larbut

58100 Top Force Vs. Reissue Top Force

I have been searching the forums but can not see this has been covered before:

What are the changes from the original Top Force (58100) to the reissue one?

-Lars

I am to assume that this means you are starting number 100, in the series of 100 and are nearly finished?

Paul.

He, he, no... I still have 19 to go to get the first 100, and then I have to restore them all :-)

The Top Force question is just "preparing" if the oportunityu should arise.

I saw a re-re Top Force on ebay disguised as an original, (inner box layout gave him away) but the outside of the box looked to me like the original.

Then the question is: Are there differences to the parts in the kit?

The kit boxes look the same from the outside, but the insides are boxed differently. I too saw the re issue one, which I guess because the number 100 is on the outside he can sort of get away with.

Inside I believe they are the same parts, but I haven't checked this personally. There are, for example with the Hotshot and Grasshopper, known differences between the re issues and the originals, but I think these are much closer.

Anyone know better?

Please help us out!

Thanks

Paul.

Well, rumors go that the re-re's often use cheaper materials than the original releases - I think this theory wants to point especially at the quality of high performance or fancy material parts, such as for example FRP chassis plates. Although I've seen people mention this, I never heard of this affecting the quality in performance or reliability - maybe the materials became more convenient and therefor cheaper? (I believe FRP, titanium screws, bearings and such parts were still pretty expensive in the early '90s)? ;)

As for differences in construction - should there be any? The gearboxes were still in production at the time of the re-release, proving they are reliable enough and don't need revision, and why would they change other parts? I don't think the Top-Force chassis had such big flaws in it's day :lol:

Maybe some parts have different stamps and as mentioned the box and inside are different, otherwise I can't recall any differences.

Only different stamp I found is the one on the bodyset. That says Top Force 2009

When was the top force re-released? looks like I missed that one lol, then only got back into rc properly recently!

I used to drool over the top force and the Egress mmmm has there been a re-release egress to?

Thanks

Lee. :huh:

When was the top force re-released? looks like I missed that one lol, then only got back into rc properly recently!

I used to drool over the top force and the Egress mmmm has there been a re-release egress to?

Thanks

Lee. :huh:

Indeed, it shouldn't be 2009... I think the re-re was between 2002 and 2006, not sure about the exact year though.

It was 2005, item number 58362. Other famous reissues of the time was The Frog and Manta Ray.

-Lars