harleybrat

Toyota 4x4 Hilux Pinion

Hi

I´ve got a Toyota hilux and a Blazing Blazer

Both are missing their motors and of course pinions.

How many teeth is it on the original pinion?

These cars haven´t been run for the last twenty years and it would be nice to get them running.

Bit of a dodgy area is the pinion. They are a 10t pressed on brass pinion that as far as I know ,are not shared with any other model.

I did have black and decker's first attempt at a hammer drill (circa 1986) which used an identical pinion but in steel.

So I guess its the bay

there must be an aftermarket, since I have an aftermarket pinion + spur

Keep your eyes open for one of these, I've seen a couple at car boots

(terrible drill BTW)

The way Tamiya are going give it a couple of months and there will be a re-re. :(

Seriously about a year ago someone said the 11t Grasshopper pinion would fit. It won't! I know its not a positive answer but if it gets posted don't waste your time. or money finding out it wont fit.

It has to be a 10t and the Pitch has to be 32.

and if you can find one buy me one too!

And the Blackfoot one is the wrong pitch before anyone mentions it.

i can't find one for love nor money.

neil

I am assuming that when you say 32 its 32dp - because the Blackfoots,Grasshoppers and the like are 32 dp

Ive not had a 3 speed in many years lol

But a 32dp 10 tooth is quite easy to come by - I use them quite a bit on my Mardave Oval cars, the ones I use are made by RW Racing and I have pinions from 6 tooth all the way up to 24, and Ive never really had a problem getting them - are they a bizzare length or anything?

What about this?

Pinion10T1.jpg

'Quote'

10-Tooth Pinion Gear, Single

SKU: Pinion10T1

To compliment our Scorpion HK series Helicopter motors, we are now offering Pinion Gears in the popular Mod .5 size that are used with most 400, 450 and 480 class electric helicopters. These pinions are designed to fit any motor with a 3.175mm shaft (1/8 inch), and come with an allen key set screw. This package includes one 10-Tooth pinion gear and one set screw. Innov8tive Designs

What about this?

Pinion10T1.jpg

'Quote'

10-Tooth Pinion Gear, Single

SKU: Pinion10T1

To compliment our Scorpion HK series Helicopter motors, we are now offering Pinion Gears in the popular Mod .5 size that are used with most 400, 450 and 480 class electric helicopters. These pinions are designed to fit any motor with a 3.175mm shaft (1/8 inch), and come with an allen key set screw. This package includes one 10-Tooth pinion gear and one set screw. Innov8tive Designs

Thanks!

Any idea where to find this pinion?

Sorry, that pinion won't work.

Hilux and Blazer have special pinions, if you watch them they have larger teeth than normal gears, teeth are more opened.

Spur gear is 0,5 module, it works with a lot of Tamiya pinions like TA01/02 FWD, Sand Scorcher, F1 etc etc.

If you want to change it, you must find a 11T 0.5 module pinion.

I'm not wrong, 11T 0.5m pinion, they are not so easy to find.

TA01/02/FWD pinions are 0.6mm module, not 0.5mm.

If Dready is right, this 11T 32dp steel from RC4WDStore will fit. Odd that they make 6T,7T,8T,9T,11T and 12T in a 32dp, but skip the 10T (32dp ~ 0.8mm module).

Smallest pinions in a 0.5mm from Tamiya I know are the 18T/19T pack for a few of the vintage 2WD buggys or DF03.

They are hard to find indeed

When I needed one I ended up buying a whole trans assembly, saving motor with pinion and the spur (for spare) then e-baying the rest. Ended up breaking even.

Hey, Harleybrat

I haven't had any pinions for your project, but have you checked eBay lately? I have found at least three people selling motors with the pinions attached for the 1st generation of the Tamiya Toyota Hilux 4x4.

BTW, I have the shock sets with supports for those models, but I'm after the ones for the Bruiser in exchange.

Have a good Sunday!

EB

--

I found one on the bay but £25.00 for a manky old motor and pinion i dont think so.

I found one on the bay but £25.00 for a manky old motor and pinion i dont think so.

Well, after all, it's for a US$1000 model truck!

Of course I understand what you mean, Neil. Myself, I need $100 for the dang set of shocks and supports for the Bruiser :-(

Well, after all, it's for a US$1000 model truck!

Of course I understand what you mean, Neil. Myself, I need $100 for the dang set of shocks and supports for the Bruiser :-(

I feel your Pain, Its the only part bar the interior that i need to complete my Hilux.

IMG_1572.jpg

Yeah that´s right too expensive for old junk!

Even if the trucks themselves are worth $$$ i´m not into buying an old rusty motor for loads of cash.

I just want two pinions