aerial, decals without sponsor logos, new dampers

WillyChang should start mass produce the original SRB decals and offer discount for us :blink:

img1675_13052009111307_1.jpg

img1675_13052009111307_2.jpg

img1675_13052009111307_3.jpg

img1675_13052009111307_3.jpg

That is an unbelievable sight in 2009! :blink::angry:

Blister packing really is part of what made /makes Tamiya such a special experience.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOO!

C O O L .

How you can see the shocks are uprated is beyond me though. ?

the diameter is much larger than the original. If you check the upper right side of the first photo, the inner shaft is larger too.

absolutely unbelievable!! :angry:

- I have to admit I never thaought I would see anything like this from Tamiya in a million years.

and blister packaging too! - FANTASTIC

thankyou Tamiya! :blink:

I was hoping for a new TRF 2WD, I guess a re re SRB will do for now :blink:

It seems a little strange they would choose to fit a plastic aerial as the springy metal one is still in current production on some of the 1/14th trucks :blink:

Uprated shocks is great news though, the front uprights don't look much different, maybe the stiffener rib is thicker ?

The change to "fake" sponsor decals is a bit of a shame, but it's almost certainly to avoid copyright / trademark licensing.

I hope the front spindles don't fall apart like the rere Brat ones :angry: .

It's a joy to see the return of the blister packaging.

There's obviously some difference with the rear axles too, see the drive hubs are a separate piece ?

I'd like to see the rear cage, is it just like the original ?

Stunned speachless, its not real, can't be, surely they couldnt re-re this you'll be saying next they are re-reing the blazer.

It seems a little strange they would choose to fit a plastic aerial as the springy metal one is still in current production on some of the 1/14th trucks :blink:

Uprated shocks is great news though, the front uprights don't look much different, maybe the stiffener rib is thicker ?

The change to "fake" sponsor decals is a bit of a shame, but it's almost certainly to avoid copyright / trademark licensing.

I hope the front spindles don't fall apart like the rere Brat ones :angry: .

It's a joy to see the return of the blister packaging.

There's obviously some difference with the rear axles too, see the drive hubs are a separate piece ?

I'd like to see the rear cage, is it just like the original ?

The rear cage should be the same. Check the second photo covered by the body

That is a thing of beauty. I have to have three of these, and that will be the first time I've done that with any Tamiya model.

Oh WOW :blink:

Looks like the top of the shock is a one piece casting..were the old ones like this?

shock.jpg

Happy ML

Why couldn't have this come about a year ago when I had money? This economy stinks!

Is it my eyes..or do the tires look smooth on the sidewall?? Maybe they havnt got permission from Sand Blaster tires, and released them without any lettering?

Look at the pic of the car, the walls look smooth :-(

Maybe time to buy the originals that are now flooding ebay?!!!

With a plastic DB01 being currently sold at around £175, I can only assume that the Rough Rider will be £200+. And I can foresee there may well be an initial premium added on by LHS to the first batch that are sold. Fingers crossed that £sterling strengthens so the Rough Rider is affordable by all.

Is it my eyes..or do the tires look smooth on the sidewall?? Maybe they havnt got permission from Sand Blaster tires, and released them without any lettering?

Look at the pic of the car, the walls look smooth :-(

Maybe time to buy the originals that are now flooding ebay?!!!

The re-release Brat came with Sand Blaster tyres didn't it?

I'm absolutely gutted that I've spent about £200 in bits on eBay over the last couple of weeks!

Looks fabulous. Enables me to finish off my other partially complete SRB's without spending a fortune.

Any news yet on whether or not this will be a limited edition ?

I'm absolutely gutted that I've spent about £200 in bits on eBay over the last couple of weeks!

Looks fabulous. Enables me to finish off my other partially complete SRB's without spending a fortune.

Any news yet on whether or not this will be a limited edition ?

Don't worry! Nothing is limited from Tamiya unless there is no demand.

Model # starts with 58xxx is normal unlimited kit.

Looks great :blink: Will be interesting to see what price it sells for, hopefully not too expensive. The site website link posted in the other forum post had both 34,000 Yen and 20,500 Yen. Hope its the lower amount :angry:

Camlocks are there, mid left

and Well Nuts.

Am I right if I see the radio box hiding under the body in the middle in front of the rear cage?

and Well Nuts.

Am I right if I see the radio box hiding under the body in the middle in front of the rear cage?

I am just worried they changed the radio box for this ESC. They might of added a hole or two for a heat sink. Hopefully not. I love the water proof idea.