Sign in to follow this  
_4-0_

Jumping Lunchbox's

I know this question pops up every now and again.. There's a sequence of pics of a lunchbox jumping and landing with the wheels are being pushed into the body. I think it was taken at Snetterton back in 04 or 05.

Anyone know whos showroom it's in?

Thanks.

me likey :P but how do the studs that hold the shocks hold up to that kind of abuse?when i tried jumping my pumpkin off our top lawn to the bottom lawn it seemed to land butt first and the chassis cracked where the stud screws in.has anyone else had this and how do you strengthen them

me likey :P but how do the studs that hold the shocks hold up to that kind of abuse?when i tried jumping my pumpkin off our top lawn to the bottom lawn it seemed to land butt first and the chassis cracked where the stud screws in.has anyone else had this and how do you strengthen them

I have broken both my bottom shock mounts on my pumpkin but that was hitting something solid at full speed, not from jumping, usually jumps just break the body mounts if it rolls over, I am now running it topless untill I sort out some stronger body mounts,

My smashing pumpkins thread

That's the one!! Thanks Twinset... *rubs your belly* :P

Never seen a lunchbox in person but they look like they can take some abuse :P

Just built a VLB, and the more lunacy I see of it, the more I can't wait to run it.

Brilliant stuff!

:D Stop it now.. Or I'm going to have to go and buy me a Lunchbox :(

Those things are just too cool!

Every time I look on this forum or the club website, I think about all the other cars I want to own; then I see a thread like this or take out my Lunchbox and am glad that I own it!

Richard

:D Stop it now.. Or I'm going to have to go and buy me a Lunchbox :(

Those things are just too cool!

So go and buy one :D

£50 for the raw kit (without ESC) from timetunnel at the moment.. rude not to at that price!

..also; what are the chrome wheels those Lunchboxes are running?

Thanks

Richard

probably pumpkin chrome wheels,or wild willy 2.

Just make sure you have decent shocks. I've broken my Ansmann chrome oil filled ones three times in last two outings whilst giving it the Air Jordan (2 x broken lower ball joint and 1 x lord knows but it threw damper fluid everywhere and doesn't have much damp left in it) so she's sitting up in a hospital bed at mo waiting for the doc to prescribe some CVA's.

But yes, these are brill for tearing around. 23T is about silly enough for me.

Top photos below too.