Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hazzard

Is This Charger Any Good?

Charger on ebay

I know its a cheap one, but I'm on a limited budget.

What would be the best battery to get for long run times to go with this? I've got a Tamiya Brat re re and a Traxxas Slash. I'm not too bothered about increasing their speeds, I just want to be out having fun for as long as possible.

Cheers

With only 2000mA maximum charge, if you get a nice big 4600 pack, it will take nearly 2 1/2 hours to charge it :lol:

With chargers you get what you pay for I'm afraid, you would be better off budgeting £40 for a good charger & buy a couple of smaller capacity packs.

I wouldn't bother either. I have a 1A peak charger, that will do up to 3500mah batteries if you want something to get you going while you save for a decent one.

Its got a Deans plug on it, you can have it for a few quid, plus postage.

Cheers for the offer butler, I'm cool. I have an Ansmann at the mo but it seems to be staggering towards the end of its life span. Its only working intermittently.

How about this charger? That seems alot better. With its 5A, am I right in thinking it will charge this battery in less than an hour?

That's a much better choice than your first one.

That charger's not bad & should work well with those Vapex packs, they're spec'd for a maximum charge rate of 6 amps, so you should be able to charge them in around 50 minutes at 5amps.

BTW, you can get those Vapex packs cheaper by buying direct from Component Shop's website rather than Ebay, £19.95 each, £2 postage on the lot.

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/body_large_packs.html