442xcar

84057 Black Porsche Kit Forum

Where are you seeing them for this price? I talked to a rep today and he said that Tamiya japan shipped a small quantity to them and they all sold immediately. None of them made it out of the factory to any of their US distributors???!!!! Why hasn't tower hobbies contacted me?? I'm *******. Evreyone else is getting theres!!!!

Dwayne, The actual price was $195.00 shipped. That was if Tower had a kit, which is does not. From all appearances, the first batch was very limited and spread in dribs and drabs here and there. All of those kits were gone immediately. Now the question is, "How Limited" is limited?

Great Question - "How Limited is Limited".

What is the highest number someone now has? #01016?

Regards,

Luke Jenner

Great Question - "How Limited is Limited".

What is the highest number someone now has? #01016?

Regards,

Luke Jenner

Luke, As far as I know 01016 is the highest..... Tim D.....

Any members out there still waiting for pre-ordered kits? None of my pre-orders have shown up and delivery dates keep moving back. Wonder if the well has run dry..............

Any members out there still waiting for pre-ordered kits? None of my pre-orders have shown up and delivery dates keep moving back. Wonder if the well has run dry..............

Sorry to hear that 442xcar, now that's a naughty hobby shop accepting orders without being able to fulfil them. Have you sent them an email?

If they have balls'd it up, maybe you should try and work out some discount on future orders with them.........that is if you still want to buy anything, from them, after this.

Yes, I'm also back ordered the Black Porsche on July 10th at TC and I'm waiting, waiting and waiting...stock status is Mid August now ;)

Yes, I'm also back ordered the Black Porsche on July 10th at TC and I'm waiting, waiting and waiting...stock status is Mid August now :)

Any news on your porsches?

Jason has one listed as of right now.

And WoW and it has gone up in price a fair bit since I brought mine how can this have jumped in price so much in such a short amount of time :)

Any news on your porsches?

Towerhobbies have changed the stock status into early Sep. !!! :lol:

What do you think? Is there any chance of getting one ?

Towerhobbies have changed the stock status into early Sep. !!! :P

What do you think? Is there any chance of getting one ?

Just received word that delivery(?) has been moved back (again) to September. I now believe that we have seen all the Black Porsche's that will be delivered. None of my pre-orders have been delivered and all my venders don't have a clue here in the States.

I believe that we have possibly seen history repeat itself with the tribute Porsche. Just as Tamiya released the original back in the late 70's, they cleaned out their 934 parts bins and even had to use 935 bumpers and speed controls to complete those kits. After that kit, Tamiya never released another 58001 kit. PERIOD!

Flash forward to 2009. Based on the GT-01 TTG chassis, Tamiya fabbed a plastic body clip to adapt a retro Black 934 body to the modern chassis. Just by chance, this new tribute kit was released at a time when all Tamiya TTG GT-01 kits have gone out of production. Just a coincidence? I know some fellow club members will take offense, but I think Tamiya has pulled another "parts bin" clearance (again) by releasing the Black Porsche.

I know some will say this is pure speculation, and essentially it is... But the speculation is based on the current status of the GT-01 chassis, and Tamiya's past track record with the special release(s) of the Black Porsche. Another indicator is that there have been no more kits shipped from Tamiya after the initial shipment. Kit #10016 is the highest number that I have any knowledge of, and that kit was purchased from Jason two and a half months ago. Has anyone seen a higher serial number? Has anyone heard of any kits shipped out of Oshika since June?

For me, I have given up on any pre-orders and have gone to the open market. Maybe I'm wrong, but my gut instinct says "Limited" was far more limited than anyone believed...............

• Like 1

I was unaware they disco'ed the TTG chassis, where did you hear this?

I was unaware they disco'ed the TTG chassis, where did you hear this?

Just check any major Stateside retailer. All TTG GT-01 cars are being shown as OOP.

Hi Black Porsche enthusiasts- thought I would post this up so that folks know something about the rest of the world version of this Tamiya release. I noticed the listing by the top Tamiya Ebay seller (jr-rc), and sounds to me like there is confusion on what is in the US (rest of world) kit. He states in the listing that the bag and the serial number plate are features of the Japan only version. Well I have the non Japan Black Porsche kit- came from Tower Hobbies -and when you open up the kit, the limited edition serial number plate is attached just like the Japan version. In fact, I have kit number 00052! So it is not correct to state that only the Japan version has the serial number! Sorry if this has already been noted in prior postings- thought folks would be interested in any case.

I paid $170 for my kit at Tower (they give me a premier discount because I buy a lot of stuff (too much!!), and free shipping. The Japan kit is selling for $355 with $52 shipping last I looked - so a total of $407 for the Japan kit. OK, let's figure this out- $170 for the kit with the serial number plate, and $237 for the cloth bag! I was surprised at Tamiya, sice they are THE plastic molding experts- making the premium in the kit a cloth bag- which I'm sure some entrepeneur will figure how to duplicate at some point. This could not be said if they had something that was "built" especially for the Japan version- a finished body for example- something like that would have been special, and I would pay up for that. Anyway, a very nice kit which every Tamiya collector will want- just so folks know what they get with the non Japan kit.

Hi Black Porsche enthusiasts- thought I would post this up so that folks know something about the rest of the world version of this Tamiya release. I noticed the listing by the top Tamiya Ebay seller (jr-rc), and sounds to me like there is confusion on what is in the US (rest of world) kit. He states in the listing that the bag and the serial number plate are features of the Japan only version. Well I have the non Japan Black Porsche kit- came from Tower Hobbies -and when you open up the kit, the limited edition serial number plate is attached just like the Japan version. In fact, I have kit number 00052! So it is not correct to state that only the Japan version has the serial number! Sorry if this has already been noted in prior postings- thought folks would be interested in any case.

I paid $170 for my kit at Tower (they give me a premier discount because I buy a lot of stuff (too much!!), and free shipping. The Japan kit is selling for $355 with $52 shipping last I looked - so a total of $407 for the Japan kit. OK, let's figure this out- $170 for the kit with the serial number plate, and $237 for the cloth bag! I was surprised at Tamiya, sice they are THE plastic molding experts- making the premium in the kit a cloth bag- which I'm sure some entrepeneur will figure how to duplicate at some point. This could not be said if they had something that was "built" especially for the Japan version- a finished body for example- something like that would have been special, and I would pay up for that. Anyway, a very nice kit which every Tamiya collector will want- just so folks know what they get with the non Japan kit.

You are right on the money. The Japanese kits sell at a premium, and the only diff is you get the bag...............

otoh...

not impossible to duplicate but a fake bag is still a fake bag - still not the 'real' thing is it?

sounds like TH can't get any more stock... so who cares what they advertised them for?

be interesting if T brings out an XB RTR or MasterBuilt edition :unsure:

otoh...

not impossible to duplicate but a fake bag is still a fake bag - still not the 'real' thing is it?

sounds like TH can't get any more stock... so who cares what they advertised them for?

be interesting if T brings out an XB RTR or MasterBuilt edition :unsure:

Bag or no bag. Reguardless of price. I think Oshika has shipped all that we will get.................

I got this answer from TH today after asking about new informations about the Black Porsche:

Thank you for contacting Tower Hobbies.

We should be receiving that item from Tamiya in early to mid September. Unfortunately, we do not know exactly what color scheme that we will receive from the manufacturer. We appreciate your time and your business with us.Julie -Tower Hobbies

They don't know the colour scheme?? :unsure: How should I understand this? :) Could it be they sent the usual Porsche 934 TT kit instead? [/font]

I got this answer from TH today after asking about new informations about the Black Porsche:

Thank you for contacting Tower Hobbies.

We should be receiving that item from Tamiya in early to mid September. Unfortunately, we do not know exactly what color scheme that we will receive from the manufacturer. We appreciate your time and your business with us.Julie -Tower Hobbies

They don't know the colour scheme?? :unsure: How should I understand this? :) Could it be they sent the usual Porsche 934 TT kit instead? [/font]

LOL

Not at you, I am very sorry for you, but at the reply.

Email them back saying something like its called a black porsche cause its black - hence the name Black Porsche, its even written on the box, cant miss it ;)

On another note have you paid up front? If so I think its disgraceful that you need to keep chasing, they should be telling you whats happening.

Paul

Dear Julie @ Tower,

Don't worry about colour, please just send me a BLACK one.

It comes in a BLACK box.

Has a picture of a BLACK Porsche on the side.

Box contains a whole heap of plastic parts, 95% of which are BLACK.

Including the tyres, they're BLACK too - nice huh?

If i don't receive 1... my mood will surely be BLACK.

Yours truly,

(insert name)

Dear Julie @ Tower,

Don't worry about colour, please just send me a BLACK one.

It comes in a BLACK box.

Has a picture of a BLACK Porsche on the side.

Box contains a whole heap of plastic parts, 95% of which are BLACK.

Including the tyres, they're BLACK too - nice huh?

If i don't receive 1... my mood will surely be BLACK.

Yours truly,

(insert name)

Hahahaa ! :rolleyes: That's funny!!! Many thanks for your help answering the TH mail.

No, I haven't paid yet - I made a back order only.

Hmm should I delete the back order or just let it be to see what happens?

Hahahaa ! :rolleyes: That's funny!!! Many thanks for your help answering the TH mail.

No, I haven't paid yet - I made a back order only.

Hmm should I delete the back order or just let it be to see what happens?

Hey Mate,

I would risk to delete the backorder! Make sure they understand and confirm to you that you ask for the black one.

( At least you have a chance to agree a special deal deal if they offer you some other kit instead)

After a politely :lol: answer to TH Julie send me this:

Dear Tower Hobbies Customer, Thank you for contacting Tower Hobbies. Our item description states this item is available in two body styles. All that we can do is put a note on the account to attempt to ship the black body, however please keep in mind that we do not know exactly what we will be receiving from Tamiya. We appreciate your time and your business with us.Julie -Tower Hobbies

This is a bit different to the first mail - I think they simply don't know that the Black Porsche comes with the two shells? :rolleyes: I'm a little bit dissapointed from that big hobbyshop...or is it just Julie...