Sign in to follow this  
ultimoptima

Screw Sets

Hi Everyone,

I've been a long time reader here but have only just started putting my cars through a bit of restoration. As you can probably imagine some of the screws have been damaged or lost over time and I need some replacements. Does anyone have any experience of how good the optima mid screw set is from RC Screwz? Are there any better alternatives?

I saw a nos optima mid screw set sold on eBay recently for £33 so I'm guessing that they're pretty rare?

Thanks in advance

David

David,

Original screw sets can get expensive. I used the screw set from RC Screwz for my Turbo Optima restoration. It looks real nice. I don't think anyone else makes a set for your Mid. You could get a beater Mid on ebay and scavenge the screws or just buy some generic sets of black oxide screws from an online hardware store. Here in the states we use Mcmaster-Carr - http://www.mcmaster.com/

Thanks Rich.

I've used an RC Screwz kit on my Savage and also my Sand Scorcher, both have been great. I just wondered because I bought a screw set from hex heads for my Ultima Pro, but found that the counter sunk chassis screws didn't fit the profile of the chassis properly and stuck out instead of being flush fit. Anyone else come across this?

I'll get a set and see how it works out.

Cheers

David