Sign in to follow this  
Twmaster

Which cars have been re-released?

Hiya Tamiya-ites!

What kits have been re-released by Tamiya over the years? I know my XR311 is the 2000 release, I have read somewhere the Tyrrel 6 wheeler has been re-released too. What others?

Thanks!

Other kits are:

Tank Sherman.

Ferrari 312

Tyrrell 6 wheeler

(both were old bodies on new F103 chassis)

XR-311 (some chassis changes)

Wild Willy 2 (some body changes, new chassis)

Lancia Rally 037 (some body changes, ta04 chassis)

Countach body

Toyota Celica Lb turbo body

Willy's Wheelere body

Lancia Rally body

some other F1 I don't remember

Roby

I thought the new Lanica 037 was on a TA03 chassis?

In my opinion it's the onlt re-release that is nicer than the original.

The Lancia is on the TA03RS chassis... and I agree... it is definately the one that is better second time round

Was the Sherman Tank rereleased on the F103 chassis? Post some pictures! [:P] [:o)] Many Tanks are re-released I think, though they all have twin motors, in stead of a single one with a clutch system as seen on older tanks.

The 312T was re-released on the F103RS chassis, which is a F103 with some Hop-ups. The Tyrrell P34 was re-released on a modified F103RS chassis, as it has to have 6 wheels... [;)]

The chassis changes to the XR311 are very minor, some plastic bits (I beleive it was part of the torsion bars / suspension) were replaced by metal ones; now THAT's rare these days! [:o] [:D]

The Lancia Rally was re-released on the TA-03RS chassis, a shortend version of the TA-03 with the motor in the back of the car. It is a way other design than the origional, where the Wild Willy's seem similar in appearance.

And of course the infamous top-of-the-range 2WD buggy has been re-released as well: the Dyna Storm! [:D]

Thanks for all the information. I can attest that the changes to the chassis on the XR311 are the torsion bars which were plastic are now mostly metal and the bulkheads inside the chassis repositioned to allow modern 6 cell stick packs to fit. Overall I think this is a good upgrade making the XR311 a bit more durable. I am still loath to run mine (the 2000 version) as it has many small plastic bits that would easily breaK off. I had the 1977 version and can attest to the ease in which the plastic torsion shafts break. I just wish I could remember where the bits from the original went. Sadly I think they are in the dump. :)

quote:Originally posted by Twmaster

Thanks for all the information. I can attest that the changes to the chassis on the XR311 are the torsion bars which were plastic are now mostly metal and the bulkheads inside the chassis repositioned to allow modern 6 cell stick packs to fit. Overall I think this is a good upgrade making the XR311 a bit more durable. I am still loath to run mine (the 2000 version) as it has many small plastic bits that would easily breaK off. I had the 1977 version and can attest to the ease in which the plastic torsion shafts break. I just wish I could remember where the bits from the original went. Sadly I think they are in the dump. :)

id="quote">id="quote">

I believe the nuts are also different.

As for the tortion bar, XR311 is next on my replica projects, I cannot assure my bars will be bullet proof but at least my father car won't sit poorly on the shelf anymore.

Raoul

quote:Originally posted by TamiyaMan

ROBY - The Willys Wheeler body has been re-released? I had not heard this. What is the part number?

id="quote">id="quote">

It was only ever sold at a Japanese hobby show a few years ago, I think it was 1999. They're getting scarce on eBay nowadays.

quote:Originally posted by yuckydog

An original Wild Willy is better than the WW2?

id="quote">id="quote">

They are 2 totally different beasts, each with their own characters. Its like comparing the new BMW Mini to an old Morris 1000.

quote:They are 2 totally different beasts, each with their own characters. Its like comparing the new BMW Mini to an old Morris 1000.
id="quote">id="quote">

So true, only you should compare at least the Morris Cooper, the WW1 was at least as fast as the WW2 if not faster [;)] Also a good used WW1 costs more than a similar condition WW2, something you can't say for the real cars [;)]

And I wish the Bruiser & Mountaineer could be re released again. They are just scary priced nowadays.

Hope one day dream comes true!

Joaquim