mikea96

Srb Ball Diff

Please add my name to the list, too.

I've always wanted a Thorp diff for my Super Champ, but was too young at the time and never had the $$$ to afford one.

The Bay has had a few Thorps recently for a pretty penny - still way out of my league. And the other guy on the Bay wants just as much for his custom made diffs, too.

RA1028, thank you for making these diffs and for making them more affordable!

Would you add me to the list for a ball diff too. Just ordered my Buggy Champ so cant wait. Just loving the energy this new re-re has injected into the hobby looking forward to all the new hop-ups that are sure to come. Would be interested in the alloy wheels also.

I would definitely be interested as well if they are in fact $50. But a stupid question if I may: How much does a ball diff improve performance on a 2wd car?

How much does a ball diff improve performance on a 2wd car?

It's not about the fact it's 2wd, it's about the fact it has no diff as standard, just a solid axle effectively.

This means it has the turning circle of the Amoco Cadiz*

The ball diff is very simple to make & will allow the car turn turn much better, especially at low speeds & vastly reduce it's tendency to spin out under power.

*: For those not old enough to remember, the Amoco Cadiz was an oil supertanker that ran aground off Brittany.

wow........! I want one also please. that was a great pic of WIP.

I'm hoping it'll be reasonably priced :)

Price will be unreasonably cheap. :)

Add me to the list. My Sand Scorcher has the turning circle of the afore mentioned oil tanker.

Hmnnn an Oil tanker you say, what hopups did you buy to make it so responsive :lol::lol::lol:

Hmnnn an Oil tanker you say, what hopups did you buy to make it so responsive :lol::lol::lol:

:P

Its tarmac that makes things "interesting"...

You'll get a fairly predictable under steer as you start turning but then an unpredictable over steer as the rear tyres spin up and loose grip. Just what you'd expect running on road with a car that has narrow front tyres and no diff, on sand tyres that have no grip ;)

I was running my scorcher on concrete the other week. It's funny to see the car turning and then loosing grip at either end. I don't push it too hard as rolling it over would seriously annoy me! :P

ive ordered mine from the man from ebay . when i get it ill give a update of the quality etc. just havent got the srb to put it in yet ......... DOH !!!

ive ordered mine from the man from ebay . when i get it ill give a update of the quality etc. just havent got the srb to put it in yet ......... DOH !!!

....'ya mean, pargu2000?

Please put my name down for 1....i have just got back from taking one of my srb's out for a spin ;) its the first time driving one of these and when i say took it for a spin i really mean spin...

All my SRB's are shelfers but i did make a custom runner and after this a Diff is a must..

Cheers

Darren

....'ya mean, pargu2000?

yes mate . its the same ball diff i had years ago. never had a problem with it . why do you know something i dont ???

yes mate . its the same ball diff i had years ago. never had a problem with it . why do you know something i dont ???

;)