442xcar

84057 Black Porsche Kit Forum

This is a bit different to the first mail - I think they simply don't know that the Black Porsche comes with the two shells? :rolleyes: I'm a little bit dissapointed from that big hobbyshop...or is it just Julie...

Considering the sheer magnitude of products they sell, it would be inconceivable that you would know everything about each item you sold. Surely the different kit number from the regular GT-01 would have "black" somewhere in the description.

Hahahaa ! :rolleyes: That's funny!!! Many thanks for your help answering the TH mail.

No, I haven't paid yet - I made a back order only.

Hmm should I delete the back order or just let it be to see what happens?

Sad to say, I've been chasing the monkey with Tower since May. Gave up on them when they gave me the "maybe in early September" line. I was able to score a couple of low number kits in the open market for prices very close to Tower's price (US imports). Might be all that we see of Black Porsche (part 2)....

Maybe a bit OT, but this talk of the North American versions has me thinking -- has anyone had a non-Japan release with a number higher than 300? Or how about the kits with bags.. Any of those number in the 200's??

Maybe it's already been suggested, but perhaps we could start an informal 'registry' of serial numbers to better get an idea of the distribution of the kits already out there?

-Steve

I have no idea what Tower may be getting in on the Black Porsche, but when you do the backorder, make sure you pay- give them your credit card info, so that when it comes in stock ,they will ship. I ordered two of these in June (over two days), gave them my credit card- they do not charge you until/unless it ships, so what to lose? Anyway, I noticed when they shipped mine, that the stock status you see on the Web never changed, it just kept moving out- so I think as long as they have more "paid" orders than what comes in from Tamiya, you will not see the stock status change to available. I wonder how many orders they have filled? When I ordered mine, the only info posted with the listing was the car type - Porsche 934 or whatever- never mentioned Black, and said "details to be posted shortly". I was able to tie the Tamiya stock number they listed to the Black kit, so was confident this WAS the car, but that was the only way to know. Anyway, I think they do a good job- they do not inflate a price because a kit is hot, and they must have the largest allocation in the States, so give them the CC and see what happens! One of the Porsches was shrink wrapped, and the other wasn't. The non shrink wrappped one was number 00052. Have not opened the other.

Maybe a bit OT, but this talk of the North American versions has me thinking -- has anyone had a non-Japan release with a number higher than 300? Or how about the kits with bags.. Any of those number in the 200's??

Maybe it's already been suggested, but perhaps we could start an informal 'registry' of serial numbers to better get an idea of the distribution of the kits already out there?

-Steve

Mine:

- No. 530

- Japanese Kit from RC Champ

- Bag included

I checked again: the body is black - just kidding :rolleyes:

(sorry for my ignorance to your troubles - I hope all will turn out fine for you challenger-RT!)

What about sending an email to RC Champ (who are based in Japan), they might know if Tamiya are producing a second batch?

Mine:

- No. 530

- Japanese Kit from RC Champ

- Bag included

Nice - Thanks! :rolleyes:

Mine is no. 379, with the bag, from Jason in Japan.

On second thought, I'm thinking maybe we should start a separate dedicated thread for the kit numbers? Call it the unofficial black Porsche registry or something like that :lol:

-Steve

What about sending an email to RC Champ (who are based in Japan), they might know if Tamiya are producing a second batch?

did that circa 3rd week July, sounded like they said they can't get any more

mine is 00077

with bag

from jason in japan

a second registry post would be good

Nice - Thanks! :)

Mine is no. 379, with the bag, from Jason in Japan.

On second thought, I'm thinking maybe we should start a separate dedicated thread for the kit numbers? Call it the unofficial black Porsche registry or something like that :(

-Steve

Steve, The best registry right now is the Black Porsche showroom. Most kits posted show or state the serial number

Steve, The best registry right now is the Black Porsche showroom. Most kits posted show or state the serial number

Hmm, good point.. I need to post mine then :)

Although a second thread would serve to provide a place for the non-members to post as well?

-S

Hmm, good point.. I need to post mine then :)

Although a second thread would serve to provide a place for the non-members to post as well?

-S

A separate thread would work Steve, if people would post. There are several uber collectors who will never tell how many, or what serial numbers they have. Then there is the million dollar question; "Who has #911 and 934? Hmmmmmm...........

A separate thread would work Steve, if people would post. There are several uber collectors who will never tell how many, or what serial numbers they have. Then there is the million dollar question; "Who has #911 and 934? Hmmmmmm...........

and 00001

Just wondering if anyone has received a new kit since June? Another thought concerns opinions on if we have seen the entire run of Black Porsches from Tamiya?

Just wondering if anyone has received a new kit since June? Another thought concerns opinions on if we have seen the entire run of Black Porsches from Tamiya?

I have not heard anything, I am kinda hoping that they will release another batch in September. I really need a Y parts tree B)

Paul

TC has changed the stock status into "on order" hmmm, does that mean we can expect to get the Black Porsche till christmas? :D

I decided a while back that it means orders are still going in but no kits are coming out. As far as I can tell, ALL TTG-GT-01 kits are officially out of production.................

So I guess I'll let my backorder at Tower sit forever, in hopes that someday I may get a NIB Black Porsche kit at my door.

Any more news?

Cheers,

Skottoman

So I guess I'll let my backorder at Tower sit forever, in hopes that someday I may get a NIB Black Porsche kit at my door.

Any more news?

Cheers,

Skottoman

Yes, stock status has changed to "Mid Sep" ...

Just to keep this thread up to date...

TH changed stock status to "Late Sep" ;)

Yep..... And then it will post "Early October", and then "Late October", Blah, Blah, Blah............ :lol:

"yes" B)

& here's a shot i've yet to see anyone postup

IMG_0251.jpg

the bag is pretty floppy canvas, won't stand up on its own. Fits a touring car nicely on its footprint.

Black Porsche kits are now being shown as "Temporarily Unavailable" on the TH site. With a limited run of just over 1000 kits and no new shipments, I guess the kit becomes a no-brainer for collectors...................