skinned

Predictions On The Next Re-re

out of these srb's  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what was the time frame between the re-re of frog,brat.....?

this could be the time frame between the buggy champ,sand scorcher/ford xlt/super champ re-re.if they decide to re-re these. im sure this was dicussed before.but,what are the serious chances of a re-re sand scorcher/ford xlt/super champ?

from the recent history of tamiya on there re-re's.i'd say chances are looking pretty good.

any other predictions on this? i think about this everyday now with the re-re of the rough rider/buggy champ..lol

im getting over excited i think.... :)

I can't believe Tamiya would be that stoopid to re-re the Sand Scorcher before the Super Champ or The Ranger

They would kill all trhee on the spot!!!

As everybody looks like they want the SS, nobody of them would buy the others if the SS was to be released!!!

I would guess The Super Champ is next in line!!!

Badboy

I can't believe Tamiya would be that stoopid to re-re the Sand Scorcher before the Super Champ or The Ranger

They would kill all trhee on the spot!!!

As everybody looks like they want the SS, nobody of them would buy the others if the SS was to be released!!!

I would guess The Super Champ is next in line!!!

Badboy

my thoughts exactly.....they(tamiya)should know everybody wants the SS...smart thing to do(moneywise) is re-re the xlt or SC...if they spread out the release dates enough..i might just buy them all.

Why restrict the voting options to just SRB's and the Super Champ - I think the next re-release will be something else, maybe the Fox or Hotshot 2.

Though I live in hope Tamiya re-release the Willy's Wheeler.

Nearly every re-re has been a coffee can car.. I think the original "Avante" is due for a come back (The MKII does not count). Either that or the "Astute"..

The Monster Beetle is a prime candidate for a re-release. Even though I love the car I do not think I would buy one.

I voted SS. That would be a dream!

Dimblum has a good argument. Why not do a Avante or better yet the Egress? Big T reps are obviously is a member of this site..

The next re-re is the Astute. :)

Then comes the good old Avante :D

-Lars

The Astute would be great as it is one of my favorite builds! Not to mention it still makes a good runner too. I would also love if the Wild One was released again.

The next re-re is the Astute. :)

Then comes the good old Avante :D

-Lars

If they were to re-release the Astute, they just have to re-release the the TTC Drivetrain as well, and therefor also the Super Astute! I think there's more potential for a third release of the Dyna Storm, but the Astute and or Super Astute (I prefer the Super Astute, looks better and has the TTC Drivetrain with the kit?) :D

Anyway, I did vote for the Scorcher because I would prefer the Scorcher out of the four SRB type cars. They may indeed kill the market for the SC or Ford Ranger though.

If they were to re-release the Astute, they just have to re-release the the TTC Drivetrain as well, and therefor also the Super Astute! I think there's more potential for a third release of the Dyna Storm, but the Astute and or Super Astute (I prefer the Super Astute, looks better and has the TTC Drivetrain with the kit?) :)

Astute body on Dyna Storm chassis? Would that work? :D

I want the super beetle, why aren't the rereleasing it or one of the others? the only thing I could see keeping them from rereleasing the super beetle would be the body and VW throwing a big time fit

and the rough rider is what they just brought back at over $500

Astute body on Dyna Storm chassis? Would that work? :D

I think it won't work. The wheelbase looks longer to me, and the profile of both shells are completely different. Even if the Astute would fit, it wouldn't look right on the DS chassis I think, the Dyna Storm chassis is in perfect balance and harmony with the shape of the shell, so if you were to make it look like an Astute or Super Astute, take the decals to do that :D

Anyway, About a potential Dyna Storm third release. I think the market isn't ready for it just yet, but we could see a third release of it in a year, maybe 18 months. As for the next re-release (not the TT01 with before released shells like the Skylines), I think it will be a Holiday Buggy, Sand Rover or Fox.

Mr.Tamiya mentioned in an interview they wanted to compete more with other brands, and you can already see they did with the Rough Rider re-release, the F104, replacing the 15 year existing F103, Black Porsche 934 're-re', re-releasing bodyshells of nice cars (for example on the DF03RA) and keeping up the pace with new shell releases on the TT01 and TA05 (which has now a ver.II as well). So if you look at this point of view, they will want to come out with more releases that will strike R/C enthusiasts around the world, and the Fox, Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover do seem like they were a success back in it's day (although the last two may have been more for the American market?)

the voting poll is correct?

could this be legit?

i was watching the buggy champ video on youtube and read the comments and was like what!

sand scorcher is for release fall 2009?

ytbcssinf.jpg

the voting poll is correct?

could this be legit?

i was watching the buggy champ video on youtube and read the comments and was like what!

sand scorcher is for release fall 2009?

Anybody can write that, and "TamiyaCorp" is not the official Tamiya profile on Youtube.

-Lars

Click on the dudes name (TamiyaCorp) and you'll see he has only posted once there, no vids upploaded at all!!!

Just a guy with nothing funny to do like drive RC's...

Badboy

Can I vote for all three? being rereleased :(, just tryin' to keep my hopes up...lol

Can I vote for all three? being rereleased ;), just tryin' to keep my hopes up...lol

careful what you wish for($)......with the way things are being re-re'ed.

as much as i want a sand scorcher i don't think i'd drop $300 usd on one.

as much as i want a sand scorcher i don't think i'd drop $300 usd on one.

Your right Id buy 2-3 for that price ;)

well a few moths ago i would have, but we just had a baby and my wife would murder me if i did. lol

i dont know if i can take the stress of another find out(here it comes) and wait(pre-order)re-re on another one of these SRB's...although it was well worth it on the BC :lol: ...the waiting til it shows up on your doorstep is like pulling teeth...what's going to be next?super champ?

Any of these 3 cars is a strong possibility. But, I have a strong feeling it will be the Avante or Astute that will be re-released next. They are the only ones left in the 1/60 scale buggy series. Naturally, we can't rule out "The Wild One" & "FAV", since they are popular, mostly plastic, & production is easy & cheaper.