skinned

Predictions On The Next Re-re

out of these srb's  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally I don't think there will be a market for a re-release of all the SRB's at this time. It seems like the SS will be the ultimate re-release, so I think it will end there for now. I dont' know why, but my 6th sense is telling me that there will be an Avante re-re instead:-) By looking at the attached photo you'll see why I say so. Note that there's no SS there, so maybe we'll all be dissapointed in the end by no SS re-re at all? Of course I hope my 6th sense is "far out" and not telling the truth this time ... :-)))

I was unable to attach the photo for some strange reason, but I reffered to the Tamiya Mini Buggy Collection photo. The hornet, The Grasshopper, The Frog, Buggy Champ and Avante.

I was unable to attach the photo for some strange reason, but I reffered to the Tamiya Mini Buggy Collection photo. The hornet, The Grasshopper, The Frog, Buggy Champ and Avante.

Yes, those are the 1/60 scale models I was referring to.

Any of these 3 cars is a strong possibility. But, I have a strong feeling it will be the Avante or Astute that will be re-released next. They are the only ones left in the 1/60 scale buggy series. Naturally, we can't rule out "The Wild One" & "FAV", since they are popular, mostly plastic, & production is easy & cheaper.

i really doubt they will ever re-re the FAV....but,who knows...

i think it's possible they could re-re the SS without a 1/60 scale....

I believe the next re re will be another SRB perhaps a SS ,Ford XLT Ranger.Maybe a Super champ (Though that is not a SRB) I believe this as they just re re the Rough Rider (Buggy Champ) they can use that same platform for the SS,XLT,and parts for the Super Champ why tool up to make one type of car/buggy when they can get real value for their money and make the others I would put my money on another SRB or Super Champ.

I believe Tamiya is aware, by the interest cars like the Sand Scorcher still produce in collectors, that the famous SS VW could be the next re-release. In the past, they have re-released the legendary ORV chassis examples like The Frog and the Brat, but not the Lancia Rally, so I have a feeling the F-150 will not be released again. It's going to be great to have the chance to buy factory finished SS bodies next Christmas! :lol:

[in the past, they have re-released the legendary ORV chassis examples like The Frog and the Brat, but not the Lancia Rally, It's going to be great to have the chance to buy factory finished SS bodies next Christmas!

But the again why didn't Tamiya re-re the Monster Beetle?

Of course I hope like everybody for the return of the Sand Scorcher...

Badboy

I believe Tamiya is aware, by the interest cars like the Sand Scorcher still produce in collectors, that the famous SS VW could be the next re-release. In the past, they have re-released the legendary ORV chassis examples like The Frog and the Brat, but not the Lancia Rally, so I have a feeling the F-150 will not be released again. It's going to be great to have the chance to buy factory finished SS bodies next Christmas! :lol:

Lancia 037 has already been re-released 6-7yrs ago... on a TA03 chassis ;)

you'd think they've have done a Monster Beetle or Blackfoot already by now

otoh... there's mixed feedback from retailers re Buggy Champ, not all are keen on stocking it

yes its probably "high demand" right now, but give it a few months all the collectors will have bought their fill.

The kit is not gunna appeal to newcomers to the hobby (kiddies & noobies) and premium priced;

plus if major retailers stocked it they'll be demanding 7y's supply of spareparts.

Lancia 037 has already been re-released 6-7yrs ago... on a TA03 chassis :lol:

you'd think they've have done a Monster Beetle or Blackfoot already by now

otoh... there's mixed feedback from retailers re Buggy Champ, not all are keen on stocking it

yes its probably "high demand" right now, but give it a few months all the collectors will have bought their fill.

The kit is not gunna appeal to newcomers to the hobby (kiddies & noobies) and premium priced;

plus if major retailers stocked it they'll be demanding 7y's supply of spareparts.

I know my local Tamiya importer was told he had to buy min 50 kits or none, he is quite sure 50 selling locally is very unlikely so he has a problem. I can imagine it then it will be same everywhere then. Difficult!

i now think it might be the madcap next there were about 20 listed on ebay last week from nib, shelfers to used and abused, normally only about 2 in aweek... somebody knows something id buy a re-re madcap for sure. (my 1st real rc)

But the again why didn't Tamiya re-re the Monster Beetle?
The reasons why Tamiya has not re-released the 1986 truggys (the classic Black Foot and the Monster Beetle) are probably related to the weaknesses of the ORV chassis itself, when working with those huge 2.2 wheels. The gearbox and rear axle issues should be modified, and, also, you have to remember that the Black Foot Extreme is still out there so I don't see the BF or the MB being rereleased anytime now.

You have a great Sunday!

EB

--

The reasons why Tamiya has not re-released the 1986 truggys (the classic Black Foot and the Monster Beetle) are probably related to the weaknesses of the ORV chassis itself, when working with those huge 2.2 wheels. The gearbox and rear axle issues should be modified, and, also, you have to remember that the Black Foot Extreme is still out there so I don't see the BF or the MB being rereleased anytime now.

You have a great Sunday!

EB

--

That's the first time I see a serious answer to no re-re of MB!!!

Badboy

I think the Monster Beetle could be a possibility, maybe not the blackfoot as previous posts have said, there is already an 'extreme' out, (although in my eye's it's not a 'blackfoot' and I wouldn't purchase one personally).

If Tamiya were to re-release the MB, it's a bit of hit and miss whether they will upgrade the problematic parts, but at least you would be able to purchase them again. (I just noticed all four of the axle springs on my VLB and MP are broken ;) )

But I think you will see an Avante and the Sand Scorcher first, Tamiya aren't silly and I'm sure their marketing division will be researching what will sell and what wont. So I believe you can rest assured your posts will be having an effect on what's next :)

well I guess another approach, if the Monster Beetle were to return taking into account the drawbacks of the Frog chassis comined with big wheels would be to do it not exactly as a reisuue, but by mounting it on the Blackfoot extreme chassis. are those wanitng a "new" MB that bothered about the chassis I wonder?

A "modern" Monster Beetle based on the current blackfoot with oil shocks and maybe a couple of other hop-ups would arguably be true to the spirit of the original while being hopefuly less fragile.

Just an Idea, though I think it's unlikely.

Another idea I had, this time regarding the Sand scorcher, would be that if there was really not much confidence that the market could bear another full SRB release, would be to release the SS just as a body set (or body +wheels as a "conversion set" for the Buggy Champ) it would be bad for anyone who'd held off on the buggy champ in the hope that the sand scorcher would follow, but it might be a more viable release.

I do personally think we'll see the Avante at some point. that it was a flop is well documented, but it's iconic, and tamiya revisited it in the coffee can cars, and the Q-steers. they obviously think it's historically significant.

If the MB was re-re'd, however unlikely a prospect this is, I would buy one. It was the car that got me into the hobby and the car that got me back into it 20 years later. Building a toughened, modded re-re would just be the icing on the cake for me.

well I guess another approach, if the Monster Beetle were to return taking into account the drawbacks of the Frog chassis comined with big wheels would be to do it not exactly as a reisuue, but by mounting it on the Blackfoot extreme chassis. are those wanitng a "new" MB that bothered about the chassis I wonder?

A "modern" Monster Beetle based on the current blackfoot with oil shocks and maybe a couple of other hop-ups would arguably be true to the spirit of the original while being hopefuly less fragile.

Just an Idea, though I think it's unlikely.

Another idea I had, this time regarding the Sand scorcher, would be that if there was really not much confidence that the market could bear another full SRB release, would be to release the SS just as a body set (or body +wheels as a "conversion set" for the Buggy Champ) it would be bad for anyone who'd held off on the buggy champ in the hope that the sand scorcher would follow, but it might be a more viable release.

I do personally think we'll see the Avante at some point. that it was a flop is well documented, but it's iconic, and tamiya revisited it in the coffee can cars, and the Q-steers. they obviously think it's historically significant.

Yeah ss conversion body/wheel set for bc would be ideal for us that have an bc already! sell tons id imagine! I sure wont buy an ss now i have a bc will just wait for shell and what ever else

is needed to become avaliable!

I want a monster beetle for sure it was one of those cars i wanted when first saw a tamiya but by time i was able to get one for xmas at 13 i got latest thing at time a chevy s-10 truck based on

ta-02 and when you look now the short course truck is now the latest class! so tamiya did it first! when in all honesty i expect the mb would of been more my thing!!

Your right Id buy 2-3 for that price :)

That's right Swarm............... I will buy 3 of them, doens't make sense to buy just one. :)

i really screwed this thread up!!!

i tried to edit and it reset the poll and wont let people vote again....

im probably gonna shut this poll/thread down...

can this be fixed?

what do you think?

i just reset it...everybody please vote again..we were at 64 votes :lol:

I didn't buy a Buggy Champ - I'm holding out for a re-re Super Champ :lol:

i bought a BC and ill still buy a SS and SC....lol

I can't believe Tamiya would be that stoopid to re-re the Sand Scorcher before the Super Champ or The Ranger

They would kill all trhee on the spot!!!

As everybody looks like they want the SS, nobody of them would buy the others if the SS was to be released!!!

I would guess The Super Champ is next in line!!!

Badboy

An intelligent argument, and you have a point. I voted SS before I read your post and now I think you're right, it'll be SC, XLT then SS.

Before the global recession I would have thought SS would have bee first even before RR, but now that BC has been re-re'd, Tamiya will be putting far more emphasis on marketting strategy and thus they will want to get as much out of their investment in the re-re chassis as they can so BC and XLT will be next I think.

A win win situation for me since I adore all of them :lol:

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Also thinking about it some more, I noticed that e.g. at Kidderminster 2007 when I went to the TC meet, there were no SRB's with original bodies on, almost everyone was using later release shells (Blizter) or Polycarbonate "copies". Thus now that the RR has been re-re'd we will start to see ACTUAL real RR bodies on the tracks in Vintage buggy fun races, which pleases me greatly.

So although the re-re diluted some of the original release appeal, on the other hand we now actually get to see the models run without fear of too many damages as prices are much lower now for body sets compared to the originals.

And I still have the original vintage videos and magazines from early 1980's with the reviews and adverts for them so as far as I am concerned I adore the re-re's.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

what was the time frame between the re-re of frog,brat.....?

what re-re was released 1st? brat?

originally the brat was released 1st.