Sign in to follow this  
gmtgmtdk

New Engine For A Usa-1 Nitro

im looking for a good engine that can fit into my Kyosho USA-1 but i cant find one that fits

i have tryed with the Kyosho GX-21 that i had in my other USA-1 but it cant fit because because the rear bulk heads cant be moved back like on i think is newer models

it need to have pull start and be at least .21 size

Hi, USA1 Nitro crusher is from the early cars that uses a pull start engine. Since it is based on the Burns buggy chassis the available space to accommodate today's pull start engines is very limited. Very few engines fit and the one I remember now is discontinued which is the OS 21 RG-X but with some modification; follow this link and read the description:

http://www.philshobbyshop.com/tek9.asp?pg=...cific=jndqemhoo

why you limit yourself to pull start?

im looking for a good engine that can fit into my Kyosho USA-1 but i cant find one that fits

i have tryed with the Kyosho GX-21 that i had in my other USA-1 but it cant fit because because the rear bulk heads cant be moved back like on i think is newer models

it need to have pull start and be at least .21 size

Thanks INTEGRA FAN

what othere engines with out pullstart will be a good choise for it, i would like something that has a great amount of power, i have been thinking about these Ofna Jammin .28JPX, Ofna .28T Factory Team, O.S. 30VG

the reason i wanted a pullstart engine is because i think its much easyer if your going out to race some where you really only need you glow heater and your remote to drive

The OS would be fine, although I prefer the .21 (easier on your crown gears).

Do you have engine mounts? if your USA1 came with a standard pull start Kyosho engine then you need an engine mount to mount other engines.

Thanks INTEGRA FAN

what othere engines with out pullstart will be a good choise for it, i would like something that has a great amount of power, i have been thinking about these Ofna Jammin .28JPX, Ofna .28T Factory Team, O.S. 30VG

the reason i wanted a pullstart engine is because i think its much easyer if your going out to race some where you really only need you glow heater and your remote to drive

um, the early version of USA1 was without engine, but the kit did include an engine mount which looks like this:

bs25.jpg

you need it to mount any of today engines, it is part number BS25

see the manual here (page 12)

http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuels_page...her-kyosho.html

I don't know about the savage mount, but most probably it won't cause usually engine mounts are specific to the chassis

it didnt come with any engine but will a HPI savage mount fit?