TWINSET

C L U B _ O F F L I N E - Read And Digest (then Panic)

SATURDAY 27th JUNE - TAMIYACLUB WILL BE OFFLINE MOST OF THE DAY.

"We are switching over to a brand new dedicated server on Saturday, which will involve quite a lot of work.

Lots has already been done to make it as painless as possible but it will still need the server to be offline for a few hours on Saturday.

So the server will be off from around 8am until 6pm.

If you want to keep up to date with how its all progressing then follow the action on Twitter even if you don't use twitter you can check that page for updates, with no sign up."

http://twitter.com/TamiyaClubCom (add it to your faves or something, the forums will be off for some time too)

There's a chance the forums will be online before the main site, but they'll be locked for posting until the transfer's complete.

For those that have been through this before, you'll know it means having to interact with real people for a day, sorry it's happening again

For those that have never experienced this before, stay inside, lock all the doors and windows and just go lie down until it's all over.

There's no need to stand in a doorway or hide under the table unless you really want to.

Don't panic! There is help at hand. We will be offering a Tamiyaclub man-creche facility for any Tamiyaclub web addicts forced to venture out into the sunlight this Saturday!! Why not join some fellow Tamiyaclub members for some Retro Racing at Hinckley RCCC. We race on Saturday afternoons and we race old Tamiya stuff and re-re's amongst other things. Racing is fun. It's a good get together with fellow Tamiya and RC addicts. There's a club BBQ for burgers and hotdogs, and hot and cold drinks to purchase. Racing consists of 4 heats and a final. Class rules is a standard silver can motor which keeps the racing close, simple and cheap. Hinckley is easy to access from much of the Midlands being just off the M69 / A5 so has close links to the M1, M6 and M42. We aim to start racing at 12.45 with the finals being run by about 5pm. Club details and directions can be found here HinckleyRCCC and click on the club info link. To give you an idea of the racing check out this video of last weeks Retro final.

Commentary by the club chairman - but don't believe everything Dale says!!

Be great to see any new racers there this week.

Richard

members, I should be playing with mine, not looking at anyone else's.

:rolleyes:

Andy, I think you better delete this trainwreck of a thread & start a new one fella B)

:rolleyes: To be honest, the more people that reply, the longer it'll stay at the top, and less people will complain on Sunday that they weren't told.

post-1185-1246003409.gif

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but can't you just pin it ?

Or make it sticky ?

There's some more ammunition for you too :rolleyes:

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but can't you just pin it ?

Pinned topics don't actually tend to get so many readers, which is why the competition threads aren't pinned any more.

Not sure why though.

At least with regular (albeit, largely irrelevant) replies, this post will continue to appear on the forum homepage as the most recently replied to 'TC News' post.

After tomorrow's over, it'll be locked and left to work it's way to the bottom of the pile.

So basically a moderator is inviting off topic replies....

Like this one.

I like M&S All butter chocolate chip cookies.

Paul.

Oh yeah, loads of them :-)

I live right in the very corner, away from most well known metropoli and we have one within 10 km.

That reminds me, they have 20% off this weekend :-)

P.

So, this is 12:00 am to 10:00 am for me. I think I should be ok as I will be asleep for most of this. :lol:

Well, it's been a bad day for some people, a good day for others, but just take a guess (no prizes involved) who had to pass up a FREE ticket to see AC/DC at Wembley Stadium - tonight, in a VIP box - because he had to empty out the dining room and living room for the painters to come tomorrow.

And then guess who phoned up after it was too late to get to Wembley :lol:

So don't start complaining tonight :o

Well, it's been a bad day for some people, a good day for others, but just take a guess (no prizes involved) who had to pass up a FREE ticket to see AC/DC at Wembley Stadium - tonight, in a VIP box - because he had to empty out the dining room and living room for the painters to come tomorrow.

And then guess who phoned up after it was too late to get to Wembley :lol:

So don't start complaining tonight :o

Death is too good for some people. My wife is off at an Anthrax concert tonight. Strange, but true ;-)

Paul.

Death is too good for some people. My wife is off at an Anthrax concert tonight. Strange, but true ;-)

Paul.

Never really been into Anthrax, but don't mind a bit of old Metallica every now and then - got Kill 'Em All in the car at the minute I think.

Can thouroughly recommend Stone Gods though - Caught them as a support act a few months back and they've never been off the 'pod