Gravel-Hounda

Do You Have A Nemesis Tamiya?

IS THERE ONE IN PARTICULAR THAT GIVES YOU GRIEF, BUT YOU CARRY ON `CAUSE IT'S YOU FAVORITE???????

Well I do. One car I've always liked, and just recently aquired. A re-re Subaru Brat. Further more, I've got a Brat project too. :huh:

So far I've blowen two ESC's, two receivers, and a servo, and smashed my 'hard body' into a brick wall. Everything I do to my Brat, turns to mud. There's been tears, swears and beers.

Just changed back to MSC, two servos, "the old school way. See how it goes tomorrow after work.

Cheers' all

My F350 High Lift with MFU !

Recently thought I stripped a gear on a demo run. Tore it down rebuilt it - had several small "tranny" pieces left. It still makes a "crunching/stripping" sound and stops at points. Can't get the back of the body to close properly because I didn't thread all the LED wires properly and the list goes on :huh:. Currently it is sitting there waiting for me to get my patience back !

I had a Sand Scorcher that looked lovely, but would never run right - I had to get rid of it in the end cos it made me sad...

my blue fox always seems to have something fall-off/break/strip/die everytime i use it. even with a esc, it still farts around, and i'm fed-up with taking it to bits, so many screws!

on another note, i'm afraid to push my superclod too hard for fear of rolling it and scratching the paint! even that had a motor die on me, which as soon as i swapped it over, started to work again! weird.....

my blackfoot suffers a lot lately too, broke a front wishbone the other day, quite often see smoke from the resistor pack, and it gets very hot, but its such a hoot to drive when it is working properly.....

My Sand Scorcher and TA03F have both been problematic cars for me...

The Scorcher has problems with inconsistent revs of the motor and crashed in it's first test run after only a few minutes (out of range about 5m from me), so apparently there was something causing interference. I never figured out what the problem exactly was though (I really hate that), and haven't driven it since (it's a project, and there isn't much driving/testing to do yet). I am not going to sell it though, the value has dropped because of the upcoming re-release and I really won't sell the custom parts and throw away the plans I have for this car.

The TA03F started out as a TA03R from the german ebay. It had a lot of damage (unlike the description), and after settling that with the seller I started the restoration. In the end I found out that I pretty much only re-used the FRP plates (and a few screws, not even all of them), it was so expensive that I could just as well have bought a NIB TA03F Pro. Then when I finally tested it, this car also went out of range, about 20m from me and crashed straight into a kerb. Very nice, after spending more than 200 euros and many hours on that project :huh: So now I have a 2.4Ghz system on order "And don't dare to go out of range ever again!"

TB-02.

Every time it runs the rear ball diff comes undone. Never the front, just the rear. Tighten it too much and the screw snaps or the spring gets over compressed and you're rebuilding the whole diff again. Too little and the car is front wheel drive by the end of the run. GRRRRRRR.

Shame really, b/c its a beautiful car with a lot of high quality parts. I keep looking for the "miracle fix" or easy solution that doesn't involve a dremel tool and permanently locking the ball diff.

On the lighter side, one of my Stadium Thunders flings the right rear wheel nut and drive pin into the abyss with alarming reqularity. Not enough to make me dislike a fantastic truck, but ... it is annoying. I think I need a new rear axle b/c the wheel nuts are always brand new and there is no binding in the diff, so it must be lame threads on the axle itself.

My wife! :huh:

She is the former, when ever I buy the latter!

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the question!! :P

C..

My wife! :huh:

She is the former, when ever I buy the latter!

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the question!! ;)

C..

ILMAO!!!!!!! :P;)

Mine is the same!!! "When will you have spent enough money on RC cars?" I'm sick of that question now!!!!

On the cars side I'll have to say my F350 Liftie!! That gearbox with only 1 gear!!! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! So much to strip to get to the tranny. Such a pain but hey at least I smile when I drive it in that gear. And lets not forget my 2wd Humvee bodied Twin Det!!!! It goes and stop on it's own accord. Will have to see if deans connectors will sort out that niggle!

Cheers

Henk :D

I don't really have any troubles with any of my Tamiyas. Nothing other than normal wear.

I would have said the DF03 with it's quick mainshaft gear wear. But since I have milled out a 18T 0.6mm steel pinion and pressed that to the mainshaft instead of the alloy gear it seems to have solved it. All happy driving for me of late. Which is great.

ROFL at the 'Wife' comments :)

Mine piped up when another RC turned up the other day, "How many RC car's do you need?!" she say's,

to which I replied, "How many pair's of shoes do you need?" B)

How many clod owners have multiple B tree's/sprues because of B11's? :D

But since I have milled out a 18T 0.6mm steel pinion and pressed that to the mainshaft instead of the alloy gear it seems to have solved it. All happy driving for me of late. Which is great.

Where do I order mine? What do I need to provide? Help a non-milling brother out....

Alex

Where do I order mine? What do I need to provide? Help a non-milling brother out....

Alex

like you run your DF03 so much, @ current rate the stock gear will live till 2015 :)

Pretty much every car I own is a Nemesis.

My super champ is now confined to the shelf as I could never get it to run propperly. In the 4-5 years I have owned it, I have rebuilt it 4 times, restored it twice and yet it has never been out of the door. The problem is that there is a knocking sound in the gearbox, I think it is just a damaged bearing but I can't be bothered to rebuild it again. And, I could never the motor to line up in the caseings. So for ever it will sit in direct sunlight and only brought down for the occasional dusting.

My original porsche 959( the one that started it all) has a horrible sound from the gearbox. It runs ok but I don't want to risk ruining the gears so I sits behind the superchamp as a display piece.

2 other celica grbs, never could get them going, there was a horrible crunching from the gearbox and the wheels would never turn even though it was built propperly. Currently in bits in a box on top of my cupboard, will probably stay like that for afew more years.

Grasshopper, again gearbox problem, there was a crunching problem and I gave up straight away. Sits in the box with the celicas.

2 Nichimo pan cars, not really any problems with these, they are so rare I shouldn't even think about running them but one is missing some key bits which really annoyed me when I wanted to get it running. Currently sitting safely on a shelf where I regularly dust them off.

And thats all the ones I want to remember. The only reason I havn't sold them is because I know I will regret it one day, and they all looks nice, even in bits.

Funnily enough the only car that seems bullet proof is my monster beetle. Been through snow and heat, worn pinions and damaged bumpers yet It refuses to die. I have restored the chassis but I still need a body, anyone help?

Dazaa

My All time Nemesis is the King Cab/Monster Racer trucks. Ball diffs and steering knuckles were horrible and made to fail...

I guess I've been fortunate with Tamiya kits. I've owned a bunch, and I've never really replaced parts unless I wanted to. My nitro RS4 back in the day was another story. I broke, stripped, and snapped just about everything.

:)

I suppose my most problematic was my first Fox from when i was a kid.

It got rebuilt so many times it wasn't funny, mainly gears and snapped chassis! drove my father mad as he couldn't keep up with the spares cost, so it led to my first after school job :D It was also my usual birthday/xmas/good marks at school pressie for a number of years. Then the rc gear failed and that was it, into a box for many years, carried from house to house. Until divorce 5years ago when i was throwing things out to make room in the new place....... and always regretted it! (My current partner of 6 years has only encouraged the R/C :P

My current fox, with a few upgrades is old faithful, it always gets taken out as the "backup buggy" when going to the track with mates, it always just seems to keep going, and its tailhappy attitude is great fun!

Rob

Not a particular car, but seemingly the same component on every car: the steering. Sometimes I swear the joke's on us, and "tamiya" is really the Japanese word for "bump-steer." A little geometry lesson would go a long way. And does there have to be so much slop in everything?

Tamiya: My CC-01 withstands all my attempts of improving the rear suspension, I think I will be more sucessful with some better dampers though...

Non-tamiya: My HPI RS4 Nitro 3 started out as a major problem, I payed alot for it from a canadian ebay seller (he refused to use anything but UPS) and it was advertised as a SS with 2 speed and a .18 engine but I recived a normal with .12 and single speed...

My monster beetle!!!

The rear susp been broken three times, servosaver been broken off so both wheels been pointing diffrent ways!!!

Burning the motor ones!!! But I love it till death!!!

Badboy

My TL01. Its geared to high for what I want to use it for(semi Scale fun truck) and it has eaten 2 of the pinion touching spur gears in the last 7 battery packs.

Until divorce 5years ago when i was throwing things out to make room in the new place....... and always regretted it! (My current partner of 6 years has only encouraged the R/C :)

LOL, I was doing the math here Rob, and I'm just guessing the R/C wasn't the cause of the divorce. :):D

Ahhh yes my TL01, I bought every single concievable hop up part for mine and even after getting some of the local guys in the club to have a play with the setting's none of us could set it up right to turn corners properly, I gave up and sold it in the end.

Oh I broke a servo saver on my clod today, went to steal one off the bullhead (I wonder if this one is ever going to be finished :) ) and noticed that one of the bully's one's were cracked, I forgot how prone they are to breaking too, so two more B parts trees :D

Doesn't stop me wanting more though :)