Sign in to follow this  
RA1028

Photos For 1/12 Black Porsche 84057 From Shizuoka Hobby Show 09

Guess the 'bag' version will be appearing very soon on a worldwide auction site - and at a big premium. Brilliant, not.

Might I also be the first one to say: What a shame it is to see that gorgeous injection moulded body paired with THE MOST GOD-AWFUL UGLY WHEELS TAMIYA HAS EVER RELEASED! :(

I agree wheels look bad :blink:

What's worse is that apparently all the "bag" models are sold out. :(

I pre-ordered mine a while ago from rc champ If I don't get the bag I wont buy the car simples ...

What's worse is that apparently all the "bag" models are sold out.

That's good news if they made quite a few of them...... means that the market is lively for re-releases/limited editions.

Seems strange they would make that for the Japan market only though.

I am going to kill myself if I don't get a US release date and price for this thing!!!! I need to preorder now!!!

I am going to kill myself if I don't get a US release date and price for this thing!!!! I need to preorder now!!!

If you go to Tower Hobbies and enter in the model number 84057, it will bring up the Tamiya Unimog kit at a price of $209. This is obviously a wrong description as the Unimog sells for over $300 on Tower Hobbies and that is not the model number for the Unimog. I think this is supposed to be for the Black Porsche. Check it out:

Tower Hobbies - model #84057

If you go to Tower Hobbies and enter in the model number 84057, it will bring up the Tamiya Unimog kit at a price of $209. This is obviously a wrong description as the Unimog sells for over $300 on Tower Hobbies and that is not the model number for the Unimog. I think this is supposed to be for the Black Porsche. Check it out:

Tower Hobbies - model #84057

It's definitely 84057:

DSCN1654.jpg

DSCN1658.jpg

More pics here

Any updates on the US release yet?? I called tamiya yesterday and they say the release should be the end of this week, they also said that the USA version DOES come with the bag.

I thought the body was hard plastic not polycarbonate, per ebay site?

At $285.00 in my opinion, even with the cloth bag is expensive! The chassis is an existing one, the hard body, well Tamiya is in the static model business so is will within Tamiya area of expertise... the bag, mabe is worth $135.00??? :) unless Tamiya is paying a huge % for licensing from Porsche

I thought the body was hard plastic not polycarbonate, per ebay site?

At $285.00 in my opinion, even with the cloth bag is expensive! The chassis is an existing one, the hard body, well Tamiya is in the static model business so is will within Tamiya area of expertise... the bag, mabe is worth $135.00??? :) unless Tamiya is paying a huge % for licensing from Porsche

Nah, this is simply someone making use from the fact that the bag is not included in many countries - and lots of collectors do want the bag :o

JR-RC had 20 at $285US with the bag - I didn't bother as think that is too much. I will keep my eyes open from other sellers of which one has emailed me to say when they get them they will be $165 (not sure if that includes the bag) which doesn't actually worry me. Well done to the people who puchased them. I watched the last 6 disappear very quickly.

Does anyone know the total number of cars which will be produced?

I did not find it....

Mine is being shipped today from RC champ....

Unfortunately the Tamiya USA website has now removed the written reference to the bag - although there is still a photo of it.

It appears that it may be true that the bag is for the Japanese market only.

Regarding price, Tower Hobbies have these listed at $209.99 (was $258.99) and with the ad code you can get $45 off for orders over $200, so their price is $164.99.

Has anyone heard from Stella, they told me they would keep me posted but I haven't heard a peep yet!

Regards,

Luke Jenner

I just pick up two black porsche from dealer. Good news is they have Limited

Edition Numbered plate: No.00043 and No.00046. Bad news is there is no bag.

For more info, please check here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=89915

Oh Thanks, so there is a limited number of 'only' 99999 cars. Hahahah!

Anyway, nice marketing idea to incresase the ask. It worked with me - I like the body and the features of the box...

Cant wait....

>>>>>

Thank you for sending money,we've got it.

We ship your order today,here is tracking number XXXXXXX.

Thank you for buying from us.If you need anything again,please let me know,sir.

Yes the special carrying bag comes with this kit,please check inside of kit box when you receive this.

We appreciate your time and your business with us.

Thank you.

Best regards,

RC Adviser Champ

>>>>>>

Paul

I thought the boxes were the same, but have not "investigated".

-Lars

How much was the 934 from RCChamp and cost of delivery to the UK? I know its not the done thing to enquire too much from RC Champ but not order.

Cheers

I've also given in and ordered one from Jason. Here's hoping that he sends it off with his usual attention to good packaging.

This and the RRRR were on my summer shpping list, but I kind of took my eye off the ball for a month and then got all spontaneous yesterday. I'm really looking forward to this one. Those shots of this Porsche at the Hobby SHow really did it for me (except amybe the wheels..)

Guys,

The 934 from Tower Hobbies is $210-$45 discount = $165! Jason, who is a superb seller, is offering the Japanese version for $285, WITH BAG! Question: do the collectors out there think the Bag is worth a US$120 premium! Does anyone have a photo of the bag?

Regards,

Luke Jenner

Guys,

The 934 from Tower Hobbies is $210-$45 discount = $165! Jason, who is a superb seller, is offering the Japanese version for $285, WITH BAG! Question: do the collectors out there think the Bag is worth a US$120 premium! Does anyone have a photo of the bag?

Regards,

Luke Jenner

Whos jason? anyone got link to his ebay shop?

Thanks

Lee.