TWINSET

Winner Announced - The Highway Code Comp

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

Summer's here and the annual road trip holiday is back with us again. So to help with the torture of being locked up a caravan for two weeks we're giving you this excuse to get out and about and have some fun. FusionHobbies.com and Tamiyaclub.com are giving away one of these great Fiat 500 Tamiya RC Models

TA58427-2.jpg

click here for full details

All you have to do to with this great prize is to take a photo an RC model next to a road sign. It can be parked, jumping over, driving under or zooming past. The sign has to be an 'official' one - no shop signs, not home made signs. It can either be something that would appear in your highway code or a street or place sign. Easy, and lots of scope for varied shots this time.

What are the rules?

Theme specific rules:

• The picture must feature an RC model and an 'official' road or location sign.(no advertising, home made or shop signs)
  • You are not allowed to artifically add the car to a picture of a road sign, or vice versa.
  • You entry must feature exactly ONE picture (if I've done it right you'll only be able to enter items with one picture)
  • The pictures must be in your showroom (no external links)
  • The pictures must not have been used in a competition before
  • It may help your entry if your description includes a little background info
  • You may use paint packages to crop, rotate, sharpen, enhance colours etc but your cannot use them to make the model look like it is somewhere it is not or to add additional elements beyond borders or text
  • You need to enter a car into the competition before end of the Friday 21st August
  • You must vote by Sunday 6th September.

General rules:

• You must have taken the photo or it be of one of your models and have permission to use it.
  • You must vote if you want to be in with a chance of winning yourself.

You first entry is your final entry, you cannot change you mind or enter a different item later (even if you entered the wrong thing by mistake)

Its up to YOU to make sure your entry complies. If we see any which we do not feel complies they will be removed.

We will attempt to contact you about this but this cannot be garaunteed, so you are responsible to check your entry is still there as the closing date approaches. If you entry is removed you will be welcome to enter a different photo.

The voting buttons are already active...is that on purpose?

No, bit of a hiccup

Voting buttons should be gone (for now)

There was an extension of the date, this has now been retracted - please read on.

Edited by TWINSET
Close date extension now not happening

Lol! Chris has done a runner with the Christmas fund! :blink:

Seriously though, hope he's ok.

Yes mate, nothing ominous, just a calendar malfunction by the sounds of it :blink:

You have until this weekend coming to enter - the boss has gone AWOL so make the most of the extra few days

Not sure of the exact closing date, so might be worth getting sorted by Friday.

I don't want to seem pernickity but is this entirely fair on those people who got their entries in before the announced closing date?

And yeah, to be honest, I am talking about myself. Checked the website on the 20th and realised the closing date was end of 21st, as I knew I wouldn't have time to do it on the 21st I rushed out and took my shot in fading daylight, wasn't completely happy with it but as it was my last chance I posted it.

Since then the "closing date" has been and gone and I have seen at least 3 more entries added after it.

I understand that my having to rush to meet the deadline was my own doing, and that is fine, but if an extended deadline had been announced then that announcement would have been beneficial to me

At the end of the day I can't see why the boss going AWOL changes the rules, rules are rules and the deadline is clearly stated (it is still stated as the 21st as I type). I don't mean to be malicious to any other entrant but any entries added after 21st really shouldn't be elligible.

I don't want to seem pernickity but is this entirely fair on those people who got their entries in before the announced closing date?

And yeah, to be honest, I am talking about myself. Checked the website on the 20th and realised the closing date was end of 21st, as I knew I wouldn't have time to do it on the 21st I rushed out and took my shot in fading daylight, wasn't completely happy with it but as it was my last chance I posted it.

Since then the "closing date" has been and gone and I have seen at least 3 more entries added after it.

I understand that my having to rush to meet the deadline was my own doing, and that is fine, but if an extended deadline had been announced then that announcement would have been beneficial to me

At the end of the day I can't see why the boss going AWOL changes the rules, rules are rules and the deadline is clearly stated (it is still stated as the 21st as I type). I don't mean to be malicious to any other entrant but any entries added after 21st really shouldn't be elligible.

I did the same. Had it in my head the closing date was the 23rd so wasn't rushing, then checked the competition on the 21st in work and noticed it closed that day so had to rush home and get something done other than what I had planned to do.

Ok, no idea what will transpire, but based on creation dates, below is a screenshot of entries as of today, with 'ok' on 'em if they were added to TC on or before the 21st.

I've no idea if that means they were entered into the comp by the 21st or not though, will have to get Chris to check that, if it's necessary.

Any with an X on were added to TC from the 22nd onwards, but I don't know whether they'll be eligible or not, so don't go deleting entries yet.

Last I heard the date was pushed out, and at the minute that still stands until I've checked with Chris, and he's read this thread.

post-1185-1251227771_thumb.jpg

Last I heard the date was pushed out, and at the minute that still stands

Thats easy to say but where did you hear that, and where were potential competitors informed about it? I suspect there was no announcement.

The first I heard about the extended date was yesterday, three days after the advertised date and four days after I had complied with said date.

It just all seems a bit ramshackle. An earlier post of yours seems to infer that the competition date has been extended BECAUSE the boss has gone awol and isn't here to end the comp, if thats the case then thats really not cool.

And how on earth can I "make the most of the few extras days" when I have already entered and am not allowed, by the rules, to change my entry. The only thing I can do with those extra days is watch more entries come in thus lowering my chances of winning anything.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to post that picture, I look forward to hearing Chris's take on it.

Thats easy to say but where did you hear that, and where were potential competitors informed about it? I suspect there was no announcement.

The first I heard about the extended date was yesterday, three days after the advertised date and four days after I had complied with said date.

It just all seems a bit ramshackle. An earlier post of yours seems to infer that the competition date has been extended BECAUSE the boss has gone awol and isn't here to end the comp, if thats the case then thats really not cool.

And how on earth can I "make the most of the few extras days" when I have already entered and am not allowed, by the rules, to change my entry. The only thing I can do with those extra days is watch more entries come in thus lowering my chances of winning anything.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to post that picture, I look forward to hearing Chris's take on it.

There's no need to 'suspect' anything, call off the feds :)

Nothing was 'announced' as such as there's only Chris that can edit the main site, to my knowledge, to make such an announcement and as he's away that can't happen.

I'll suggest to him that the 'post 21st' entries are inelligible for this comp and he can take it from there.

The closing date was extended because Chris wasn't around to close it, for the reason above - He's the only one that can close the entries and open voting (as far as I know).

No fair, I was assaulted by a dentist this morning, I gotta take it out on somebody!

OK, I guess thats all I was asking. I understand Chris is the don when it comes to the actual running of the site and also that he was around to do it.

I still believe that post 21st entries shouldn't be allowed so I guess it's down to Chris.

Ok, just had mail from Chris, and the 'post 21st' entries will be removed.

Just keep an eye on the entries screen though, as there's nothing to stop anyone entering between now and when he gets back.

If there are any new entries, please just 'report' them thru the main site, using the report button just below the description.

Thanks

UMMM, excuse us stupid YANKS, but we are behind you Brits in timezones and not to get my feathers ruffled, but I entered my photo at 6pm CST USA time zone, as did "7.2 inch driver". If we want to be completely fair, shouldn't we be able to get our shots after work, race home and post before the midnight OUR DATE and still make it into the running?? I don't usually enter many of the competitions, hope to change that in the future, but I had this sharp idea for the photo I snapped and it came at a time I was too busy to make it happen or didn't have my camera in my car. When I did get a few minutes to get the shot, I thought about the time zone difference, but figured I was in safe territory since I was 6 hours BEHIND the UK and I didn't read into the rules that it was END OF 21 AUGUST,2009 GMT. Please take this post as a plea of reinstatement for not only myself, but also Christian as we were ironically entering our photos around the same time. Thank you.

UMMM, excuse us stupid YANKS, but we are behind you Brits in timezones and not to get my feathers ruffled, but I entered my photo at 6pm CST USA time zone, as did "7.2 inch driver". If we want to be completely fair, shouldn't we be able to get our shots after work, race home and post before the midnight OUR DATE and still make it into the running?? I don't usually enter many of the competitions, hope to change that in the future, but I had this sharp idea for the photo I snapped and it came at a time I was too busy to make it happen or didn't have my camera in my car. When I did get a few minutes to get the shot, I thought about the time zone difference, but figured I was in safe territory since I was 6 hours BEHIND the UK and I didn't read into the rules that it was END OF 21 AUGUST,2009 GMT. Please take this post as a plea of reinstatement for not only myself, but also Christian as we were ironically entering our photos around the same time. Thank you.

All sorted - my bad B)

As soon as Chris is around to sort it out

Word!

*click click click*

Voting's open, you got until the 21st.

Don't forget, you must vote to stand a chance of winning

Hello, just checked into the latest on the competition and funny thing was that when I clicked onto an entry or three, was given the chance to vote on them again. I am now wondering if my original votes were registered. I also must admit that when I first voted, I was unable to vote for myself, but that would be silly as there are definitely a few better entries than mine. Please keep me posted as to weather you have my votes or not.

I've just voted 3 times and on the 4th try is says

"You are only allowed to vote 3 times in total"

Try voting a 4th time, it's defintely working right this end

the voting box doesn't disappear after 3 votes (never has, hence the 3 votes message), but it won't register a 4th vote

Okay...10-4 it did not want me voting any more. Thanks, just goes to show you how many I have voted for in the past now doesn't it. Dumb rookie veterans. :P