dwayne

A Book On Tamiya History

I was thinking earlier today and was wondering ,why has Tamiya never published a book on the history of the company and the vehicles? 60+ years and I have never seen any kind of paper documentation. I would love to see this happen in a full color hardback book. I think allot of people in the R/c hobby would be interested in learning the history of possibly the best R/C company to date. What do you guys think? A DVD set would be cool also featuring all of their old commercials.

Good find!! I'll probably buy one, only thing is the book is only based on Tamiya plastic models, not R/C :(

The book is excellent and it has the history behind the first couple of RC Models by Tamiya. But that chapter is near the end !

The section on RC is short, but its pretty good. Tamiya is after all a plastic model company, and the history really gives you a sense of what the company is all about and how it has evolved. I think you would find it very interesting, and it comes from the man himself, so you know its good stuff.

Highly recommended.

Afew years back I wrote a short essay on the history of Tamiya. If I can find it I will scan it and put it up. Please bear in mind that my grammer was quite poor and it is quite brief, only 1 page long but should make interesting reading.

regards

dazaa

Good find!! I'll probably buy one, only thing is the book is only based on Tamiya plastic models, not R/C :(

you'll be wanting this then...

gak04593box.jpg

Pic? not working here Willy,just getting the red x of doom :(

Pic fixed.

Good find!! I'll probably buy one, only thing is the book is only based on Tamiya plastic models, not R/C :blink:

The book is based on Tamiya, the company. R/c just gets a small section as r/c is a small section of the main plastic model company.

Pic fixed.

The book is based on Tamiya, the company. R/c just gets a small section as r/c is a small section of the main plastic model company.

Pic still not working for me I get the red X

yea only in Japanese for the Japan market - but we buy it only for the pix, right? :D

believe only the 1st edition which came out time of the 30th Anniversary had every Tamiya car listed

later editions showed that year's releases but not every previous one

they also do Tuning Special editions on certain models eg TA03, i think the latest is a TA05/TB03 issue

Tamiya did a 25 Year Perfect Album (1974-2001) as well as a 30 Year Perfect Album (1974-2006).

Rad22rad's 25 Year

Mark DRC2's 30 Year

Both are written in Japanese as they were only made for the Japanese market.

If you only want the pictures they are great as they have pictures of all the models released up to the time of publication (including trucks, tanks, planes and boats).

I have the 30 year perfect album and am trying to convince my other half to translate it for me, let's just say that it is not going well :(

they have dimensions of all the cars as well as all parts numbers too...

... and of course they're sold out everywhere in the world ;)

Paul