angel wings

Fireball 21d Vs Super Stock 23 Turn

High, I am planning I getting a slightly higher turn motor to calm my mad bull down abit lol, is the venom fireball 21 turn double going to be alot faster than the 23 turn rz/tz/bz super stock motors, ive heard that the venom fireballs arnt very good but have heard lots of good things about the super stocks, will it be fast enough though, if not whats the best motor, thanks guys and girls.

AnGeL

High, I am planning I getting a slightly higher turn motor to calm my mad bull down abit lol, is the venom fireball 21 turn double going to be alot faster than the 23 turn rz/tz/bz super stock motors, ive heard that the venom fireballs arnt very good but have heard lots of good things about the super stocks, will it be fast enough though, if not whats the best motor, thanks guys and girls.

AnGeL

I've been running a super stock RZ in my Frog and found it to be plenty fast enough - I'd go for the super stock if I were you.

I've been running a super stock RZ in my Frog and found it to be plenty fast enough - I'd go for the super stock if I were you.

I have a BZ in a lunchbox and an RZ in a TL01b, both great motors, can't fault them.

The RZ in my Super Blackfoot is good enough for wheelies if it gets enough grip.

RZ, TZ, BZ, all great motors, gobs of torque & still excellent runtime, can't go wrong for the money.

Here's the same motor in Skip665's Bush Devil:

img19691_01062009215519_4.jpg

hey thanks for that, do you think these are faster than the venom fireball 21 turn then ??

AnGeL

The RZ in my Super Blackfoot is good enough for wheelies if it gets enough grip.

RZ, TZ, BZ, all great motors, gobs of torque & still excellent runtime, can't go wrong for the money.

Plus if you shop right you can normally save about £10-£15 per motor from HK.

hey thanks for that, do you think these are faster than the venom fireball 21 turn then ??

AnGeL

Not sure to be honest.... but someone will know. However one thing I have heard is the venom fireballs have severe reliability issues!! Not a patch compared to Tamiyas.

The problem with a cheapo motor is that it won't be consistent. So while it might be faster than a better quality motor initially, 10 battery packs later its slower, and 10 more after that its in the dust bin. If you're lucky and it last a long time, it might be with steadily diminishing performance. Buy the better motor. You'll thank yourself later.

PS: did you get your ESC issues sorted?

I love my Superstock RZ its a fantastic motor! I did have a 17t double Venom Fireball in my Lunchbox and while it was ok for going fast it didn't have the torque to wheelie properly. I sold it ages ago and am going to fit a Superstock TZ to it instead.

The problem with a cheapo motor is that it won't be consistent. So while it might be faster than a better quality motor initially, 10 battery packs later its slower, and 10 more after that its in the dust bin. If you're lucky and it last a long time, it might be with steadily diminishing performance. Buy the better motor. You'll thank yourself later.

PS: did you get your ESC issues sorted?

Angel at work in her new job and on TC again tut tut

Sorry I forgot to get back to you, you were 100% correct the esc was backwards, I know this from the instructions to the ripmax esc both green and red lights come on in reverse and only red in forward, well green and red are on in forward, it would have been a simple job of pressing the button and re programming it, but.... the button is missing, came like it when I bought the mad bull off ebay ggggrrrrr so there is no way to reset it, the only way I have found is to swap the motor wires around so they are the wrong way which makes the esc correct, Im sure Im losing power from the motor doing this or doing some sort of damage but Ive got no choice at the moment, buying a mtroniks viper ESC and a super stock soon so the other stuff can go in the bin ( trash can,,, garbage can to non uk'ers hahahaha). Ive also heard that this motor may still be a to lower turn as you cant change the gearing

It is a blast though with a faster motor.

AnGeL

I love my Superstock RZ its a fantastic motor! I did have a 17t double Venom Fireball in my Lunchbox and while it was ok for going fast it didn't have the torque to wheelie properly. I sold it ages ago and am going to fit a Superstock TZ to it instead.

Hmmm...well the question in the op was the Venom FB 21 vs the Tamiya motor, from what I've seen the most torque is at ~21 turns but that could vary greatly from different manufacturers...

I doubt you need all that much more for a motor in the Mad Bull - it has really tall tires and mine goes like stink with just a silver can. The thing should be a rocket with an RZ motor. If you put a 21t motor in it, just make sure you glue some wings on it. That or give it some Red Bull and change its name. ;)