Sign in to follow this  
m0nk666

Doh Doh Doh !

Hey Guys,

Been a bit of a dumbass here. I was browsing through ebay and I came across this . Brushless Motor . Now being quite new to the scene and telling myself I dont want to get into ludicrous speeds, I forgot myself.. and promptly purchased it. I figured a few months down the road, I could look at some new project with it. The kicker however is that it is for a 1:18 scale vehicle.. which I only realised AFTER paying for it .. ( yep I know .. should have read through the whole thing, in detail) .. I promptly emailed the person explaining that I was after a 1:10 scale setup for a buggy or truck and if this wasnt suitable, could they point me in the right direction and I'll pay the difference. 4 hours later, I receive my dispatch notice .. so either they couldnt be bothered or figured it was my tough luck.

Are there any 1:18 vehicles out there ( I know they exist) that work well with this setup ? Any recommendations ?? Bearing in mind, my noobness here... Can this be modified to work in a 1:10 scale buggy ?

Your opinions are appreciated :P

Regards

m0nk

an X-ray will take it nicely. I've seen it in the past with brushless... point and shoot :P

even the micro RS4 will take it good as well.

Thanks IrenL .. I am more the offroady type of person though, so any offroaders that would suit ?

Oooops,never mind,i would seriously recomend buying a current Tamtech gear model[not the old vintage much smaller Tamtech]

One of the GB-01 or GT-01 chassis models,they are 1/16 or 1/12,this system will work great and power to weight makes them superb performers and much cheaper than 1/10 systems.

The smaller scale models have much better power to weight performance for the money.

Your mistake might work out very well indeed,turn it from a negative to a posative.

For non Tamiya cars,the RC 18 and Losi Mini T go very well with these motors too,have a look into the micro scene.

Coolio .. looks like thats the way to go then :( Thanks for the advice.

With so much writing on the listing it took me awhile to spot "for 1/18 car", it could have been clearer.

I'm sure you're not the first person to buy the wrong thing on Ebay

Nige :(

get yourself a GB01, tons of fun :(

Another vote for a GB-01. T

hey are giving them away here in the states - I've bought a Wild Boar for $60, and four buggies for $50 each. Nothing has broken on any of them, but I've worn out some tires though.

A 1/18 brushless would be great in one of these little guys!

Another vote for a GB-01. T

hey are giving them away here in the states - I've bought a Wild Boar for $60, and four buggies for $50 each. Nothing has broken on any of them, but I've worn out some tires though.

A 1/18 brushless would be great in one of these little guys!

Sounds great .. if I could find them for as cheap as you are getting them in the US . Here in the UK.. prices seem to be between £130 - £140 for a Tamtech RTR model. ( About $200 - $220 ) I cant find any KITS to build so I assume all are RTR's

Unless someone knows some where else in the uk which is doing them at that price ?? In which case .. linkage please :(

Regards

m0nk

PS: I need to get past the WAF as well ( Wife Acceptance Factor) .. so trying to keep my costs down.

the TTG Buggy is available in a kit, that's the only non-RTR.

however you'll need micro servo to fit them so sometimes the RTR route can be cheaper

------------------

that seller doesn't seem to list any 25A or 35A EZRUN combos that you'll want for a 1/10

but these days the buyer is king... if you haven't paidup many buyers just ignore finalising their mistakes

what can the seller do? not much! they can't hit ya with a -ve feedback anymore... :(

You'd probably get away with this setup in a M03 mini if the screw holes line up.

I saw a setup recently with a 1:18 mamba ESC and a heli motor and the owner reckoned the current draw was about 10amps.

But a tamtech is a good shout also.