knotty

I Would Kill For A Shed Or A Garage...

Not quite, 4 weeks is the starting point normally. I agree your 2 weeks is harsh.
our place is local authority so its 23 days plus statutory holidays for the first five years then after youve done five years it goes to 28 days plus stats so its not that bad,plus you can bank any over time up to 2 hours then take the time off later,so its possible to click an extra two weeks holidays a year so we arent that badly off.But back to sheds ive just stuck me head out of the door to look at doing a little bit more on my bowler(yes ive ressurected it again)and its started to rain :angry: so it looks like im indoors cutting lexan to make windows for my other land rover.......

houses flats caravans you must try a narrow boat and all my cars, 6ft wide 58ft long like living in a tube

Not quite, 4 weeks is the starting point normally. I agree your 2 weeks is harsh.

Oh and back on topic, I store everything in a converted airing cupboard and work either at my race club, on my kitchen table or sat at my desk in our home office. I do all my spraying out in our workshop at home.

Well, you guys don't have it quite as good as the Belgians then, hehehe. (that is what I was going from) A German guy I know said the same thing.

Well, you guys don't have it quite as good as the Belgians then, hehehe.

No one has it as good as the Belgiums, have you seen their Beer!!!! Unique glasess for each type, makes me thirsty just thinking about it ;)

oh and back on topic

I find stuff goes rusty in a shed whereas indoors it all stays.... better.

Paul

Heres my unfinished garage, part of the new house. Bricks are finished now and just waiting for the roof trusses. Garage will have a hoist for the real cars and I'll make myself a little spray booth for the models.

OUtside

http://www.tcphotos.com/getuserimage.asp?t...009112706_4.jpg

Inside

http://www.tcphotos.com/getuserimage.asp?t...009115830_4.jpg

http://www.tcphotos.com/getuserimage.asp?t...009115830_5.jpg

Windows are so you can see the cars from the courtyard, and studio/Tamiya room is on the right, where all the completed models will be displayed.

http://www.tcphotos.com/getuserimage.asp?t...009115830_6.jpg

You'll have to click the links to see.....apparently you're not allowed to link photos from TC Photos to Tamiyaclub????? :(

I find stuff goes rusty in a shed whereas indoors it all stays.... better.

A tin shed or a garden shed this will happen. A lined and insulated shed has a very similar climate to the inside of the house. Mine is more 'house like' inside than like a shed. I even have carpet and curtains.

RC shed/workshop should have a few luxuries too... Spend more time in there than I do in the house.

lol, I thought I was the only person who used my shower as a spray booth! The beauty of the shower/tub is that tile and porcelain is not hurt by acetone when it's time for clean up. 90% of the paint is dry by the time it hits the floor from rattle cans, and when it's time for air bushing my tanks I spread a sheet over my kitchen sink, turn on the range hood and go to town. Makes for a dusty 1 bedroom, um, "flat" I believe you blokes call it, but what the heck, you gotta sacrifice for the hobby, right? Though part is that my collection is beginning to outgrow the bookshelf I have allocated for it, and that means moving onto my actual bookshelf, and given that I was a lit major in college the idea of packing books in boxes to make room for 'hobby cars' is a bit of a quandry...where exactly does Milton stack up against the new KV-1, or Shakespeare and Chaucer against my King Tiger? Dostoevsky will get priority over the Re-re Buggy Champ, but sorry Becket and Joyce, you might just have to go...and Proust? Criminey, does anyone actually get past the first ten pages of that guy? lol

lol, I thought I was the only person who used my shower as a spray booth! The beauty of the shower/tub is that tile and porcelain is not hurt by acetone when it's time for clean up. 90% of the paint is dry by the time it hits the floor from rattle cans, and when it's time for air bushing my tanks I spread a sheet over my kitchen sink, turn on the range hood and go to town. Makes for a dusty 1 bedroom, um, "flat" I believe you blokes call it, but what the heck, you gotta sacrifice for the hobby, right? Though part is that my collection is beginning to outgrow the bookshelf I have allocated for it, and that means moving onto my actual bookshelf, and given that I was a lit major in college the idea of packing books in boxes to make room for 'hobby cars' is a bit of a quandry...where exactly does Milton stack up against the new KV-1, or Shakespeare and Chaucer against my King Tiger? Dostoevsky will get priority over the Re-re Buggy Champ, but sorry Becket and Joyce, you might just have to go...and Proust? Criminey, does anyone actually get past the first ten pages of that guy? lol

wow, what kind of nube tries to correct apost and ends up quoting himself for the dang thing...srry guys...

I hear you British and all Europeans start out with 6+ weeks of vacation. We start with two, and about 5 national holidays; that's it. After we've been working 25+ years, we might get up to 5.

6 weeks holiday in the uk? nah, the reality is a 45 hour plus working week and 4 weeks holiday for most people I know. :D

I'd give up my garage for 6 weeks of vacation + bank & church holidays. That is the worst thing about this country. Oh, and too many lawyers--> so that no one is held responsible for his actions any more.

if you were in another place someone might have already converted one of your garages into a home!! hehe :P

my mom hates it when i work on R/C and moto stuff in the house on the dinning table. now i normally work on that sort of stuff in my dad's office or his shop out in the barn. it really sucks when you drop something freshly painted or freshly greased in saw dust. :D

Wish i had a shed, but have no room to put one. I tend to work at the top of the house in the back attic which is 15 foot wide and 17 foot long and has pleanty of storage (shelving units) space under the eve's of the roof and plenty of light and ventalation thanks to the V-lux windows. My work area will increase later next year as my step son goes to uni and i have already planned to remove the stud wall so i will have a nice 30 foot by 17 foot workshop, so while a shed would be nice i do have plenty of room inside and a girlfriend who doesn't mind bits of RC everywhere in the house :P

Well my shed arrived on 29th and I finally got time this weekend to make up some workbenches and move my stuff in Saturday.. luckily the cars get to stay in the large cupboard in the house so I only have my tools and spares in the shed. Its cosy but enough room for what I need, never thought I would be happy to have my own shed :huh:

img280_29052009090422_1.jpg

img280_29052009090422_3.jpg

img280_29052009090422_4.jpg

img280_29052009090422_5.jpg

view could be better feel a bit like a prisoner looking out of the windows.

img280_29052009090422_6.jpg

Cheers Nightowl for wiring up the plugs and lights.

Well my shed arrived on 29th and I finally got time this weekend to make up some workbenches and move my stuff in Saturday.. luckily the cars get to stay in the large cupboard in the house so I only have my tools and spares in the shed. Its cosy but enough room for what I need, never thought I would be happy to have my own shed :huh:

img280_29052009090422_3.jpg

img280_29052009090422_4.jpg

img280_29052009090422_5.jpg

view could be better feel a bit like a prisoner looking out of the windows.

img280_29052009090422_6.jpg

very nice,just a kettle and fridge missing :lol:

Have the following questions:

1) Is Rover a good guard dog and will bite?

2) Do you live in a neighborhood watch program?

3) Is the shed wired for alarm?

4) do you have a crow bar or rock near the shed?

5) will you soon move the large cupboard into the shed?

if your reply is no to the 1st three questions and yes to the 4th & 5th...final question, what is your home address? :lol:

Every man must have a shed. A shed is a marriage saver. Think about it guys, look around your house and try and find a room you can honestly call yours. Withe my first wife our first house had a 3 car garage, heaps of room for all my toys. We upgraded houses to a more expensive neighbourhood to a house with no garage :huh: . Well lets just say she,s still in that house and I'm not.

I now have a new partner and a house with a 2 car garage. Heaps of room for my motorbike, moutainbikes and RC cars, oh and the beer fridge. My own little oasis. And we have a very happy relationship.

Have the following questions:

1) Is Rover a good guard dog and will bite?

2) Do you live in a neighborhood watch program?

3) Is the shed wired for alarm?

4) do you have a crow bar or rock near the shed?

5) will you soon move the large cupboard into the shed?

if your reply is no to the 1st three questions and yes to the 4th & 5th...final question, what is your home address? :huh:

1) Roxy doesnt bite (barks a lot) but Dave (the cat) is psychotic and will do more damage than dog.

2) yes

3) Yes

4) No

5) Its already in, and no one is carrying that thing we nearly put our backs out putting it in.

Very nice shed BiggusDitchus, so impressed i took the plunge and started knocking the stud wall down that divides the front and back attic. Will post pictures when i have finished. Was a little out on my previous measurements new hobby room will be 19ft long and 30ft wide, should have seen girlfriends face when she saw what i was doing "I thought you were going to wait till..........." but taking her for a drink soon calmed her down. Hmmm wonder if she would mind if i didn't put a handrail up and just put a couple of ramps either side of the stairs.

my shed is a quite a few years old now and the work surface is not level. anything round like screws rolls off onto the floor hehe. I was holding my shell and my craft knife rolled down and I just pulled my foot back in time for it to thud into the woodwork like an arrow. :rolleyes:

That shed looks well kitted out - you're a braver man than me! Even my garage is secured like a fortress lol!

I keep my RC stuff in a little set of drawers at the back of my garage, where we also work on the 1:1 rally car so unless I'm working on them the RC cars stay hidden away...

jhrakadja2Medium.jpg

That shed looks well kitted out - you're a braver man than me! Even my garage is secured like a fortress lol!

I dont keep anything of real value in it, all the cars for instance are in the house.