upinsmoke999

New Northampton Off-road Track - Free Weekend

Hope this is ok for me to post this info here.

Me and a friend used a field to run our trucks etc where we created our own racetrack using bits and peices of pipes to form the track. A few other drivers started joining us regularly and now, several months later, after some serious effort fitting a few hundred meters of black and white fixed track edging, soil jumps and banks, dips and curves along with marshall zones and a rostram comming this week, we have a formal racetrack and seperate bash area.

Not sure yet if we are to make it a regular racetrack so we have a free open weekend this week (6th and 7th June) where we have invited many drivers down to test the track and give us feedback on if it's worth opening to the public.

Totally new venture for us but what we have created does look cool and I'm quietly confident buggy, truggy and truck drivers will ove it.

If we do open it, I will ask Tamiya for some banners etc so I can promote the name all round the track.

If you would like to join us, Sunday looks like it's already busy with lots of 1/8th Buggy's and Truggy's already confirmed from our facebook group Northampton Off-Road RC (Sixfields) but Saturday only has about 10+ confirmed drivers at the moment. We know more will turn up because we already have random visitors each Saturday and Sunday of which some do not use the internet to find such places plus I'm spreading the word as much as I can online.

Here's a couple of teaser pics from a week or so ago. We have lots to do with regards to setting up the orange barrier netting etc so if anyone wants to arrive early Saturday (before 8am) to help then we would really appreciate it. Racing/Use starts after 10am so you could get some track time in before everyone arrives/registers :(

Sixfields-1.jpg

Sixfields-2sml.jpg

Peace

Nik

Good effort mate!

I was at Sixfields today stuffing my face at Buddies, how come I've never heard of this?!

Not sure if I'm working this w/end but will try to come along.

Cool! Stange i've not heard of this either??..... maybe you guys could get together with the Silverstone lot & re-start the 'Schumacher Challenge' ;)

Judging by the pictures - your track certainly looks good enough to hold meetings.... so long as you have the basic facilities of decent sized pit & parking area & some loos :P

If you do decide that you want to run race meetings - you may want to affiliate your club/track with the BRCA - it means that racers will also have to be members too - but you will then be covered for liabilty.

Thats the problem with these things isn't it, I don't know where you'll stand with insurance.

My brother and I had the same problem years ago when we were both heavily into dirt jumping on bikes. We, and some mates, built a terrific course but it was impossible to open it to the public simply because of liability and insurance issues. No idea if the same will apply to something like this but the "powers that be" make it very hard to get these thiings up and running.

Good effort mate!

I was at Sixfields today stuffing my face at Buddies, how come I've never heard of this?!

Not sure if I'm working this w/end but will try to come along.

Many Thanks :)

The tree's and bushes on the A45 Upton Way next to the track block your view but we should see it from the road in winter.

Havn't done any local advertising or name boards for it yet but if you drive from Denes Camp Way roundabout, up towards Sixfields football stadium, it's on the right, directly off a roundabout. The gates have a yellow sign on for: 'Duston Mill Car Boot Sale' which is held in the field on the left as you enter. We are further down on the right.

Once the Rostram is fully built (hopefully by this weekend) you will definately see that from the A45 Upton Way.

Hope to see you there sometime.

Cool! Stange i've not heard of this either??..... maybe you guys could get together with the Silverstone lot & re-start the 'Schumacher Challenge' :)

Judging by the pictures - your track certainly looks good enough to hold meetings.... so long as you have the basic facilities of decent sized pit & parking area & some loos ;)

If you do decide that you want to run race meetings - you may want to affiliate your club/track with the BRCA - it means that racers will also have to be members too - but you will then be covered for liabilty.

We will have our own fence/gate banner/board soon but untill now, we have only mentioned it on our facebook group and rc-racing website.

Thought about Silverstone but a little too far from town. Seems all too official to me but, if we can work something out later then I'm right up for it :).

I have the BRCA Club Affiliation forms but waiting for this weekends feedback to determine if it's worth it. Looking at the weather report for this weekend, not sure if we will be able to race or not. Need to prey the sun stays out!

We just struck a deal with a local scaffolding company for our new Rostram. Will be fully erected by 10am tomorrow (Friday 5th) with stairs, 9ft platform height, railings and potentially a roof ! (We will have to cover the roof ourselves as the scaff alone has broke both our banks.

It's being done professionally so we have the certificates and supplier liability cover to-boot.

Will take a long time to get our money back but at least it's there and permanent.

Enjoy !