Sign in to follow this  
gothcat

12mm Hex

I have aquired eight wheels and tyres One set i got of ebay (don't do drunken bids) and one set i got from my mates purchase of a seben racing truck (ploughed it in to a concrete post) Both of them are in very good condition and i was wondering which models use 12mm hex front and back. I will post some pictures tonight when i get in from work with some measurements. :D Thanks in advance for any help sent

Most modern Tamiya cars / buggies / trucks use the 12 mm hex. Anything w/ 2wd will not have the hex on the front [non-drive] wheels, although the M03 Mini is an exception to this - it uses the hex on all 4 corners even though the fronts are the only drive wheels. Reversed of course for the M-04 rear wheel drives. :angry:

The Blackfoot Xtreme also uses hexes all around. :angry:

Pictures of wheels

DSCF0277.jpg

Seben Wheels

Rims are 8cm in diameter Tyres are 11cm in diameter They are glued with foam inserts

Tamiya Wheels

DSCF0281.jpg

Rims are 6cm in diameter Tyres are 7cm in diameter

They seem to be Super Grippers

Tread view

DSCF0287.jpg

Just wondering which Rc cars would they look great on

Those white wheels and tires are for a DF-02 like the Gravel Hound and its progeny. They will work on many other 4wd buggies and cars, including the TL-01 trucks and buggies [ie. stadium raider, baja champ, etc].

The larger wheels/tires would work on the Dual Hunter and similar models, the Blackfoot models, etc.

You can even buy an HPI or Tamiya adaptor to use any of these wheels on older trucks/buggies with the frog style drive units instead of the 12mm hex.