RA1028

Photos For Re-issue Rough Rider From Shizuoka Hobby Show 09

Thankyou Daniel I appreciate your help mate :)

Order sent :lol:

I figure Ebay and online shops will be flooded with spares so I will get them then ...Mr Rudd just Stimulated me (It felt so good too) Thankyou Mr Prime minister for the free $900.00

Thankyou Daniel I appreciate your help mate :lol:

Order sent :lol:

I figure Ebay and online shops will be flooded with spares so I will get them then ...Mr Rudd just Stimulated me (It felt so good too) Thankyou Mr Prime minister for the free $900.00

Yep, x2 Swarm, the Rudd-meister bought my vote for the cheap price of 1 Buggy Champ and change :);) How's that for a Prime Minister :lol:

wow tamiya should bring out a new car called the WAAAAAAAAMBULANCE for all the collectors that are annoyed with this. :lol:

This new kit is still different from the original 1979 and subsequent variations of the model. Many things have changed, writing on the tyres, structural changes, damper changes to mention a few. It should be very easy to tell the difference between the original and re-re parts. As for collecting, the new model should not affect the rarity of the original. It will however stop fine original examples being driven in anger when there is a cheaper alternative.

It's great news for those who like to drive scale. There is no way I'd ever spend the $4,000 odd for NIB original kit just to build it and then run it. The re-re gives me the oppertunity (and the consumable parts at a reasonable price - tyres) to do this.

For those who don't like SRB because it's not raceable/bashable: There are 3 types of RCing. Racing, bashing and scale running. Those who have been building the scale 4x4s will be familiar with the 3rd type. They are not raced or bashed or thrashed, just driven in a scale manner so as not to damage them. SRB falls into this 3rd group. If your interests are only in bashing or racing then this isn't the model for you. SRB is best enjoyed sitting on the ground and watching it run in detail, just like you do with a scale 4x4. Appreciation of the way the model interacts with it's surroundings. Most of the vintage cars fall into scale runner category with them being modelled closely to the 1:1 car they are scaled from.

I will be buying one, but then I like to sit down and relax and drive around gently watching the car run. If I want some excitement there's the dedicated bashers and racers for this in my display case.

Yep, x2 Swarm, the Rudd-meister bought my vote for the cheap price of 1 Buggy Champ and change :lol::) How's that for a Prime Minister ;)

LOL yup x2 here, he stimulated the wife as well but paid for the privilage ,She is going to buy a Wii so I will have fun with that as well .

I just ordered x2 Buggy Champ ..Ohhhh its going to be fun I can see Tamiya home page now it will be full of Tamiya Buggy Champs everybody posting pics of their builds ...Will be the only Time TC will have home page full of the same pics at once :lol:

What I don't get is:

They release a Mercedes Unimog, a Toyota Landcruiser and now a Ford Bronco on the CR-01.

Without any license issues, obviously.

Why should it be a Problem to re-re the Ranger? Although it would be a shame, I have 3 Ranger shells sitting on my desk. :lol:

Good point. Maybe they really do just throw darts at the wall and see which posters they land on. :)

Same here just done a pre order here also it will be a busy time for tamiya and tc home page.

Im looking forward to getting one not only will it be a re re bbut it will also be the first srb i will have ever owned so i ges it will be special in its owen way.

I agree with every thing mark just said im in the 3rd group i like to build my cars not thrash them or brake them just like to drive them and interact with the soroundings you put that in a nice way mark.

Haha, I forsee a Buggy Champ build-off for the August TC Competition! :lol:

..Ohhhh its going to be fun I can see Tamiya home page now it will be full of Tamiya Buggy Champs everybody posting pics of their builds ...Will be the only Time TC will have home page full of the same pics at once :lol:

It will be nice having such easy access to all those rough rider wheels and tires as they look so good on so many different cars.

Hallulua.......these are exciting times for Tamiya for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would describe them as different.

How good a runner does this sound. Underdamped, oversprung suspension, underpowered thanks to a heavy chassis, falls over when cornering hard on grippy surfaces, understeers everywhere followed by spinning out when cornering hard thanks to no diff. As for reliability the pot metal suspension bends when you hit anything even at low speeds, go fast enough and the parts snap. The first time you make a reasonable size jump the radio box cracks around the front well nut thanks to the chassis flexing too much. Thankfully the shocks have been replaced, the originals were usually sealed with silicone at the joints and mounted upside down to try and keep oil in them longer than 5 minutes.

Apart from that they are at the cutting edge of technology. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saw it ran today,driver just about rolled it a few times,at low sped. So it just like the orginal :lol:

25 simultaneous readers :lol:

Re LiFe - afaik, 5C charges... but **** discharge rates compared to Lipo. Of course, for the mighty 540SH powerplant this should be plenty enough haha! Note that 5C charges is quite a feat to achieve with a "normal" charger and PS combo if your battery is anything more than, say, 1.5Ah :lol:

To those of you who are crying their lungs out because of how much money you "lost" on these NiB kits you just bought a few weeks ago... hey, you are the ones who made the vintage market like it is today, ie something a lot of vintage enthusiasts can't (or shall I now say couldn't?) afford to enjoy any more... It was long overdue that that trend reverses. Investing 101: nothing is risk-free ;) Hopefully this will also weed out some of the borderline ebay evil sellers who were actually making somewhat of a living off the vintage nib kits just because they could (didn't quote any names, mind you). Flame me if you want, but I say, bring on more re-re's tamiya! Me wants supershots, 959's, Avante's, Astute's!!! Forget about the selected few who suddenly cry over the value of their collection dropping tenfold, they aren't the true enthusiasts anyway! We, the joe schmoes of vintage RC collecting, are! Give us what we need and can afford!

Thank you Mr. Tamiya!

Paul

(PS: just pre-ordered two :lol:)

I agree, bring any and all back 1 at a time. Collectors still have a 30 year old kit to collect dust. No matter what way you look at it everybody won't be happy, you'll ******* off one side or another.I never understood a NIB anyway, a kit was meant to be built and driven. Otherwise why not just by diecast, or a static styrene kit if you build but don't run it?

Any reason I couldn't fit a 7.2v hump pack in there, get decent run times & not have to fork out for a new charger?

It is goin to be interesting to see what wild and original paint schemes folks do to new Riders? As we dont need to feel quilty about keepin em original.

Plus it can only be good for 30year old nib Rough Riders, As now nobody would need to build a classic nib. As i know if i had gotten my sticky mits on a vintage nib up till now? I would have built the sucker! :lol: So now i can get that nostalgic feelin of a new build but not feel guilty! :lol: Plus i cant wait to let rip on some mods.

Nice one Tamiya! :lol:

Saw it ran today,driver just about rolled it a few times,at low sped. So it just like the orginal :lol:

Any photos from you?

Do you know if the RRRR (Re-Release Rough Rider) come with diff?

If you can read Japanese, can you tell me what is written on the 1st photo on page 5?

Thanks

Where are people putting there pre-orders in? I've spoken to my LHS about this and he's clueless, should I be using Stella or someone like that?

It's not out for ages and I'm already worrying about missing out :lol:

Sorry OLLY all sold out :lol: to late.....

try RC Champ they sponser TC on the home page send them an email and im sure they will help

So Tamiya are now telling us to all go and get a LiFe? Ha. :lol:

Anyone know what requirements a charger need to charge these things? Will a LiPo charger do LiFePo?

And good to see those Rudd 'stimulus' payments being used to 'stimulate' the Australian economy... NOT.

But seriously, if I hear the word 'stimulus' in the media once more I'm gonna go all Elvis on my TV set.

- James

But seriously, if I hear the word 'stimulus' in the media once more I'm gonna go all Elvis on my TV set.

- James

I fail to see how stuffing it full of cheeseburgers & putting a sequinned suit on it will help :lol:

Does it improve reception ?

Re LiFe - afaik, 5C charges... but **** discharge rates compared to Lipo. Of course, for the mighty 540SH powerplant this should be plenty enough haha! Note that 5C charges is quite a feat to achieve with a "normal" charger and PS combo if your battery is anything more than, say, 1.5Ah :lol:

30c discharge rate not good enough for you!! jeebus man what do you need!!

form the digging around i've been doing, the A123 LiFe cells thta Tamiya are using are usually rated at aroun 30c discharge, up there with the best LiPo's and more than enough for some seriuos punch through that 540.

of course it remains to be seen what the cell specs are for the Tamiya batts, all the info i could find on them didn't mention it.

mat

Sorry OLLY all sold out :lol: to late.....

try RC Champ they sponser TC on the home page send them an email and im sure they will help

Just looked on these guys list at shizuoka shows new releases by tamiya and it does'ent appear to list the er buggy champ... could be wrong and have missed it though? TOO EXCITED MAYBE :lol:

Just looked on these guys list at shizuoka shows new releases by tamiya and it does'ent appear to list the er buggy champ... could be wrong and have missed it though? TOO EXCITED MAYBE :lol:

The Rough Rider added to the Shizuoka list only a few days ago. Many online lists are still outdated and even the Tamiya Japan English website too.

The Rough Rider added to the Shizuoka list only a few days ago. Many online lists are still outdated and even the Tamiya Japan English website too.

[/quote

Cheers for that info, I was worried for a moment!