Singapore_959

Huge Tamiya Opportunity !

the holiday buggy is so cool, but designed pretty generic.like the front shocks,gears are exposed,etc..

so i vote for "holiday buggy".

I am down for lunchbox or frog.. I dont have lunchbox yet but if you do decide to make some super bomb proof upgrades for it i will deftinally buy a lunchbox and thrash it like it was my last day on earth.

Needs to be something that can be used on more than one model and is a popular model owned in large numbers too to make it worthwhile surely? ORV chassis based (MB, Frog, Blackfoot, Mudblaster, Brat etc) would be a goer then in my book.

Lunchbox would be a good choice (again can trf mods with the Pumpkin) as simple and popular.

And I've got one :rolleyes:

I would go for the wild one, a good looking car in my opinion but not expected to be a very good racer. It's a challenge to keep the vintage looks with modern technology. There is much space in the tub so plenty of opportunities. Would go for a 4wd car with the Schumacher bosscat front arm setup whitch can flip back in a crash. A carbon chassis with an undertray in the chape of the original wild one. And of course a good pair of dampers, bullet proof gearbox so that it can manage a decent motor-setup. And maybe a kind of radiobox from the srb family so that it will keep the dirt out. As for the aerodynamics of the car it looks like it would be a challenge to obtain the vintage look and give it a bit of downforce. But i also could live with the avante or kingcab :lol:

The Avante front plastic uprights that were part of the front gearbox (top of the shocks mounted to them). I dont think I ever had a run where at least one of them didnt snap off!! :lol:

Thanks everyone for your input. Based on this the team at nimrod-Racing have decided to pick the

HotShot & Frog / ORV chassis based (MB, Frog, Blackfoot, Mudblaster, Brat etc)

for stress analysis and redesign or material improvement :lol:

They have already ordered and received NIBs of each car and each part is now being individually drawn and laser measured.

The MD of nimrod-Racing keeps a low profile and has asked if I could keep the TC community updated with progress via 2 new threads similar to the DS thread, one for the Hotshot and one for the Frog. If the mods are ok with this then I will do so.

This is very much driven by your inputs - so your suggestions, requests and ideas are required & encouraged. So please post up ;)

So once they come up with the design, are they building a prototype, and is it something Tamiya would mass produce? Or is it a one-off?

Will I be able to buy this new Super Frog Extreme Professional Gold Limited Edition Mega Plus?

This is a cool idea, looking forward to seeing the results! For the Frog:

The rear suspension arm will fail miserably. It flexes and the self tapper screw weakens the shock mounting point.

I wonder if they'll pick up on the flex of the gearbox side plates? That causes premature failure of the diff gear.

The steering knuckles will probably fall apart too.

I'd like to see them examine a monster beetle though. They'd pick up on all the neck lines within the plastic, especially around screw holes. Thats where the plastic had cooled down to much whilst being injected into the mold. Very noticeable on 80's tamiya kits (the clod is terrible for it thanks to the large scale of everything) Mass production = weaker parts :lol:

heres something buddy of my traced and I just made into 3d model.

the gearbox plate:

platebrat.JPG

edit:

added reinforcement

platebrat2.JPG

I'm in for bomb proofing the Avante/Vanquish series of cars...

Stornger front & rear uprights, stronger front gearbox, stronger prop shaft, modern adjustable ball-diffs, replace center diff w/ a double-slipper (like DB-01), new wings, fitted undertrays, fancy 4WD wheels, etc...

Oh, yes! I watch this thread with interest.

The benefit of making upgrades for these is that there are several cars based on this chassis that they will also be compatible with.

I'm going to have to go and order some Dyna Storm parts at some point... Been preoccupied with all things Buggy Champ.

- James

I know I'm too late but I'd have gone for the Avante for sure, never has a car looked so good yet performed so badly! Saying that, the ORV chassis should also prove to be interesting and is a lot more common than the Avante. Maybe we'll see some of the upgrades on member's cars in the future?

Arrrrgghhhh, I'm too late! :lol:

I would want re-designed, carbon fibre infused, bulletproof Lunchbox body mounts. They break all the time and you have to buy a whole chrome tree for spares.

Please make some, would be very easy for them to do!

I'd like to see one more version of the Nimrod blade wheels; 4WD Fronts! That would make the wheel types complete and would allow you to use these awesome wheels on 4WD cars as well :lol:

RE: HOTSHOT!

If you guys do duel shocks on the back ill buy one!

BEEN LOOKIN AT A HOTSHOT FOR A WHILE, N YOU HAVE HAVE THE INSPIRATION FOR ME TO PART WITH MY CASH!

This is a challenge within its self!!!!!!

Please dont do half a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any updates on the HotShot? ;)

Anyway I found this pics of a DF03 SuperShot 1

DF03 SuperShot 2

Maybe a DF03 front suspension (especially the upright part) design can be subtly incorporated into the HotShot.

No one can compete with japaneese modellers.

Max