Sign in to follow this  
tt-01owner

bought a ta-04

yesterday i went out to check out some of hong kongs hobby stores and i was totally baffled by their prices,300-400 for tl-01 kits, 400-550 for m chassis kits, 360-500 for tt-01 kits, 600-700 ta-04's, and 795 for ta-04 r chassis kit.(hkd of course)

so i picked up the ta-04 r chassis kit [:D] and then the store owner said for an extra 50 il give you a havok motor so i went for the 11 turn one. tamiya fans should really visit hong kong because they mostly have more tamiya kits and tamiya items. for people who are there or wanna go, the cheapest store is called "tq racing" its by kwong wah street and nathan road.

Divide the said HK dollars by 7.7 (or 8) you got the price in uSD.

Divide the said HK dollars by 13.4 you got the price in Pound.

Yes the kits are relatively cheap in HK. But there is not much race track in HK thus nowhere to play ... there used to be small track near the Old KaiTak airport but recently it just closed.

June/July is a sales season in Japan and if you look at the Japanese R/C Hobby magazine the hobby shops are selling these kits even lower then in Hong Kong... thus recently the Tamiya's kits in Hong Kong also seems to be selling at quite a low price too...

Nice to know. One of my colleagues is of to Japan in 3 weeks. Maybe he can do me a favour!! Isn't it a problem getting these kits through customs?

Tamiya kits in Japan are dirt cheap...I've bought my Touareg from

http://www.ishiimokei.com

And they seem pretty good, I'm in the proccess of ordering alot more from them right now...

That is EUR 47,-- for my TL01 Subaru!!! I paid EUR 150,-- for it... Wonder how much it costs to ship it over here and if you would get problems with customs..

I tossed up this thread with pics from my HK trip ages ago:

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=116875

with any luck, I'll be able to carve out some time to return before fall.

As for on-road race-tracks in Hong Kong, there's a roving race that sets up in various open areas, an outdoor paved track out in the 'boonies' I didn't have time to get to, and the shops posted flyers that showed indoor racing taking place in vacant office flats.

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthr...threadid=111035

Thanks for all the links but still no answer on my question. If you buy a kit in Tokyo, what about customs??

there is usally a limit (as in money) you can buy before you get taxed, every country is different so check the limit and dont go over it and you wont be taxed