Sign in to follow this  
igbandy

Schumacher Cat/procat Front Pulley

Hi all,

I am currently rebuilding my old Cat XLS and Procat. I vaguely remember that there was an overdrive front pulley available for these buggies.

Now I have got quite alot of spare parts for these, and I have been going thru my pulleys and have the following part number`s

T173

T173X

T289

The T173 is the standard pulley, I cant see any real difference with the T173X.

The T289 is smaller and a little bit wider, I think this is the overdrive pulley.

Can anyone help me out?

Yes, part number T289/U289 is the overdrive pulley for the Procat.

Thankyou Terry :)

Used to race a Procat in 1990 and put in MMS diffs and pulleys - no idea if they still make those!

Used to race a Procat in 1990 and put in MMS diffs and pulleys - no idea if they still make those!

Peter, I am currently rebuilding my CAT XLS and Procat. My XLS is getting Model Motor Sport rear diff and layshaft, which it originally came with when I bought it 2nd hand. It was only about a month old when I got it. The owner having gone over to a Procat.

I have been trying to do some research on MMS but cant find anything about them on the net :(. Same applies to many of the small manufacturers of the time.

I will get some pics up soon.

A few of the companies were engineering companies selling the parts under a name, so hard to trace. For example RW Racing is really NJS Engineering Ltd.

Model Motor sport Ltd was dissolved in 1991, according to companies house, so unlikely to find any info on the internet about them.

Peter, I am currently rebuilding my CAT XLS and Procat. My XLS is getting Model Motor Sport rear diff and layshaft, which it originally came with when I bought it 2nd hand. It was only about a month old when I got it. The owner having gone over to a Procat.

I have been trying to do some research on MMS but cant find anything about them on the net :). Same applies to many of the small manufacturers of the time.

I will get some pics up soon.

Sounds fantastic. I think I spent over £100 of my paper round money on MMS pulleys and diffs in 1990. The stock front pulley was the main problem if I remember. The belt used to move along it and try to come off, or shave the edge of itself. The MMS pulley had a channel for the belt, so was way better. They also quietened down the whole drive train to a quiet and distinctive whistle that just sounded so efficient.

Look forward to the pictures.

Sounds fantastic. I think I spent over £100 of my paper round money on MMS pulleys and diffs in 1990. The stock front pulley was the main problem if I remember. The belt used to move along it and try to come off, or shave the edge of itself. The MMS pulley had a channel for the belt, so was way better. They also quietened down the whole drive train to a quiet and distinctive whistle that just sounded so efficient.

Look forward to the pictures.

Hi, I have lot of different kind old shumacher cat parts. Most of those is new. Let me know if you need something. BR. Arto

Hi, I have lot of different kind old shumacher cat parts. Most of those is new. Let me know if you need something. BR. Arto

I know iyour post was a long time ago Artsi, but do you still have any Scumacher Cat, Procat parts?

I'm restoring a Procat and need some bits.

Cheers

Jools