mikea96

Srb Ball Diff

I need a few srb diff's as well. I almost ordered one of pargu's the other day. But i noticed he has a couple of not so good feedbacks on them. Keep us informed as to new options. I dont really want to shell out another 200 bucks for a vintage thorp. You no what really sucks. I have three sweet srbs and a super champ and i have never driven one. Guess i better order up a buggy champ for that.

127 replies and 5,692 views!!!

I'll guess you'll gonna dry up pritty fast when you release them!!!

As long I get mine (three I hope) I'm happy!!!

Badboy

I am working on one too. It will be a replica of the Thorp diff with original manual and packing. One change made is the screws will be in metric. Price will be around US$50 each. And it will be available in July. Also coming soon is the alloy wheel cover set. Price will be about US$40 a set

^^^ From five months ago - you guys sure are patient, I could build a house in that time!

Are you sure RA1028 isn't yanking your chain?

Hi, not sure if the question is directed at me :-)

However, Buggy Champ wheels in chrome are being made now. This isn't 'pie in the sky' as I have done gold, chrome and other plated wheels before, they will be available for Christmas (hopefully even sooner!)

Scorcher wheels will also be available by then, as well as a new batch of Gold Hotshot wheels. Some one offs and specials will also be in this batch. Unlike last time when I pre sold a lot of items, these will be sold once I have stock.

Price for Tamiyaclub.com members will be significantly discounted. Chrome will be on ALL parts (the entire trees, so 12 parts in all) and front and back. Screws and tyres etc will be your problem!)

Keep well!

Paul.

Nope, it was directed at all these members waiting for RA1028's diff - I didn't even know you were offering a diff Paul.

Wheels sound good though - for those that don't want solid alloy or alloy covers.

Do you got more sets BC-wheels in chrome?

Badboy

I was responding to this :-)

Keep well,

P.

^^^ From five months ago - you guys sure are patient, I could build a house in that time!

Why you have to be so negetive in a friendly forum?

I was responding to this :-)

Keep well,

P.

I think Badboy was asking me.

Sorry for the late reply. Silver wheel covers will be available again with the diff together.

I think Badboy was asking me.

Sorry for the late reply. Silver wheel covers will be available again with the diff together.

Okydoky!!!

Badboy

Thanks for the chastisement but it wasn't a negative comment aimed at you RA1028, it certainly wasn't meant to be taken personally by yourself. Surely the "yanking your chain" comment should've indicated to you that there was no maliciousness on my part and that it was said partly tongue in cheek and partly in jest.

In fact, I am struggling to see where the negative connotation is in my comment, it seems fairly accurate to me. It has been five months since you made that post, five months of waiting does indeed require some degree of partience, I could build a house in five months (I have a small background in building and engineering, so with the materials in place it could be done) and the yanking your chain comment is a jovial comment about whether something is for real or not. Perhaps you have misunderstood the last bit and I thought I was accusing you of actually physically pulling some chains around.

However, seeing as you're being so grumpy about it (and on such a friendly forum too - shame) perhaps you'd like to give your followers an update on how much longer your Thorpe clone diffs are going to take to be made?

I don't want one myself but there are plenty of people here who are waiting and, in my opinion, five months is a long, a very very long time, to procur manufacture.

Eager as I am, I'm not want to ruch RA1028!

As he shown us pics of the parts I'm shure his NOT pulling leggs or something.

If it'll take one more mounth, okay by me!

I want it to work, as the thorp didn't...

So RA1028 don't ruch more the necessary, do them good and do them working ;)

I don't want one myself but there are plenty of people here who are waiting and, in my opinion, five months is a long, a very very long time, to procur manufacture.

Olli, I didn't see any neg in your post BUT, to "complain" about the time is not a so nice thing to do.

Especially as you're not waiting for the perticular part in mind (as you posted) ;)

The rest of us nutheads are willing to wait the extra minutes or what for a working diff! :blink:

Why isn't the Thorp working?

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp...006032637_3.jpg

(Pic from Live Steem Mad)

As you can see there wont be any room for the screw on the UJ to clear the gearcover (plastic)

So RA1028 is working to solve it!!!

Thanks RA1028!!! (I'm not shure to reveal this...)

Cheers.

Badboy

For clarity, in answer to the question, I will be plating chrome on original plastic Tamiya wheel sets.

I understand a few people will be buying alloy wheel covers as well, but this is a slightly different thing. In any event, I will be providing full wheel sets in alloy and also the chrome plated plastic wheels very soon. The chrome plated plastic in a couple of weeks and the full alloy wheels by the end of the year. I understand a few people also offer the alloy wheels, so there will be a choice.

Keep well all :-)

Paul.

PS : Put me down for a couple of diffs! I was in the prototype stage for these too, but decided to call it off about 6 months ago whilst other products came to the market. I hope they are all they promise to be! It isn't worth me making them if others have working designs.

For clarity, in answer to the question, I will be plating chrome on original plastic Tamiya wheel sets.

I understand a few people will be buying alloy wheel covers as well, but this is a slightly different thing. In any event, I will be providing full wheel sets in alloy and also the chrome plated plastic wheels very soon. The chrome plated plastic in a couple of weeks and the full alloy wheels by the end of the year. I understand a few people also offer the alloy wheels, so there will be a choice.

Keep well all :-)

Paul.

PS : Put me down for a couple of diffs! I was in the prototype stage for these too, but decided to call it off about 6 months ago whilst other products came to the market. I hope they are all they promise to be! It isn't worth me making them if others have working designs.

Depending on price I'll probably buy a couple of 'em!!! :blink:

How about some harden steel front sprints?

As original has been buckle and the front arms tilting inward...

Badboy

OK, I got maybie a stupid Question. Did tamiya ever make a diff for the srb's. I think that would make a great factory hop up part.

OK, I got maybie a stupid Question. Did tamiya ever make a diff for the srb's. I think that would make a great factory hop up part.

Nope! They didn't!

Badboy

There were a couple of aftermarket parts, Thorp (why do I want to put an e at the end of this word?) and I think Nodus (someone can challenge me here, but it was a asymettrical planetary type diff) both of which were for the SRBs and Super Champ. There were also diffs made for Kyosho and other Tamiya models, by Thorp.

Kind regards,

Paul.

RA1028 dont worry about it, just keep building :blink:

Houses are easy to build lets face it there are billions of them around where as Thorp clones now there's a rare jem worth waiting for.

Paul

I could too, but not out of pocket. that takes about 5 years. Ive done it twice.

Good news! All parts for the diff is ready. Will do a final testing and take some photos tomorrow. Price will be US$53 +US$3 for registered airmail. Please check my traderoom tomorrow. Sorry for all the waiting and thanks for all the support! B)

Good news! All parts for the diff is ready. Will do a final testing and take some photos tomorrow. Price will be US$53 +US$3 for registered airmail. Please check my traderoom tomorrow. Sorry for all the waiting and thanks for all the support! B)

woohooo :P

Excellent!

But I'm out of cash for now so I can't afford to buy one right away :blink:

Do you have a lot of them or am I going to miss out? Will you be doing a second run? (just in case I do miss out on this loot)

Excellent!

But I'm out of cash for now so I can't afford to buy one right away :blink:

Do you have a lot of them or am I going to miss out? Will you be doing a second run? (just in case I do miss out on this loot)

Should have enough to go around. Thanks