Henk4Focus

Weight In Wheels

:( Please help, all the clever guys who have added weight to wheels to aid with traction. How do I go about doing it and what or where should I look for lead (Strips)?

I want to add some weight to my F350's 2.2 wheels to put more weight on the wheels and to try and keep it from rolling over so easily.

Please help, I'm a little lost.

Cheers

Henk

:( Please help, all the clever guys who have added weight to wheels to aid with traction. How do I go about doing it and what or where should I look for lead (Strips)?

I want to add some weight to my F350's 2.2 wheels to put more weight on the wheels and to try and keep it from rolling over so easily.

Please help, I'm a little lost.

Cheers

Henk

Henk,

you can use specific wheels which come with add on weights:

http://www.prolineracing.com/images/produc...dium/670_5_.jpg

Or use balancing weigths for real car rims. You can get them in any size, self adhesive and you can glue them to the inner side of the rim. Just make sure the center of gravity of the rim remains in the center to remain balanced....

http://www.tradekey.com/ks-wheel-balancing-weight/

http://www.ammcoats.com/products_bada.aspx?id=221

Kokuzu

Stick on weights (usually "lead free" these days, not lead) are the ones used to balance 1:1 car alloy wheels. For a small quantity go pester your local tyre depot for some, for bigger quantities hobby shops sell overpriced ones or a search on the internet for wheel balance weights. For my crawlers I buy them in bulk packages from a trade garage equipment supplier. I could name the supplier I use, but being weights they would cost a fortune to send to South Africa.

Hey guys thanks for the responses, now if someone would be kind enough to post some pics..............PLEASE!!

Ive no pics cos im lazy, and cant stop drinking for the 15 mins it would take to take a tyre off a bead lock, but heres a great tip!!!!!!

Go to B&Q or a good harware store, ask for lead strip to clad house windows!!!!

Its not lead however, but is heavy metal, and comes complete with an adhesive tape on the back, 'i am sooo lazy'

but u gotta admit this method rock's!!!

Simply remove tyre from wheel, remove adhesive backing, wrap around wheel to desired weight and BooYah!!!

Dont forget to put tyres back on!!! :huh:;):P

:huh: Thanks again and thanks for that pic. Will go and rob my friend at his tyre fitment outlet.

When I weighted the wheels on my crawler, I used lead fishing sinkers..

I started with 10-12mm ball sinkers and used a hammer to flatten them until they were approx 16mm round and 3-4mm thick.. I then just stuck them to the inside of the wheels as in terrysc's pictures with double sided (servo) tape...

I just found it easier to buy sinkers than I did finding the mag wheel lead weights..