Hello, I am new to the forum and i have a lunch box :) . I am currently in the process of mounting the motor but by looking at the manual i need a motor spacer D2(missing), and cover with 10tPinion(already have) .. so my question is, if i am planning to used a stock motor do i really need to buy this plastic spacer or can i use other replacement adapters. What options are out there?

Hello, I am new to the forum and i have a lunch box :) . I am currently in the process of mounting the motor but by looking at the manual i need a motor spacer D2(missing), and cover with 10tPinion(already have) .. so my question is, if i am planning to used a stock motor do i really need to buy this plastic spacer or can i use other replacement adapters. What options are out there?

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure tbh, sorry.

Have a look on Ebay as people sell most parts for these, or perhaps contact Tamiya they may well send you one out FOC.

All the best

Chris

I hate the yellow wheels, Black wheels should be here today.

011057_zps91692bd4.jpg

011060_zps08e70698.jpg

011049_zps3e45bd19.jpg

We are having a lot of fun with these trucks.

011044_zpse816d8da.jpg

AC56B23F-A922-4ADA-9D6E-281A7AA0D89F-307-000000384175CB6C_zps85bf354d.jpg

Oh yes, Black wheels came today.

012038_zps429140d3.jpg

More hooning around in the garden with MissB before dinner.

012013_zps5865a1fb.jpg

012018_zpsa148d74b.jpg

012012_zps6a739df4.jpg

012022_zps6de29818.jpg

012043_zpsd55f0169.jpg

012050_zpsa6f828db.jpg

So much fun.

• Like 5

I love it - a LB and a MP teaching chickens to fly :lol:

• Like 2

You need the spacer and cover to run a stock or non stock motor with the stock pinion and the stock pinion is the ONLY pinion IMHO that should be used with the kit as it will get pretty fast in stock form..

62666_241697785967923_1967613992_n_zps6e46b472.jpg

Wow. That picture must really be one of the most spectacular ones I've seen in TC so far. TOTALLY awesome!

• Like 1

Finally managed to do the pen spring mod to the rear gearbox mount, took a bit of fine tuning with a Dremel but the result is a nice alternative to the 5th shock mod while retaining the stock look underneath. Some pics:

44d23ec7d4592d7e0779892abaa74a19_zps25cd78fc.jpg

28dcfffab9c561774a62ba83bbff2bae_zps62d67a09.jpg

167a7bacb7a53a81854c9328e6a246f3_zpsa2a6678e.jpg

• Like 1

Finally managed to do the pen spring mod to the rear gearbox mount, took a bit of fine tuning with a Dremel but the result is a nice alternative to the 5th shock mod while retaining the stock look underneath. Some pics:

That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Now will you explain us how does that work, Steve?

Here's my almost a pumpkin

P1030385_zpsde9638c5.jpg

I've had the body for ages and i picked up an old LB chassis on ebay. Should have it next week.

Have you got Pumpkin body mounts as they're different to the LB ones?

That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Now will you explain us how does that work, Steve?

I assume you mean how effective is it? Well, I'd say its somewhere between doing a 5th shock mod and leaving it standard. I had to be quite careful as I have 75mm shocks at the back which are quite stiff so I didn't want to add a lot more stiffness at the rear or it would probably make the bounce worse not better. It certainly drives well on my 'box.

I assume you mean how effective is it? Well, I'd say its somewhere between doing a 5th shock mod and leaving it standard. I had to be quite careful as I have 75mm shocks at the back which are quite stiff so I didn't want to add a lot more stiffness at the rear or it would probably make the bounce worse not better. It certainly drives well on my 'box.

Sounds pretty good. Actually I was trying to know how does it work, like if the tip of that bolt goes up out of the gearbox's pivot support when pressed? Sorry I'm not too clear putting my idea into words tonight... I'm sleepy!

Ah right, yes the metal shaft that protrudes out of each end of the gearbox mount pushes on the head of the bolt which in turn compresses the spring. The threaded part of the bolt then extends out of the back side of the plastic mount. I'll take some pics shortly.

Ah right, yes the metal shaft that protrudes out of each end of the gearbox mount pushes on the head of the bolt which in turn compresses the spring. The threaded part of the bolt then extends out of the back side of the plastic mount. I'll take some pics shortly.

That's what I thought, thanks Steve!

I think one of the old golden flanged bushings that Futaba packed as extras with their servos might help the performance of the mod.

Your work is very good and it is also bringing some more ideas. Hats off ;)

Wow. That picture must really be one of the most spectacular ones I've seen in TC so far. TOTALLY awesome!

You realise that's actually a 50-foot long giant balloon that got loose from a parade, right?

Have you got Pumpkin body mounts as they're different to the LB ones?

Yeah, they came with the body when I bought it ages ago