442xcar

84057 Black Porsche Kit Forum

You get two sets of wheels with the kit. One set that looks like re-re from the original Black Porsche and one that I guess is from the 30th Anniversary of kit #1, at a guess? I don't know as I don't have kit #1.....

The tires look like they have lettering which is tricky to paint. Even though they say Tamiya I'll probably paint mine in. The "T" looks particularly tricky to me.

Wheel shots from my kit (Japanse version with bag - not sure if there are other differences?).

post-27618-1247167761_thumb.jpg

I started building mine today... :angry:

the Tamiya airation dampers are loverly,just a bit steep.

Are the GB-01 dampers the same as the GT-01?

Can find lots of stockists of GB-01 parts, not many for the GT-01, but wonder if there's crossover here ?

wow nice score!

looks like they sent some early batch to Canada, like the CR01?

I got one of the first 10. Lucky # 9!

DSC_3135.jpg

That is pretty cool, one from the first 10 :angry:

I wonder who got number 00934 :)

That is pretty cool, one from the first 10 :angry:

I wonder who got number 00934 :)

You have #934??? :D I was really hoping to get it.

This was the first and only kit available in Toronto that I've seen so far, just picked up from Borgfeldt's warehouse less than 24 hours before I got it. The guy I bought it from said it was the only one at Borgfeldt's warehouse...

I took delievery of mine today its numbered 00943 .

9 numbers off but hey its still got the right numbers but in a different order .

I brought mine from Jason I suspect he may have the 00934 .

Whats the general concensus on this number its as close as one can get to the 934 number meaning it has the right numbers on the plaque but in a different order ?? or it may as well be a thousand off it dosent matter ??

I guess it could have been worse Iam pretty happy with those numbers :D

Pics in my showroom.

Hi,

I have just been advised that the two Black 934s that I pre-ordered from Tower Hobbies are being picked and packed in the warehouse for shipment!

I guess they have stock but are filling back orders as the online stock status is 'Mid July'.

Total cost was just under US$210 each shipped to Australia with the $45 promotional discount!

Regards,

Luke Jenner

I got one of the first 10. Lucky # 9!

DSC_3135.jpg

009 might be the lowest number yet! I am curious to know if it came with a bag, considering this would be a "non-japan" kit.

By the way, any USA folks that can confirm whether or not the bag comes with the kit (when bought from a US supplier of course)?

Mine was delivered from Ultimatehobbies, but I am about 3000mi from home! :D

Q for one of you multi-offenders (you know who you are) out there...

when you received your factory-fresh shipping carton box of 2 kits, were their #s consecutive?

I brought mine from Jason I suspect he may have the 00934 .

jr-rc sent #554 here

Q for one of you multi-offenders (you know who you are) out there...

when you received your factory-fresh shipping carton box of 2 kits, were their #s consecutive?

jr-rc sent #554 here

No. I also got mine from Jason - #740 & #897.

OK its built with the long list of hop-ups a bit further up this thread. I am not finished yet and I have not even thought about the hard body, just the lexan shell. It was a nice build, ive not built a plastic model since I was a teenager. Looks good, just waiting for the electrics and the turnbuckles then its down to my local outdoor track for some serious setting up. I just hope it meets my expectations. For pictures see my showroom below or go to the home page.

If your interested I'll update when the electrics arrive and its running, should be about 2 weeks.

Paul

that GT01 chassis won't run any different to a lexan kit B)

say ppls, what is consensus on the Blackie... is it a One-Batch-Wonder (& stocks all gone now) or will there be more?

that GT01 chassis won't run any different to a lexan kit B)

say ppls, what is consensus on the Blackie... is it a One-Batch-Wonder (& stocks all gone now) or will there be more?

I think I understand where you are coming from. The Black Porsche is indeed just a GT-01, all the parts are from the earlier Jagermiester and Valiant releases. The instruction booklet is even the Valiant one and gives no indication (the main booklet) on where to place the decals - or at least the decals are numbered 1-100 and the numbers are all wrong because they relate to the Valiant decal sheet.

The differences are:

The box

The hard shell

The decal sheet (and there is only one even though there are two bodies!)

An instruction insert for the hard body

The bag - if you got one

The number plaque

Thats it as far as I can tell the rest is just using up old stock of GT-01s.

HTH

Paul

nah i more meant if Tamiya will be stamping out another batch of 84057

supply seems to have dried up around the world :)

I think I understand where you are coming from. The Black Porsche is indeed just a GT-01, all the parts are from the earlier Jagermiester and Valiant releases. The instruction booklet is even the Valiant one and gives no indication (the main booklet) on where to place the decals - or at least the decals are numbered 1-100 and the numbers are all wrong because they relate to the Valiant decal sheet.

The differences are:

The box

The hard shell

The bag - if you got one

The number plaque

HTH

Paul

Are there two sets of wheels included, the normal ones and some that look like the origanal 1970's set ?

Darren

Are there two sets of wheels included, the normal ones and some that look like the origanal 1970's set ?

I got two sets with my kit - pics in my post above.

The wire-wheel wannabe ones from the later Porsche, and the original 70's looking ones that are like the original Black Porsche kit.

Darren

Yes two sets in mine as well. The newer ones though are all silver, in the manual which as I point out is the Valiant manual, they tell you to spray just the flat inside part - not the rim - gold TS-21. However I have seen wheels that are sold that are already gold and silver - no need to spray! So not sure when these flat silvers where introduced or indeed superceeded, my guess slightly synical I know is that Tamiya are using up old stock.

I have been a bit bitten by the bug and just bought a Valiant Tamtech so will be interested to see if that has the plain silver wheels or the newer gold and silver wheels?

Paul

nah i more meant if Tamiya will be stamping out another batch of 84057

supply seems to have dried up around the world :)

Just checked Ebay, there are a few listed. Jason has one..........and a couple of others being sold at a premium.

The differences are:

The box

The hard shell

The bag - if you got one

The number plaque

HTH

Paul

I still don't get why Tamiya went cheap on the manual. I mean come on, it is a special kit!

Not even any hop-ups either...... :)

They must have rushed this one.

I still don't get why Tamiya went cheap on the manual. I mean come on, it is a special kit!

Not even any hop-ups either...... :)

They must have rushed this one.

The manual is a carry over yes, but I think it's remarkable that we have this kit in hand in 2009. The main point of the kit is the Black Body that can be displayed on the GT-01 chassis. Under all the smoke and mirrors ,the basic kit is a stock Valiant version of a TTG GT-01 (with a stock manual). Other than paint and decals there was nothing to justify the expense of an all-new manual. All that was needed was an extra sheet for the retro/tribute body.

The main point of the kit is the Black Body that can be displayed on the GT-01 chassis.

Exactly - the chassis is irrelevant and old news. This kit is all about the hardshell body. And the body *did* get it's own dedicated manual, which comes with the kit.