Sign in to follow this  
RA1028

Photos For 1/12 Black Porsche 84057 From Shizuoka Hobby Show 09

Who is Jason your funny ;) ......>not trying to be smart

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/jr-rc/

^^^Link to Jason shop he has lotsa cool stuff many vintage Tamiya and other brands just leave you wallet at the door before you enter :o

I find him to be a very flexible and understanding seller and a great guy .

I have brought items off him in the past and paid him when I had /get the cash he is alright with that from me (cant vouch for anyone else) as I have brought a few high end items off him in the past so he knows I will pay .

Hope that helps.

Who is Jason your funny ;) ......>not trying to be smart

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/jr-rc/

Link to Jason shop he has lotsa cool stuff many vintage Tamiya and other brands just leave you wallet at the door before you enter :D

I find him to be a very flexible and understanding seller and a great guy .

I have brought items off him in the past and paid him when I had /get the cash he is alright with that from me (cant vouch for anyone else) as I have brought a few high end items off him in the past so he knows I will pay .

lol not trying to be funny or anything, just wondered who he was sounded like a good guy!

Probably not for me as im in the UK, thanks though!

Edit:- wow lots of stuff 1000's of items even got an NIB Jugg 2! well cool, says item from Japan? so is he based in Aus or Japan?

Lee :o

lol not trying to be funny or anything, just wondered who he was sounded like a good guy!

Probably not for me as im in the UK, thanks though!

Edit:- wow lots of stuff 1000's of items even got an NIB Jugg 2! well cool, says item from Japan? so is he based in Aus or Japan?

Lee ;)

Hi Lee I was just messing with the "Funny" remark we all gotta start somewhere

He is based in Japan but very good on postage (To Australia anyway) I guess we are in the Asia region .

He has lots of Drool over items I can spend ages in his shop day dreaming .

Like I mentioned he is a very flexible and understanding Guy .

Take care :o

Stuart

Hi Lee I was just messing with the "Funny" remark we all gotta start somewhere

He is based in Japan but very good on postage (To Australia anyway) I guess we are in the Asia region .

He has lots of Drool over items I can spend ages in his shop day dreaming .

Like I mentioned he is a very flexible and understanding Guy .

Take care ;)

Stuart

hehe no worries!

I see, looked at some items postage seems pretty good to UK to, it would just depend on yet again if i got stung at customs or not! lol

He sure does will take for ever to look through them all, I see he has like Jap only 1/14 semis with multifunction unit and 4 channel radio

now thats cool! and lots of vintage or NIB stuff to!

cool will see what i fancy!

thanks you to.

Lee :o

Just a note to anyone buying from Jason,don`t bother asking him questions,you will probably not get a reply and i don`t know if he is still blocking people who ask questions that don`t need asking[he used to block askers of questions].He does not normally answer questions because his stuff is well listed and if you need more info,it is best to find out from somewhere else what you need to know.

He has some great stuff for sale and often has items that are hard or impossible to find anywhere else on the net,he tends to be a bit pricey compared to other sellers but his service[bar comms] is second to none.

HTH

Just a note to anyone buying from Jason,don`t bother asking him questions,you will probably not get a reply and i don`t know if he is still blocking people who ask questions that don`t need asking[he used to block askers of questions].He does not normally answer questions because his stuff is well listed and if you need more info,it is best to find out from somewhere else what you need to know.

He has some great stuff for sale and often has items that are hard or impossible to find anywhere else on the net,he tends to be a bit pricey compared to other sellers but his service[bar comms] is second to none.

HTH

Thanks will bear that in mind before asking to much lol! does have lots of cool stuff!

Thanks

Lee :blink:

HTH

He must have changed his policy or perhaps I caught him on a good day.

I asked him the other week if he could put aside a Marui Super Wheelie CJ7 for me as I didnt have the cash at that time .

He replied and said no problems hit the BIN button and pay for it when you get the monies so I did that was over a week and a half ago I asked for 2 weeks grace but I didnt need that long I just completed the transaction 5 minutes prior to posting this thread.

He is a good guy I think if people ask him out of the realm of reality questions he ignors them but a descent question he spends the time to give a reply to .

It may also depend on how the question is possed to him as well as there is a language barrier .I tend to keep it simple and straight to the point :blink:

He must have changed his policy or perhaps I caught him on a good day.

I asked him the other week if he could put aside a Marui Super Wheelie CJ7 for me as I didnt have the cash at that time .

He replied and said no problems hit the BIN button and pay for it when you get the monies so I did that was over a week and a half ago I asked for 2 weeks grace but I didnt need that long I just completed the transaction 5 minutes prior to posting this thread.

He is a good guy I think if people ask him out of the realm of reality questions he ignors them but a descent question he spends the time to give a reply to .

It may also depend on how the question is possed to him as well as there is a language barrier .I tend to keep it simple and straight to the point :blink:

That is more of a favour asked,not a question that doesn`t really need asking.I have bought quite a bit from Jason over the years and have never had any problems what so ever,but i don`t ask questions about his stuff,if i don`t know,i find out from else where on the net or from others who might have the answers i seek.

People who ask silly questions have been blocked,i do know that for a fact,it is just a word of caution ,thats all.

I also asked him last year when he released all those Blitzer Beetle Nose Cones if he could release more please if he had any left as they were snatched up quickly .

To give the rest of us plebs a chance at buying some I got a nice email from him saying he understood the situation and would be releasing more very soon .The next day he had another few hundred up for sale .

Perhaps that was a question relating to a favour as well .

Regardless it was a question to which he answered .

I do believe you though when you say he blocks certain questions ..... ie like can you sell that kit to me for a disscount.,Ohh and the classic do you do pick-up if I live in say Panama

Typical questions that dont need to be answered like you mentioned

Guys,

The 934 from Tower Hobbies is $210-$45 discount = $165! Jason, who is a superb seller, is offering the Japanese version for $285, WITH BAG! Question: do the collectors out there think the Bag is worth a US$120 premium! Does anyone have a photo of the bag?

Regards,

Luke Jenner

What!!!??? $45 discount? How'd you manage that? I have a $25 off coupon for purchases over $199.99. Please tell me how I can get this $45 discount I planned on preordering mine from Tower. I am so tired of hearing about that bag!! lol I don't even care anymore I just want the car thats more important to me.

Question: do the collectors out there think the Bag is worth a US$120 premium!

Its a gamble if you are in it for the money.

You need to hope this car is a real winner with everyone, and that all the people who buy it race it to death leaving only a few nib left of the 100,000 or so being built. Then if you have the bag as well you will sell for a premium.

Lots of ifs and buts, however I am sure you follow

Whos jason?

He's the guy who finds yet another vintage NIB kit from 25 years ago just when you thought the world had finally been exhausted of them all. I swear that guy has secretly got a time machine. :blink:

He's the guy who finds yet another vintage NIB kit from 25 years ago just when you thought the world had finally been exhausted of them all. I swear that guy has secretly got a time machine. :blink:

Know what you mean hes got a bullhead kit now listed, I so wanted one about nearly 16 year ago! more so than clod buster when most seemed

to like that more! I remember seeing one in Beatties and having a good look in box and seeing those tyres real life for the first time hugeeee! lol

Thanks

Lee :lol:

Today my bagged Black Porsche arrived from Jason. Very fast shipping. The kit has the number 1006. I still can't believe to own a Black Porsche! YES!!!

The other kit from Switzerland will be shipped on June 25 and will also have the bag. I hope so....

2001 and 2010 will be great numbers to get :lol: from the film,that had something Black in it.

:o

Tamiya,it`s full of stars :blink:

2001 and 2010 will be great numbers to get :lol: from the film,that had something Black in it.

:o

Tamiya,it`s full of stars :blink:

I think the person who will have the number 01979 (that was the year of release, right?) will be one very lucky owner :o

The $45 discount only applies to people living OUTSIDE of the US (International Customers). The ad numbers don't work for shipping within the US:

I quote:

"Tower Hobbies understands that international customers could use some extra R/C savings. Place a qualifying order through Tuesday, June 30th and we'll subtract up to $250.00 from the total. All you have to do is click on the appropriate ad number in the list below and it will be placed in your shopping cart. The more you order, the more you save.

If Your Order Totals: YOU SAVE Use Ad#

$100.00 - $149.99 $20.00 010VA

$150.00 - $199.99 $30.00 010VB

$200.00 - $249.99 $45.00 010VC

$250.00 - $299.99 $60.00 010VD

$300.00 - $399.99 $75.00 010VE

$400.00 - $499.99 $100.00 010VF

$500.00 - $599.99 $125.00 010VG

$600.00 - $699.99 $150.00 010VH

$700.00 - $799.99 $175.00 010VJ

$800.00 - $899.99 $200.00 010VK

$900.00 - $999.99 $225.00 010VL

$1000.00 or more $250.00 010VM"

This is a VERY good deal. When I ordered my 30th Anniversary 934 from them 18 months ago I got $60 off for a $515 kit. That discount would now be $125!

The $45 discount only applies to people living OUTSIDE of the US (International Customers). The ad numbers don't work for shipping within the US:

I quote:

"Tower Hobbies understands that international customers could use some extra R/C savings. Place a qualifying order through Tuesday, June 30th and we'll subtract up to $250.00 from the total. All you have to do is click on the appropriate ad number in the list below and it will be placed in your shopping cart. The more you order, the more you save.

If Your Order Totals: YOU SAVE Use Ad#

$100.00 - $149.99 $20.00 010VA

$150.00 - $199.99 $30.00 010VB

$200.00 - $249.99 $45.00 010VC

$250.00 - $299.99 $60.00 010VD

$300.00 - $399.99 $75.00 010VE

$400.00 - $499.99 $100.00 010VF

$500.00 - $599.99 $125.00 010VG

$600.00 - $699.99 $150.00 010VH

$700.00 - $799.99 $175.00 010VJ

$800.00 - $899.99 $200.00 010VK

$900.00 - $999.99 $225.00 010VL

$1000.00 or more $250.00 010VM"

This is a VERY good deal. When I ordered my 30th Anniversary 934 from them 18 months ago I got $60 off for a $515 kit. That discount would now be $125!

Yeah im in UK and have used these in past really good, I saved a lot and didnt get custom charges either for one but did other, my order was sent from 2 different Tower hobbie ware houses in US and one got charged and other didnt it was lower value one that got charged to lol just goes to show

its a lottery!

Thanks

Lee.

Luckily in Australia we aren't charged customs duty unless the value exceeds A$1000, (US$800 or 480 Quid).

Luke

^^^^

don't be too sure :) got hit on a $400 parcel once, its all random once they can collect minimum $50 off ya (10% GST on value + postage, plus service fees)

There are already 5 nib kits in the TC showroom! I will put my Black Porsche in the showroom this weekend.

When do we see the first built kit?? :)

I think I will build a non bagged US Version kit.

Is it better waiting to buy the US kit, perhaps prices perhaps go down after the first run. Or will they be sold out soon?

Does anybody know something about the production number of the Black Porsche?

I think the person who will have the number 01979 (that was the year of release, right?) will be one very lucky owner :)
Nope, it was released in 1976. Their 15th kit, the Rough Rider, was released in 1979.

Jason is a very good seller, I've bought tons of things from him in the past. He has always been very courteous, but he is obviously crazy busy.

However, the thing we have to remember about all sellers nowadays is that they have to work very hard to sell enough stock to cover their costs and make it worthwhile as the buyers screw everyone down on price as much as they can. This means a low tolerance of dorkage from people asking questions they can find the answers to without bothering them (for example here) and requests for discounts. The truth is, there are dozens of people waiting in the wings to buy his widgets if you don't want them at that price and generally his prices are fair and reasonable. After all, you can't expect stock at 1970's prices, or perhaps you would like to be earning 1970's salaries again?

When he finally gives it all up and moves to South America, or the Caribbean, or wherever he ends up, I can guarantee our community will be much more the poorer for it and there will be hearts broken all over the world!

Keep well,

Paul

I'd go as far as to say that Jason is a Great Seller. I have transacted with him many times over the past 6 years and his service is top notch. Superfast shipping, a lot of flexibility and he has very high integrity.

If you do a search for some of the products that Jason carries, you will find more often than not that his items are but one of a handful of listings available, and again it's all about what you are willing to pay for an item, which is usually ... well sought after.

So I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion on whether USD285 plus postage is "worth it" for an "in-demand-bagged" model ... if it's too expensive then don't hit that Buy It Now button.

This means a low tolerance of dorkage from people asking questions they can find the answers to without bothering them (for example here) and requests for discounts.

Intereresting word Paul ... ;)