zakspeed

After Help With Some Parts That Have Not Arrived :-(

This is parts that have gone missing that i've sold via ebay

I've recently sold 3 lots on ebay one to Belgium, one down south somewhere !! and one about 7 miles from me. All posted with first class. Now the item arrived in belgium ok and the one down south ok but the one nearest to me :huh: you guessed it not arrived :P

Now the guy has been ok and his feedback is ok.

I've got proof of postage and I said i'd be happy to email this across but rightly so he wants a full refund. Now the goods arn't dear - £27 I think (cant be bothered looking yet) but does anyone know how this works ??

If I refund him do I refund the full amount ? i'm then out of pocket due to listing fees / selling fees / paypal fees etc. If he files a dispute with paypal will they take it anyway ?? Now I do have another similiar set of parts but i'm very reluctant to send these as an offer of replacment even if recorded.

In 7 years of ebaying and TC trades i've never ever had goods go missing so hence this thread can anyone offer help on this one ??

I suppose moral is to record every delivery but I think this just prices your goods up. I suppose one loss aint too bad ??

Any offers of assistance greatly appreciated ;)

I suppose moral is to record every delivery but I think this just prices your goods up. I suppose one loss aint too bad ??

Yeah, Royal Mail's 'pay extra to ensure we actually do what you pay us to' service is the one to go for chap - They'll cover up to 100 x the cost of First Class letter post (so £39 currently) as compensation, should the package get lost - you've also then got concrete proof of posting incase it does go adrift.

Recorded delivery costs something like 75p extra, so just add it to all your postal charges (don't make it optional)

You'll have to check Paypal's policies on it, but I don't think you're protected in any way if you don't have 'proper' proof of postage ie, a recorded delivery receipt or some kind of stamped form.

By 'just' posting it, you can't prove to them that it was ever posted, so obviously they're going to want to keep their customer (the other guy) happy by refunding his ££

The flipside is also that you can't prove the buyer didn't receive it and is pulling a fast one claiming he never, because there's no signature required for 'just' post.

One thing I did see recently though, was a guy who'd printed all the address he was posting to on a form, and had the post office stamp over each one as they accepted the parcels - that might be enough for future 'proof' without going recorded.

The great thing about the new recorded delivery is that they put the address on your till receipt.

Yeah, Royal Mail's 'pay extra to ensure we actually do what you pay us to' service is the one to go for chap - They'll cover up to 100 x the cost of First Class letter post (so £39 currently) as compensation, should the package get lost - you've also then got concrete proof of posting incase it does go adrift.

Recorded delivery costs something like 75p extra, so just add it to all your postal charges (don't make it optional)

You'll have to check Paypal's policies on it, but I don't think you're protected in any way if you don't have 'proper' proof of postage ie, a recorded delivery receipt or some kind of stamped form.

By 'just' posting it, you can't prove to them that it was ever posted, so obviously they're going to want to keep their customer (the other guy) happy by refunding his ££

The flipside is also that you can't prove the buyer didn't receive it and is pulling a fast one claiming he never, because there's no signature required for 'just' post.

One thing I did see recently though, was a guy who'd printed all the address he was posting to on a form, and had the post office stamp over each one as they accepted the parcels - that might be enough for future 'proof' without going recorded.

The great thing about the new recorded delivery is that they put the address on your till receipt.

Cheers for that Twinset - I do have a reciept from the post office with 'proof of postage' but appreciate that it's probably worth sod all. To be honest i'm not rite bothered about the parts (he paid to much for em anyway LOL ) it's more that if I give him a full refund I then still get stuffed with sellers fees / paypal fees / even the 30p it costs me to park my ******* car when i go to post office LOL

Ah well lesson learned at least i'm not having to refund a massive amount ??

Hi zakspeed. I'm in the same situation with a package I sent to France trhough Royal Mail. Been 4 weeks now and he hasn't got it. No reason for it to be stolen as it's boring Kyosho Maxxum parts. I'm holding tight, as like you with just a till receipt I don't think we have a leg to stand on.

Let me know how you get on as I will with you.

Cheers,

Felix

Hmmmmmm, yeah, without proof of postage that is trackable on the internet your screwed, paypal always side with the buyer regardless, i've just lost £130 to an italian who claims my porsche 959 has not turned up after requesting i send it standard airmail to keep postage costs down, and the best bit is you can't leave neg feedback as a seller anymore! gutted. :huh:

Chaps,

"Recorded Signed for" (Recorded Delivery) does exactly as it says, and no more. You can claim up to the £39 but it does NOT provide a trail through various sorting offices etc, so the Post Office have no record of where your item was last logged if you happen to put in a claim, and consequently would not bother to go and look for it amongst the other 12 million or so items which fail to turn up at their intended address each year.

If you want a better service giving up to £2500 compensation, then I would choose the "Special Delivery", which DOES provides online tracking.

Mud.

Chaps,

"Recorded Signed for" (Recorded Delivery) does exactly as it says, and no more. You can claim up to the £39 but it does NOT provide a trail through various sorting offices etc, so the Post Office have no record of where your item was last logged if you happen to put in a claim, and consequently would not bother to go and look for it amongst the other 12 million or so items which fail to turn up at their intended address each year.

If you want a better service giving up to £2500 compensation, then I would choose the "Special Delivery", which DOES provides online tracking.

Mud.

:) Yep!, was going to say the same myself, costs more but it is tracked the whole way through the system.

If it was tracked or registered go to your local Post Office and put an Inscurance claim in they will do an investigation to actually find out if the goods were signed for and if so you can then proove to Paypal it was signed for even if you have refunded him you can then claim against him .

Its worth a try .

Be very careful out there with postage

I recently sold my Bigwig on an online auction site

I explicitly listed the P&P charges for a Parcelforce signed sevice

It sold to someone abroad whos feedback suggests they arent stupid :)

The buyer immediately refused to use the carriage I had advertised and sent me half the cash for carriage which would have covered a send only service with no proof of postage/receipt or insurance

Predictably I refused

I can also see this person is a forum member here - hello!!!!!!

Everything over about £15.00 I post with a signature required.... That way if it does go missing, you can check to see if it's been delivered and where it could be.

Well a quick update - the parts still haven't turned up so i'm in the process of refunding the guy :-( well peeved off as it's the first time in 7 years of trading on ebay and TC that owt has ever gone missing.

Whats really annoying is the guy only lives about 8 miles from me and I could have delivered em but you trust the postal service or I did until now. Dont think i'll be selling owt for a while now as cant be ***** with the hassle.

One fed up tc member

The guys just launched a paypal dispute on me now- don't blame him. But I did post the goods- his envelope actually put me in hospital as my 3 year old picked it up and it caught my eye. So I went to hospital and went through pain, only for nothing to arrive. It's sad coz I am not going to post abroad anymore:(

Sad state of affairs