RA1028

Photos For Re-issue Rough Rider From Shizuoka Hobby Show 09

Does anyone know what's the new connector setup for in the new LF1100 batteries? Judging by the pic there are male Deans to Tamiya plug type adapters -- perhaps the new battery has female deans connectors and what looks like an LED connector for TLU unit perhaps?

Some different thing I can spot is the screwhole on the front swaybar.

It used to be fittet foreward but now on the upper side...

Still using the spring in front, otherwise it looks more or less the same in the front (ex, the new shocks)

These cars use the old antenna, not the plastic tube...

Awesome I say, awesome!!!

Badboy

Pure guesswork here, but I'd say the LiFe packs have a locking female Deans compatible on them, the flylead is a balance cable I would suspect.

These cars use the old antenna, not the plastic tube...

Yeah, where did the antenna tube claim come from?

So are these new battery packs 1100mAh? That means awful running times right?

I know we want to relive the old days but not to THAT extent.

First line, first post, this thread :lol:

RA1028's photo of the blue one seems to back up that assertion.

So are these new battery packs 1100mAh? That means awful running times right?

I know we want to relive the old days but not to THAT extent.

You can still use the humpback style batteries I guess...

Let you LHS build some for ya...

Badboy

Here's the pic with the new antennaholder...

img1675_13052009111307_3.jpg

Wierd

Badboy

OHHHH ..........................Its Beautiful cant wait to get my hands on a NIB or 2 :lol:

If they have tooled up for this then who knows what else they are going to do its no easy job tooling up ..Makes me think that more SRB's might come out who knows maybe even a new model .

Why tool up to bring out one kind of buggy when all the SRB's used the same parts dosent make sense not financially smart anyways .And the new battery why make a new battery for one kind of Buggy/car nope there is more to this than meets the eye .

I bet they bring out more of these old Beauties

Very nice an all that, but that's the end of me collecting vintage cars.

Bad enough when the Re-Re Frog came out, now this. All that wasted time, effort and money. Might as well stick the whole lot in the bin. Better that than sit here looking at collection that reminds me of my mistake getting in to this in the first place. All that money, all that time, all that effort, just blown away with every re-release. Sweet, really sweet.

Thanks a lot Tamiya. Dump on the dedicated vintage collectors. Cheers.

Sorry if that sounds bitter and twisted, but that is exactly how I feel right now. Gutted.

First line, first post, this thread :lol:

RA1028's photo of the blue one seems to back up that assertion.

LOL, yeah I read it but couldn't see how anyone could make the assumption from the photos. Does it have a black antenna tube? I was looking for the white one used on the likes of the Hornet etc

OHHHH ...

I bet they bring out more of these old Beauties

We can allways hope!

I want the old videos as well!!!

Any news about a diff?

Badboy

Here's the pic with the new antennaholder...

img1675_13052009111307_3.jpg

Wierd

Badboy

And yet the orange one quite clearly has a springy wire antenna:

img1675_14052009102208_1.jpg

Pure guesswork here, but I'd say the LiFe packs have a locking female Deans compatible on them, the flylead is a balance cable I would suspect.

Found the answer to my question here ... you're right -- the flylead is for the balancer, much like the LiPo setups.

I suppose the 1100 pack is made to fit like the old humpback packs ... time to visit the LHS to fabricate some 2009 "humpback" packs.

Why tool up to bring out one kind of buggy when all the SRB's used the same parts dosent make sense not financially smart anyways .

Like I say, because of licencing issues. The Frog chassis was used on lots of cars but they only re-released it on one other vehicle, the Brat.

Another important issue is the balancing of giving the customer what they want without damaging the brand. Re-release the odd vintage buggy and they get a warm reception. Do it to everything from the 1980's and they just look desperate and lacking in innovation.

Ive noticed alot of people are saying i hope the ss comes out to........ but what about the Ford ranger? Come on guys dont leave him out :lol::)

Look at that nice shiny new radio box, i might have to replace the very nice Kamtech repos with real ones LOL

Its going to be strange looking on eBay and seeing Black bumpers for £12.99 and new radio boxes for £20 i cant wait.

I have 5 Original Rough riders and this release does not bother me as the 5 i have are still the original ones and i didn't collect them for the financial investment but the love of the brand.

i still think the old one will sell for loads of cash but only if there is a way of identifying the new parts from the old and looking at the pics that might be harder than first thought.

Darren

It all comes down to supply and demand ,If we demand they will supply they have been doing this since the first re re.

So the SS Body has copyright issues does not mean Tamiya will not make a new body of some kind for this chassis .The new Battery made up for one type of car I dont think so not when the radio box on all these types of car can take the battery.They have bigger plans as a good buisness does

It has been proven over the years to re re a car if its popular Tamiya has been doing this for years dosent mean that if they re re the SRB range or what they can of it that they will loose favour or popularity.

To tool up for one buggy bring out a entirely new type of battery for one car does not make financial sense .Its that simple even if they cannot use the SS as a body they can use others .

We will keep on buying as we always have ,We all have different tastes in cars and buggies if you dont like a car/buggy dont buy it pleany of other people will as goes for all makes and models .

So the SS Body has copyright issues does not mean Tamiya will not make a new body of some kind for this chassis .Its that simple even if they cannot use the SS as a body they can use others .

So how about:

Two seat Buggy

Truggy

Manx

Sand Rail style

Badboy

So how about:

Two seat Buggy

Truggy

Manx

Sand Rail style

Badboy

Excatly Badboy spot on mate :lol:

Tamiya can bring out what they like if there is no copyright on it they can make a whole new type of SRB .

SRB does NOT stand for Vintage Racing Buggy

Two seat Buggy FAV

Truggy Hilux or Ford Stadium Truck

Manx SRB Sand Rover

Sand Rail style Wild One

Spare part engineering at it's best. Tamiya could combine those parts with almost no effort, they've done it before.

Ohhhh... Not to forget about the Super Champ body!!!

Badboy

LOL, yeah I read it but couldn't see how anyone could make the assumption from the photos. Does it have a black antenna tube? I was looking for the white one used on the likes of the Hornet etc

The first set of photos clearly shown a black plastic antenna with the usual alloy antenna holder. As I said the first set of photo was taken in Tamiya factory before the show. Maybe someone is clever enough to carry the RR to the venue with the plastic antenna and switch to the metal aerial once arrive to avoid damage.

Ohhhh... Not to forget about the Super Champ body!!!

Badboy

Hope that Tamiya either bring out a Super Champ body or re-release the kit, would look great next by my Buggy Champ when it arrives :lol: Noticed the Buggy Champ doesnt have the resistor or resistor cage, will have to find one just to give it that authentic look, like they did with the Hotshot re-release. :)