Grandmasterflash

Any Aussies In Qld Keen For A Bash?

Had a great day yesterday. It was good seeing some more variety in the cars that were out (even if they weren't Tamiyas).

Having more than the one original Hotshot out at the same time was great fun (even if mine only made 2 laps before the steering broke).

P1010251.jpg

P1010248.jpg

There may be a few cars that didn't make it into the group shot.

Non-Tamiya display cars.

P1010247.jpg

I don't know if I will make the next meet but I will try to get out even if it is just for a little while.

Thanks for the photos Brad!

These meets are getting better and better. Great variety of cars turning up now.

Running 3 vintage Hotshots was a highlight. So was the free for all high speed racing with RC10s.

I think we need to video at the next one. I have a camera if someone wants to use it.

This Saturday is a go. Who's coming?

Also the Beach run is pencilled in for Saturday afternoon the 6th March at Alex Heads.

Hi Guys,I am new to this club and live on the south side of Brisbane.I am currently running a Sand Scorcher,Buggy Champ,Hotshot,Fox and Grasshopper.I would like to know if the track can be used at anytime through the week because,as usual,i work on Saturdays and can't make it to any of the meetings :lol:. The guys at work all have cars they would like to run as well so any help would be very appreciated :P

Hi Guys,I am new to this club and live on the south side of Brisbane.I am currently running a Sand Scorcher,Buggy Champ,Hotshot,Fox and Grasshopper.I would like to know if the track can be used at anytime through the week because,as usual,i work on Saturdays and can't make it to any of the meetings :P. The guys at work all have cars they would like to run as well so any help would be very appreciated :)

Hey mate! Nice garage of buggies you got there!

Yes the track is open dawn to dusk every day to the public.

If you can't come Saturdays, post up times you plan to go. There are plenty of us that would come for a run. Always good to meet more vintage nuts:)

Cheers

Mark

P.S - there is a run this Saturday 9am for anyone that wants to come. I won't be there as away on holidays.

Hi Guys,I am new to this club and live on the south side of Brisbane.I am currently running a Sand Scorcher,Buggy Champ,Hotshot,Fox and Grasshopper.I would like to know if the track can be used at anytime through the week because,as usual,i work on Saturdays and can't make it to any of the meetings ;). The guys at work all have cars they would like to run as well so any help would be very appreciated ;)

As Mark said it sounds like you have some great cars and it would be great to see them.

The picnic grounds (and therefore the track) at BEC are open from either 7:00 or 7:30 (I can't remember which) until sunset. There are no fences and anyone can use the facilities at any time as the venue is owned by the State Government. Management for the centre do have a no fuel powered vehicles rule and this means no nitro or petrol powered cars and they do come around and check every now and then.

It would be great if you could come out to the Saturday meets but if you can't post up when you do plan to go out and you just might find you have some like minded company.

Cheers,

Brad.

Thanks heaps for the info,hopefully i can make it up in the next couple of weeks.My brother will be coming along as well,his garage consists of,SuperShot,HotShot2,Boomerang,Fox,Falcon and Wild One. Neither of us have run on a track before so it should be interesting.

Just a heads up we are having a run tomorrow (Sat 27th) for anyone who wants to join in.

Having a "Grasshopper/Hornet" run with silver can or black can. So bring along your bouncy solid rear axle buggys for a blast :)

I won't be out till after one but I will swing by with a couple of buggies after work for a run.

Brad.

Sorry for the late notice but we are back to our regular Saturday run tomorrow from 9am.

Come one come all!

I had a great day again yesterday.

The insect cup was great fun. Hornet and Grasshopper based chassis with silver cans or sports tuned only.

Here are a few pictures.

P1010421.jpg

P1010429.jpg

P1010433.jpg

P1010431.jpg

P1010455.jpg

P1010459.jpg

P1010484.jpg

P1010488.jpg

P1010517.jpg

Great shots Brad and Kumi!!!

I love the 6th photo which captured the "Incect Cup" experience perfectly.... Back wheels in the air!

Hope we can get a full feild of 10 cars next fortnight.

OK people. Prepare your cars for another day of plastic crackin fun at Boondall, this Saturday 22 May from 9am

I won't be out as I am away for another week.

Get some photo's poeple :lol:

This Saturday is going to be a big one guys. Seems like forever since we've had a decent run at Boondall.

Hope to see you all there :lol:

Who owns the Stadium Thunder?

Plus, I live in Tanawha, so is there anything a bit closer to home? (I'm 14, can't drive! Parents won't go to Boondall just for me either.)

Hey mate myself and conrad (not to mention gaz) live on the sunny coast, sometimes conrad and i go to the lions park in maroochydore at the end of fishermans rd for a run, might make it there this weekend maybe

Bashing with my TA-02, the reciever decided to pack it in, so... I can't make this weekend. Sorry guys :huh:

if you need a futaba R122JE i have a few

hi guys I may be over on that side of aus later this year on buisness, I am a pommy with a couple of sand scorchers, a madcap and 2 rc10 b3's can I drop by for a blast? do you guys do this most weekends?

hi guys I may be over on that side of aus later this year on buisness, I am a pommy with a couple of sand scorchers, a madcap and 2 rc10 b3's can I drop by for a blast? do you guys do this most weekends?

At the moment it usually every second weekend (weather permitting).

Occasionally we have a run on the off weeks as well to make up for one that was missed or on along weekend.

If you do come over you would be most welcome and even if it is an off week there might be some people out running anyway.

At the moment it usually every second weekend (weather permitting).

Occasionally we have a run on the off weeks as well to make up for one that was missed or on along weekend.

If you do come over you would be most welcome and even if it is an off week there might be some people out running anyway.

Here are some Hi Definition videos on U tube of a Tamiya Super Champ and a Super Shot in action at Boondall on 19th June 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BondallBuggy#p/u/1/smOFPbqhbTo

http://www.youtube.com/user/BondallBuggy#p/u/0/fPMOIRHg_BU

Thankyou

Ian

Thanks for the footage Ian.

Its great to see my Super Shot in action.

Will have the motor re built for a better run.

Gee it was so nice to drive.

See you next time.