Sign in to follow this  
gmtgmtdk

A Special Nikko Car Need Help Please

im looking for pictures of a special nikko car my father gave to me many years ago i really would like to see one again of even better if anyone have one of these they would like part ways with that would make my day

it was something like a BMW M1 with somekind of rocketboosters on the back kinda like the mad max falcon and had some kind of metal spikes on front, roof and back if it would roll over it wouldent damage the body and the antenna was mounted on a electric motor and was on the back of the chassie and could be actived by the remote control and it would turn around and it would flip the car over on the wheels if it rolled over. the battery was on the back of the body under the rocketboosters. it had spiked tires so it could offroad and the chassie was kinda special too it had a straight rail like the tamiya TL-01 and others, it was black with some red and yellow stripes of some kind i think

here is a drawing that i did from what i can remember of it in paint

3123123123.jpg

i would really apriciated it if someone can help me

Have a word with Hibernaculum he's a mine of info on the early nikko stuff

A bit late, but unfortunately I don't have much info that could help ID this one!

To me it doesn't sound like anything Nikko, Taiyo or any of the other larger toy R/C brands would have produced. There were some BMW M1 R/C toys in the early 80s (made by Matsushiro possibly), but they were standard scale models of real racing cars. This toy sounds like more of a novelty item, and I can only guess that it was made by an obscure asian (not necessarily Japanese) brand and wasn't widely known.

Although I could be wrong :(

cheers,

H.