mikea96

Aluminum Parts For Your Oldies

So just wondering if there are any parts people would like to have made out of aluminum to replace those fragile plastic ones on your old runners. Im trying to get my business going so let me know. It can't just be one off pieces, it would have to be parts that more than just a couple of people want.

The Frog, Brat, Blackfoot, Monster Beetle etc... Rear swayarms, shockholder rear, wheel hub(?) (instead of hex)

Badboy

My monster beetle, blackfoot aluminum rims should be ready this week. What other wheels do ya want?

My monster beetle, blackfoot aluminum rims should be ready this week. What other wheels do ya want?

Good luck with the business! :lol:

Will you post up picts and of the wheels?

Yes i will and so far I have coilover kits for the original srb cars and coilovers for the new buggy champ and motor and gear covers for the original SRB buggies and they also fit the new buggy champ. Im also going to design a new chassis soon for the SRB buggies.

How about front uprights for the TA01? In addition to all the TA01/02 variants you get coverage of the Hotshot/Boomerang/Terra Scorcher line too (hint: I want some for my Hotshot, lol).

Also, with the recent Re-Re of the SRB chassis, how about a detail set of the back 1/3 of the V-dub engine? You can pick up a 1/16th Kubel for about $75 and scale it up a little bit... that kit has a very detailed (larger) scale Type 1 engine, and since most of it was covered in fan shroud anyway, it should be fairly simple. How about some nice dual Webbers and an external oil cooler?

I dont wanna get into designing engines just fragile breakable parts for our old runners that are hard to come by.

I dont wanna get into designing engines just fragile breakable parts for our old runners that are hard to come by.

Well, a billet A5 for the Thundershot chassis would be nice. I'd also like some billet shock towers since the stockers (with dual shocks) flex like mad. Alloy steering knuckles would be nice too, as they tend to break where the ball ends go.

How about front uprights for the TA01? In addition to all the TA01/02 variants you get coverage of the Hotshot/Boomerang/Terra Scorcher line too (hint: I want some for my Hotshot, lol).
There's already plenty of those around, for example here.

So just wondering if there are any parts people would like to have made out of aluminum to replace those fragile plastic ones on your old runners. Im trying to get my business going so let me know. It can't just be one off pieces, it would have to be parts that more than just a couple of people want.

Good luck with this whatever parts you end up going for, as for my request always wanted a alloy front bumper for my Grasshoppers! Wouldn't be a one off, i'd have twenty for a start!!

hornet rear shock mounts. both at the top and bottom!

Second the above as well! Allthought the bottom mounting point is easy to get on the bay so just the top? Basicaly any Grasshopper/hornet parts would be great, including vintage hop-up reproductions like the da*m Pro-track rear bumper i've been searching for about 3 years now :lol:

<pedant>

I wouldn't want aluminium rims.

Wouldn't mind aluminium WHEELS tho.

:lol:

</pedant>

<pedant>

I wouldn't want aluminium rims.

Wouldn't mind aluminium WHEELS tho.

</pedant>

So you want alloy rims AND tires????

Just for reference:

rim  /rɪm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rim] Show IPA noun, verb, rimmed, rim⋅ming.

Use rim in a Sentence

–noun 1. the outer edge, border, margin, or brink of something, esp. of a circular object.

2. any edge, margin, or frame added to or around a central object or area.

3. the outer circle of a wheel, attached to the hub by spokes.

4. a circular strip of metal forming the connection between an automobile wheel and tire, either permanently attached to or removable from the wheel

Rim. The edge of the wheel, not the whole wheel. The wheel is the thing you stick the tyre on, not the word for the combination of wheel and tyre.

I think the wheels would be a big seller.

Where do you sell your stuff Mike? Just had a look at main club page but you have no traderoom. Are you on ebay?

How about better shocks/dampers for the Hotshot/Re-issue Hotshot, especially the front end damper. I know there are conversion kits for independent suspension or upgrading to Hotshot II dampers, but by doing so we will lose the look of the HS.

Ok im making a list of feasible parts and we are also working on monster beetle and blackfoot steering knuckles and the rear body mount crossbrace.

I've got two suggestions:

(i) Wild Willy 1 metal wheel covers - to keep costs down just the outside part of the wheel, the inner side to be the standard Tamiya plastic wheel part. The Wild Willy box art shows the jeep to have silver wheels so it would be a great option for box art builders.

(ii) Wild Willy 1 metal wheels - yes a similar suggestion again. Though this time, same look, but a different diameter so that other modern tyres (not too sure which) can be mounted. Decent Wild Willy tyres cost a fortune, so it would be good to have an alternative tyre choice.

There are lots of WW's listed on TC, so I would hope that would translate into a largish number of potential customers. Guess it really depends on how much, or should I say how little, you can sell them for.

grasshopper/hornet/lunchbox part a10 (holds the arms in), an alloy piece would help stiffen up the front end.

Wild Willy 1 Verticle Grille in Aluminium would be very handy also Wild Willy 1 Windscreens with side mounts. These are impossible to find and easy to break.

Put me down for 2 if you get this happening.

Wild Willy 1 Verticle Grille in Aluminium would be very handy also Wild Willy 1 Windscreens with side mounts. These are impossible to find and easy to break.

Put me down for 2 if you get this happening.

You used to be able to get aluminium Wild Willy grills from www.tamiyaresource.com , never bought one myself.