Sign in to follow this  
carparkthrasher

So What Motor And Esc In Your Buggy Champ?

Folks!

Thanks to the good people of Tamiya, Modelsport and City Link Express, my Buggy Champ is now sat on the sofa in my office teasing me with it's 'open the box and smell me' eyes!

Simple question, brought on by my (and many other peoples) obsession with 'making things faster'. What motors and ESC's etc will people be putting in their BC's? Are you going for stock all the way or anything hotter?

TTFN

Im going with stock motor for now and tamiyas life battery so need an esc with lipo cutoff and it seems tamiya are relaesing one in Aug!

Nice to see the bc's have arrived in UK only about a week or so later than getting from Japan!

Im going with stock motor for now and tamiyas life battery so need an esc with lipo cutoff and it seems tamiya are relaesing one in Aug!

Nice to see the bc's have arrived in UK only about a week or so later than getting from Japan!

Stock motor and ESC, carson 7.2 NiMh 2700 hump pack.

Black sport tuned 540, TEU 101-BK, 7,2 hump batterie, RA1028 diff, Rad 22 skid plate and chassie (maybe) cherrybomb coilover shocks.

Badboy

Sport Tuned motor with TEU 101-BK ESC. Thats the combo I use for nearly all my cars - I'm not into mental speeds.

I have bought a Kamtec radio box in preparation as I want to try to run stick packs. If I can't make it work I'll get some new humps

Carson hump pack, stock 540 and stock ESC. I also fitted the high acceleration gear and put soft damper grease in the shocks rather than oil. Had a quick go with the top off, seems plenty quick, lots of donuts and even a few wheelies!