Sign in to follow this  
meridian

What Do You Figure My Manta Ray Is Worth?

I am seriously considering putting my re-re Manta Ray up on the auction block. I was just trying to get an idea of what it would be worth in US Dollars if I were to do so. I do not think the Manta Ray was all that popular?? I bought and built mine about 2 years ago. The only one listed on ebay is new and built in Australia with a starting bid of about 260 dollars - I certainly dont think that is practical for my used one even though it has full radio gear and is ready to go. Mine was used about 12 full battery packs or so and it is in very good condition with scratches and stuff you would normally expect.

I'd appreciate any "market" info or other suggestions you have. Here are a few pics:

img3075w.jpg

img3069.jpg

img3078j.jpg

Hi,

it`s worth what someone is prepared to pay,why not put it in the for sale section and see what you are offered,you can always say no and that will give you an idea.

BR

T

PS,

looking at it and seeing other stuff for sale i would say about £50 to £80 on a good day.

Don`t be shocked if your only offered £20 -£30

I'd say it's worth a bit more than 20-30 quid - but what I would do is buy a new chassis tub and give it a good clean. The tyres give a good indication of how much it's been used.

At the end of the day it's a bit of a lottery - the whole market seems to have dropped recently...

Put it this way - you're not sitting on a goldmine - but it's not worth peanuts.

I saw a mint on on Ebay for £80 and it never sold. I Offered the fella the £80 and he wanted to relist it. He did so at £50 and that never sold either....

i've just bought one in about the same condition for £45

i paid 15 quid for one in slightly better condition box art with all radio gear a few months back but should be 40ish

Thanks all for the comments. I do see there is one on eBay now in the States that ends in about 24 hrs that I am watching. I don't think I will replace the chassis - only because it would be 1/5 or maybe more of what the car is worth and I don't feel like taking the time either really, but it is a good suggestion.

Are there any restrictions on listing it in the sale forum as I'm just a basic member here and I dont know all the rules really. If anyone wants to make an offer to me feel free, lol. I guess I should just put it on the bay and be done with the hesitation and take what I get!