BASSGURU

Rc Car To Spain

Hi all, has anyone ever took a car abroad with them? batts n Transmitter too, im just wondering what would happen through customs n stuff. Any advice would be welcome

Cheers

they would have no problem in checked in baggage - they might ask for you to take it out of hand luggage for a look, and if they decide it could be a potential weapon... you would probably be fine, though put it in your checked in stuff if have some

you taking the madcap on holiday trev? does the wife know?

I bought RC through my hand carry and they always look if the saddle battery pack is in with the RC. Once they see the car and radio, never an issue.

I took mine to the Gran Canaria as the go kart place had a RC track too.

If you check it in you'll be fine. If you don't you might be ok, you might not. I was ok, one, but not the other.

I no this is an old post but can someone just clarify what you mean by 'check it in?' do you mean take it as hand luggage and put it through scanner? or pre check it in some how?

Also did you put your batteries and charger in your hand luggage or case? and one final thing are they OK with the batteries on the plane? i would of never dared take mine... but i just may now

cheers guys...

You have hand luggage and checked in luggage.

You can generally check in more risky items as you can't access them on the plane.

Just don't check in the receiver whilst carrying the transmitter. That makes the security guys a little bit nervous.

And best to leave the bumper repair putty at home as well.

Paul.