Sign in to follow this  
robster959

Df03 Slipper Clutch And Ball Diff Tuning

Hey all,

I picked up a DF03 that had a slipper clutch installed and was wondering about how to adjust it, and if you had any recommendations. There doesn't seem to be much slip at the moment. I guess you take off the little cap and loosen the nut to adjust it? How do you guys usually set yours? Same thing for the ball diffs - how tight do you like to set them. At the moment they're pretty tight. I'm not sure if that's making it easier to spin out/get sideways or what.

Thanks for you recommendations,

Rob

For Slipper Clutch adjustment, it needs to be tight in a way that at full acceleration from standstill, it won't slip at all or just very short. When jumping with your car, the slipper clutch should slip on impact to protect the gears from the stresses that are unleashed on the little gearbox.

As for diff adjustment, you need to set it at a point where you can hold the two differential outdrives with hex wrenches and cannot turn the diff in between them with your thumb. I don't know how much tighter you can make it before it's overtightened, but at least that's the way to keep it from being too loose.