Wandy

Le Mans 240 St....any Good?

In amongst the vast piles of R/C junk I have accumulated over the last 5 years I have come across a couple of Le Mans 240ST motors. Are they any good compared to, say, a Technigold? How long will I get off a modern 2000mAh battery?

Both of them look to be in good condition but one is missing it's brushes and brush locating springs....could I get generic spares for them?

They are nothing special. A 23 turn motor with bushings, they were usually included in kits.

Any springs and upright brushes will work fine. My personal recommendation for the motors would be medium springs and either these or these brushes.

They are nothing special. A 23 turn motor with bushings, they were usually included in kits.

Any springs and upright brushes will work fine. My personal recommendation for the motors would be medium springs and either these or these brushes.

Cheers Terry. Better or worse than a Technipower/Technigold?

I haven't run a Technipower or Technigold, but I consider the 240ST to be a notch above the standard silver can. Like Terry said, they're nothing special.

Compared to a Technigold, worse. The Technigold was Mabuchis top spec race motor at the time, the 240ST was a cheap motor that's faster than the 540 to put in the kits.

On 7/25/2009 at 6:27 PM, RichieRich said:

I haven't run a Technipower or Technigold, but I consider the 240ST to be a notch above the standard silver can. Like Terry said, they're nothing special.

No argument here...! After my silver can broke the bushing out of it'd end-bell cover, I followed recommendation for a 240ST... and man, was I glad I did! Faster & longer runtime!

• Like 1