Sign in to follow this  
highflyer

F104 Optional Bodies?

Is there any past body kit that would work for the F104 besides the kit body and wing set? You know, like the 787B or any 103 bodies for example.

I ask because the 104 wheelbase is longer than the F103RM machines (did I answer my own question). Looking forward to owning the 104 pro soon.

The 787b is basically the same size (wb and track) as a 200mm touring car, might be somwhat wider, I can do a more acurrate comparison soon...

The 787b is basically the same size (wb and track) as a 200mm touring car, might be somwhat wider, I can do a more acurrate comparison soon...

Interesting and thanks, keep me informed. PM me if you want.

How is it with the F103 bodys Type-M, L, C and T. Do they fit the F104 chassis?

-->>> 666 I can do a more accurate comparison soon... So we meet each other on the tracks. May the best driver win.

Regards

:lol:

Isn't the 787b 270mm in wheelbase? The Group C chassis cars have 3 holes in the chassis tub, allowing you to change the wheelbase. According to you can see in the manuals, the cars have the following wheelbases:

260mm: Ferrari F40, Daytona Thunder, Honda NSX, Nissan 300ZX.

270mm: Mazda 787B, Street Devil.

280mm: Mercedes C11, Nissan R91 CP, Jaguar XJR-12.

My experience with the width is that the width of the shells is a bit too wide for the width of the car (that's with the C11 and XJR-12 shells). This is because the wheels from outside edge to the other outside edge hae a width of 195mm and the shell has a width of 205mm (I only measured the XJR-12 shell, but the C11 is about the same).

Isn't the 787b 270mm in wheelbase? The Group C chassis cars have 3 holes in the chassis tub, allowing you to change the wheelbase. According to you can see in the manuals, the cars have the following wheelbases:

260mm: Ferrari F40, Daytona Thunder, Honda NSX, Nissan 300ZX.

270mm: Mazda 787B, Street Devil.

280mm: Mercedes C11, Nissan R91 CP, Jaguar XJR-12.

My experience with the width is that the width of the shells is a bit too wide for the width of the car (that's with the C11 and XJR-12 shells). This is because the wheels from outside edge to the other outside edge hae a width of 195mm and the shell has a width of 205mm (I only measured the XJR-12 shell, but the C11 is about the same).

Thanks for the info. How long is the wheelbase for the F104???