442xcar

84057 Black Porsche Kit Forum

Was it really that few?

There's still a couple on eBay....

might be an idea to buy one if you want one while they are still reasonably cheap.........

Was it really that few?

There's still a couple on eBay....

The Black Porsche that started this thread was a Japanese kit #01016. I'm not aware of a higher number...... If that kit was the (last?) highest serial number, the total production run was far less than expected.....

might be an idea to buy one if you want one while they are still reasonably cheap.........

I already have a couple, just now starting to think about whether or not to keep running them. That's the problem when toys become collectable. Not sure whether I really approve of it.... :P

My guess is what is out on the market is all there will be. Get it while it is cheap.

I have had 24 of these kits through my fingers (mostly passed on to friends, I just wanted a chance to select numbers - I haven't kept all 24) and I haven't had anything above 1000. In fact nothing even close to 1000.

Paul.

Hey Hey Folks!

New to this forum - some of you might have seen me on oople

Have my self an 84057, can't remember what issue number, will find out soon. I have been following this thread for some time now! I am also trying to figure out how many of these have been released!

I also a have a restored Bigwig with box that I finished off recently

Will get pics up some time soon :lol:

Hey Hey Folks!

New to this forum - some of you might have seen me on oople

Have my self an 84057, can't remember what issue number, will find out soon. I have been following this thread for some time now! I am also trying to figure out how many of these have been released!

I also a have a restored Bigwig with box that I finished off recently

Will get pics up some time soon :)

hi and welcome ;)

Bump.

Number 1035 :).

Just out of pure interest, how many were ever made?

I know most Japanese manufacturers don't use the number 13 when making limited edition runs (No idea about Tamiya though). Subaru does that, for example there were 1000 Impreza P1´s made yet the last car made was 1024/1000.

9 hours ago, Lee1075 said:

Bump.

Number 1035 :).

Just out of pure interest, how many were ever made?

I know most Japanese manufacturers don't use the number 13 when making limited edition runs (No idea about Tamiya though). Subaru does that, for example there were 1000 Impreza P1´s made yet the last car made was 1024/1000.

Somebody at FujiHeavy is lightweight on his math, huh? :rolleyes:

#1035 seems to be highest number so far (in this thread, haven't gone check showrooms) 

16 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Somebody at FujiHeavy is lightweight on his math, huh? :rolleyes:

#1035 seems to be highest number so far (in this thread, haven't gone check showrooms) 

Yeah, no idea how they came up to 1024, but there are no Number 13´s, although there is the very rare 0000 car. But it's white. :huh:

Edit: Found #1076 in the show room.