Live Steam Mad

Continental Htl Wide Tyres (tires) For 1/14 Trucks

live steam mad this is a Tamiya forum not Robbe one

True. But these wheels and tyres are for a TAMIYA truck that am building. My long abandoned showroom shows the TAMIYA MB1838LS and MB1850L that I own. The wheels and tyres that I have shown and am talking about are ALL TAMIYA 1/14.5 TRUCK SCALE.

Does that qualify it enough for you? :D

Sheesh. Anything useful to contribute?

Although I did scan a small catalog about Robbe trucks, surely the talk of other brands of trucks is not against the law here, I think you will find.

ARG

Well, I guess you may be able to fit the tyres with a littel, errmmm.. Violence, without having to cut the inner bead of the rim also.. Guess you´ll have to wait and see. ;)

Anyway, i phoned Bjarne @ rcmodeltruckshop today, and he promised to get back to you ASAP regarding the postage, which shouldn´t be all that expensive.. :)

Yep.

Hey many thanks for your help, it was rather useful. Yes, Bjarne got back to me and said "Sorry but I think I misunderstood You from the beginning.

I can confirm that the 5059 rimes (500907013) can be be used with Carson Wide Tires and can also be used with Wide Tires from Tamiya Reefer Trailer.

Shipment for 2 pcs. will be about dkr. 34,- (without insurance) Maybe a little less.

Total amount for 2 pcs. with shipment is dkr. 154,-.

If You pay with credit card I will automatically lower the amount if the shipping is set to high."

I am very glad that the 5059 wheels are the Tamiya / Carson 907013. I bought one just for experimenting with. If I can make it fit my HTL tyres then I will be very happy :)

Next step would be to get the long blank frame rails for my Tamiya 8x4 tipper. Still think it's a terrible shame that Tamiya don't do an 8x4 tipper of some type.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Well the Tamiya / Carson #907013 wheel, for Tamiya 1:14.5 scale trucks, for WIDE tyres, arrived today from RC Modeltruck Shop of Denmark. Very good service, highly recommended. Cheap postage, which helps me a lot.

The wheel was indeed of silver coloured (not plated) plastic.

Here's the measurements ;-

Front of wheel, rim maximum diameter = 48.96mm

Front of wheel, the "step" inside the rim, diameter = 46.60mm

Tyre bead groove nearest to the outer rim, diameter = 43.49mm

1st "band" nearest to the 1st tyre "bead groove" nearest to the outer rim, diameter = 46.41mm

flat section in middle of wheel, diameter = 43.59mm

2nd "band" nearest to the 2nd tyre "bead groove" nearest to the inner rim, diameter = 46.49mm

Tyre bead groove nearest to the inner rim, diameter = 43.57

Back of wheel, the "step" inside the rim, diameter = 46.07mm

Back of wheel, rim maximum diameter = 49.07mm

wide flat section of inside of wheel, diameter = 40.27mm

just after the very small step (after the taper) on inside of wheel = 43.33mm

See pic's. One using flash, one without, so you can see what it looks like in "reality". Sort of a silver-grey effect. Good but not quite Aluminium-looking.

My Conti HTL tyre has an inner diameter of 43.5mm, so I will have to cut away the 2 bands on the wheels, and probably also the wheel's inner rim end (so as I can slide the tyre on to start off with!).

Cheers,

Alistair G.

post-6936-1327706176_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1327706189_thumb.jpg

Here's the packet that it came in. Although made in Germany, and is I assumed a Carson / Tamiya part, it is actually supplied here by Veroma.

Definitely Tamiya 1:14.5 truck scale though.

ARG

post-6936-1327707000_thumb.jpg

OK time to hack up the wheel. First to remove the frontmost band with Tamiya's Modeler's Side Cutter (straight bladed). Fortunately the bands are solid plastic and leave a flat surface underneath once remove and (eventually) filed flat ;-

Yes this is idiotic :D

ARG

post-6936-1327707602_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1327707642_thumb.jpg

Pic's 2 of hacking the wheel, this time the 2nd band is cut off. Again it is solid and leaves a flat surface underneath.

Then I found that I could not use any means to get the wheel through the tyre, it was impossible, as the tyre is solid rubber. So I cut off the outer part of the wheel also! :D At least the part up to the small "step".

ARG

post-6936-1327707760_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1327707790_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1327707808_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I still could not possibly get the wheel through the tyre so to heck with it and I cut NEARLY the whole of the outer part of the wheel off ! :D

ARG

post-6936-1327707968_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1327707986_thumb.jpg

And finally we have a result! Amazingly it fits!

The rear is a mess, but fortunately the wheel is actually a little wider than the tyre (!) and as a result I can either sand / file it back or maybe superglue on a plastic ring!

Front looks good. Fortunately it still can bear quite a load, even though the wheel has been weakened. Ironically this is because the tyre is of solid rubber and provides structural support!!

Wheel is a tight fit and shows not the slightest hint of coming off. I maybe also later on try hacking up a Tamiya standard width wheel to see if I can fit it on, and remove the plating off it, and see how that looks!

Finally I am able to put my front tyres of choice onto a DIY Tamiya 8x4 tipper!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

post-6936-1327708372_thumb.jpg

Back of wheel (a mess!). However as can be seen the rim protrudes out more than the width of the tyre and maybe I can clean it up / put a ring of plastic on it ;-

ARG

post-6936-1327708797_thumb.jpg

post-6936-1327708810_thumb.jpg

Pic of how flush the front of the wheel is with the tyre. At least this wheel works out a LOT cheaper than the Ruest proper Aluminium one!

Cheers,

Alistair G.

post-6936-1327709021_thumb.jpg