Corpse Thrower

How Will You Control The Re-re Buggy Champ?

Old school controller or new school?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Soooo......

What controllers will we be using? :)

Who is going wheel and trigger and who is going stick? :D

I don't think I'll be getting a buggy champ, but if I did it would be sticks anyway - I can't get on with wheel controllers...

Defintely got to be sticks for me - old school sticks, no steering exponential control here. That was all part of the handling (or lack of) fun :)

Not convinced by the 6v LiFE battery either. Anyone selling hump style packs on eBay yet ?

Defintely got to be sticks for me - old school sticks, no steering exponential control here. That was all part of the handling (or lack of) fun :)

Not convinced by the 6v LiFE battery either. Anyone selling hump style packs on eBay yet ?

Im going for wheel but not really used mine much lol so will see howi get on with it!

The component shop has a nimh hump pack with the 6th cell in right place between 3 & 4 i think, says in dsecription for the rough rider etc to!

Thanks

Lee :D

I dun much go for the wheels .

I seem to get better control out of the sticks dunno why perhaps its what I started with al those years ago old habbits die hard .

Yeah so for my BC its sticks baby .

I'll control mine by hand. I'll just push it back and forth along the shelf..... :)

Oh, I'd better get around and buy one first though.

If I ever get a chance to own one, I will run it on my 2.4 ghz Pistol, don't care for the bulky stick radios.

I see a trend here. Most us Yanks prefer to use Pistol Transmitters, where alot of our friends across the 2 ponds seem to prefer to use stick radios. Weird how that is.

I got an ol' Acoms AP227 MkII lying around but I can't get it to work... Hmmmm...

I'll probably use my Hitec twostick!!!

Badboy

Wheel and trigger (pistol grip) if I decide to build it. Not a fan of 'chop sticks' :)

I will be using my old tamtech sticks

Wheel type radios feel like toys to me

post-18956-1246927775_thumb.jpg

Wheel and trigger (pistol grip) if I decide to build it. Not a fan of 'chop sticks' :)

Sticks all the way, no matter how much "stick" I get for being out of date or using an "aircraft" radio B)

I break too many parts when I use a pistol radio, the cars seem to develop a magic affinity for the kerb!

Me vote is for pistol grip. I have a pistol grip 2.4Ghz radio set on order, and the 27 and 40Mhz AM stick radio systems are hitting the traderoom and a local auction site soon.

Airtronics M8. I prefer the pistol nowa days.

My old stick radio (my first radio back in 1982) is long gone and is not legal for its frequency in this country anymore.

However, I will make a hump NIMH pack for it and use the oldest Tekin ESC that I can find. I know I have a few around somewhere.

Slightly OT.... I don't think it's the control of the RRRR that'll be my issue, more controlling the urge to buy one :D

If I ever get a chance to own one, I will run it on my 2.4 ghz Pistol, don't care for the bulky stick radios.

I see a trend here. Most us Yanks prefer to use Pistol Transmitters, where alot of our friends across the 2 ponds seem to prefer to use stick radios. Weird how that is.

Ooo my vote tipped it over the edge. You are right though for some reason especially in the UK we love to use stick radios.

I tried the wheel many years ago and did not get on with it, I have to say I am tempted to try one again but as anyone with a proper race transmitter knows the number of settings (10-20+) that you have to personalise the control to you makes it tough to just pick up someone elses and use it.

That said for my Blazing Blazer I use the Traxxas TQ3 wheel tramsitter, but at the speed of the BB it does not really matter :D

I don't need another radio. I still have a dozen spare model memories on my 3pk. So pistol for me.

As for the battery, I'll open up my old Tamiya hump pack and will stick a 2s lipo inside (though still not sure if that's doable). :D

I will be using the Futaba 3PKSs pistol transmitter, just another model added to the memory. Servo will be a nice Futaba S9451. The 6.0v LiFE battery and a Sidewinder 4600Kv will be the perfect match up. I will also do the same mods that I've done to my older SRB, DF03 slipper clutch, 0.5mm gearing and a bevel gear diff centre. Box stock it will not be.

Only time you'll catch me using a stick transmitter is where there are more channels needed than the pistol offers, planes, tanks or 3-Spds etc. Those who started out more so with slotcars will always find a trigger for throttle more natural. What I'd love for my 3 speeds is a pistol transmitter with a gearchange stick on the face beside the wheel... one can dream :)

I will be using the Futaba 3PKSs pistol transmitter, just another model added to the memory. Servo will be a nice Futaba S9451. The 6.0v LiFE battery and a Sidewinder 4600Kv will be the perfect match up. I will also do the same mods that I've done to my older SRB, DF03 slipper clutch, 0.5mm gearing and a bevel gear diff centre. Box stock it will not be.

Only time you'll catch me using a stick transmitter is where there are more channels needed than the pistol offers, planes, tanks or 3-Spds etc. Those who started out more so with slotcars will always find a trigger for throttle more natural. What I'd love for my 3 speeds is a pistol transmitter with a gearchange stick on the face beside the wheel... one can dream :)

Hey Mark,

have you looked at the Traxxas TQ3 steerwheel radio? i have a slightly modified one here that has a 3 position toggle switch for changing gear, next to the wheel.It works great with 3 speeds.

Hey Mark,

have you looked at the Traxxas TQ3 steerwheel radio? i have a slightly modified one here that has a 3 position toggle switch for changing gear, next to the wheel.It works great with 3 speeds.

Need 4 channels for the MFC-02 mate. That clutch operation on the 4th channel I couldn't live without. I put the clutch on the same stick as the gearchange, so in effect I'm putting in the clutch as I change gear on the move. Not had it go crunch yet.

Sticks all the way, no matter how much "stick" I get for being out of date or using an "aircraft" radio :D

I break too many parts when I use a pistol radio, the cars seem to develop a magic affinity for the kerb!

I am going to duct tape a pistol TX around your hand for our next race :lol: